Who to trade for Fyfe?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jesters, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

$528,600 Fyfe is looking at....mmmmm time to decide who will take his place.....

2. jb

jb New Member

Trade him at your peril...

3. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

I think its important to remember that it's a long season and jumping on the stars of the first 3 rounds could lead to trouble. I'm thinking Goodes atm. Although could be persuaded to pick up Sidebottom or Cloke.

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

What was the Goodes incident like? 1-2 weeks?

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Fyfe out, switch Smedts to FWD, Goddard in. Seems straightforward enough to me, what could possibly go wrong.

6. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on April 15, 2012, 23:40
    Fyfe out, switch Smedts to FWD, Goddard in. Seems straightforward enough to me, what could possibly go wrong.</blockquote>

Famous last words!

I'm thinking Cornes has shown a lot so far, His position looks valuable. Or I could fix up not starting with Tippet-the guy looks like he's back in his old form.

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

.....and the first real LTI rears its ugly head...

Up front we have Goodes/Buddy if you have neither, then ever consistent old man Boomer & onto Sidebottom/Cloke perhaps (Sidey should get a boost with Ball out as well)...after that its spec picks like Pav/Rok/Danger who all have some bleeding yet to do.

In the mids, your going to be about 100-125k short to up him to a prem ~ if you have the cash I think its an easy trade; if you don't you could leave him on the bench for a few weeks and wait for a moo cow & then just up him straight into a Prem Mid.

Would be good, if possible, to keep the F/M open...but it limits you severly in finding a replacement who'll stay for the year. For those with (I never play) Ledger, you could side him into Treloar, who looked great yesterday and take a run at Boomer or sidey to fill Nathan's shoes....young Vs old.

8. buzz

buzz Member

I have fyfe and &#36;120k in the bank thanks to a trade last week. First thought is to move Fyfe to mids and get murphy (already have pendles). My forward line will be thin on the ground though if i do this, relying on an extra rookie. This is all theoretical planning as we don't know what we're dealing with yet.
    Or go the forward trade ?? Whitecross, sidey or wait a week or 2 to get pav cheaper.

9. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Roughhead, Mitch Robinson? Any takers?

10. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Im liking Roughy as a trade target at the moment. I think the lure of him being a ruck option will net him more points even if he cannot find the footy up fwd or around the ground. Still alot of thinking to do though, not sold on Roughy, but im tempted!

11. scanners

scanners New Member

NRiewoldt anyone?

12. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

I have Hale and Franklin - pretty hard to get Rough in there with those two there. Damn it.

13. bigshow

bigshow Member

With my midfield rookies stinking it up, im going to swing fyfe into the mids and bring in a proven gun.

14. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

For me its down to either Lewis or N.Riewoldt. N.Riewoldt has started the season in his old premium form, is getting a nice chop out from Stanley and is looking fit, however he hasn't played against particularly tough opponents. Lewis has consistently averaged around 90 ppg for years now, however his last 6 or so games from last season saw him average ~112 and his last two games have netted high scores, has his role in his side changed at all recently that has allowed him to score highly? I'm not sure if he can keep that form nor play an entire season without getting injured/suspended.

15. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Lewis sure is looking good. I'm leaning towards the same as you Buzz, as Murphy is always someone i'm going to end up with, it may just be sooner rather than later. However, I will be losing the fwd/mid link that is so handy.

Alternatively it may be a good idea to dg to a cash cow and sacrifice having another premium straight away for the long term gain. Who is the question though...

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Is it too late to get on Stanley? Fyfe to Stanley makes &#36;300K and he is averaging 89 over the 3 weeks so will make some nice &#36;&#36;&#36; for few more weeks at least. Just doesnt seem to be any decent forward options without taking huge risks that Sidebum/LEwis/Robinson will actuall have breakout seasons.

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Not keen on NRoo thunda? Has looked good so far.

Stanley still has alot of money to make so even if you're not going to get him as a potential keeper it could be a good way to make some quick cash and not totally miss out on a player that looks like he'll top &#36;400k in five or so weeks.

18. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

This comes at a terrible time because most players are about to lose money based on their inflated starting prices. If he got injured next week, many premiums would be 30-50k cheaper.

19. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yea keen on NRoo but im also trying to plan ahead and work out how to get enough cash to bring Pendles in. Reckon Riewoldt is best option of the premiums thought (assuming everyone has Buddy/Goodes etc)

20. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Whitecross has to be worth a look, he has averaged near the best forwards for the last 3 rounds, and his opposition have hardly been spuds. I have gone for him over Roo in DT, fortunately I don't have to make the call in SC.
    If I didn't already have Stanley, I would have gone with Shaun's idea though to be honest.