How far away is to far away?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Fitzy, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I know its very early days, but with overall points, how far away at this stage is to far way to get up there. Personally I'm just F!@#$%^& unlucky, but would be intrested to know some opinions :) Thanks

2. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

from 60k to 19k this week without ablet as capt (
    i think without loading the page ... someone in the top 10 jumped from 1k to 7 this week

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

@Vanderz what did you score to get up that quick. lol

4. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

err without loggin in to check not that massive 225x 5k weekly rank and up 41k spots from last week lol

5. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

where u ranked fitz ?

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'm ranked 11k ...500 points behind. Too far away I think?

7. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

@hdons ... i didnt capt ablet this week .. and it cost me about another 3k in weekly ranking ....weird things can happen
    i mean ...if the leader has fyfe dempsy and you have boughton shaw thats nearly 200 points in 1 week so never say die i guess

8. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

if u look at the top 50 ranks from this week

13 23 31 and 40 all came from 2k to 6k last week

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, at this early stage, you can still really come from anywhere. If your players get on a roll, anything could happen as we've still got many weeks to go.

10. Dino

Dino New Member

@H_Dons I wouldn't be giving up just yet. A few good scores and you could find yourself right up there.

11. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

@anthak, yeah thats what i was thinking, but how many points away from the leader, do you think is to many
    @vanderz im rankedd 46k which im not happy about, i have fyfe dempsey birchall lake goodes franklin, all of which were either reported or injured

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

LAst season after Round 7 i was ranked around 74K. by end of season i peaked at 1500 before finishing about 4000 after shocking last round. So given its only Round 3 i would say top 50,000 could still be in with shot if things go your way.

13. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

@stkildathunda, good effort last year! I peaked in the last round with a weekly ranking of 60th, put my ranking up to 5k, but this year wanna be up there all year, gonna need some luck!

14. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

74,000th this week took me from 1st to 51st. A decent result given Dempsey came off.

15. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

looking good mcalmanac! whats your team name?

16. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

Blighty Teasdale

17. theclaud

theclaud New Member

Anything can happen from here on in. As long as team has a solid foundation and you build it up with the right trades, you would be suprised how much you can claw back.

From memory I was 120k position after the second round last year. Finished up top 500. My aim was to get highest position I could.

Just 2 things I did that probably helped me get there;

Fierce trading - not stupid trading, but trading hard and early to people I thought reliable.
    Getting the right PODs. - can't claw anything back if you follow the crowd.

Thanks to Walesy and the gang I was able to get most of that right, and a lot of luck needed as well though.
    So I would say most still in the hunt.

18. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I'm in 3712 position at the moment and think even though I have 24 trades still in the bank that I'm probably too far back to win.
    So honestly the rest of you are stuffed, and should realistically think about structuring up for leagues.

Then again, I do think those who are in the 50k mark could still come back to top 100. That's doable and a very noteworthy achievement. Winning isn't doable though.

19. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I'm around 2700th and probably too far back to do any damage, Round 1 killed me.

20. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

So consensus here might be top 1000 has a chance, top 100 a fairly good one, the rest things would have to go your way in a hurry.