Who to trade for Fyfe?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jesters, Apr 15, 2012.

1. silacious

silacious New Member

I had swung fyfe into mids before lockout. i have 250k in bank looking to pick up a mid. i definately want murphy or judd. they have been smoking so far.
    if that doesn't work out could get Nroo in for fyfe. He's looking good, even though he burnt me last year

2. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

With Embley and Priddis out, Masten is a solid pick

3. jibba

jibba Member

I like Stanley too because he has the late bye, so he could make money quickly, then be an easy swap to someone like Cloke/Pav/Goodes/Chapman in Rnd 13
    Heck, i've already done the trade. I was originally gonna get Cloke but it seems stupid to get him now when he's still got a high BE with his poor effort on the weekend.
    Using the money earned now, I could bump Smith/Kennedy/(maybe hall? XD) to Cloke once he bottoms out :D

4. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TopHeavy on April 15, 2012, 23:32
    What was the Goodes incident like? 1-2 weeks?
    </blockquote>

I'd say nothing. He should be OK.

5. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I'm liking the look of Lewis for Fyfe, but also like the idea of the Stanley trade and sitting on the cash difference for a while.

6. gogonz

gogonz New Member

no mention of Chappy or Harvey......

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I'd say it's Buddy time in my team as well, Meataxe.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from gogonz on April 16, 2012, 11:13
    no mention of Chappy or Harvey...... </blockquote>

Chappy is pretty much past his best. Was lucky to score 116 last week and now has 57 in his system. Will be much cheaper in next 3-4 weeks. Much better options elsewhere.

9. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Harvey = no for me. I have the no fossil rule in my team. Chappy will no doubt will be rested at some stage of the year depending on how Geelong are going. The only fossil I would consider is Goodes because of his durabilty and he does not go missing when he gets tagged.

Sidebum is probably the preferred option at the moment now that Ball is gone for the year. He should see extended minutes in the midfield now. I would like to get Cloke into my team at some stage but I think I will hold off for the time being while his price is going downhill.

10. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Assuming most people have Buddy, who would be your next SC picked Hawk? For me I think its Roughy > Lewis > WhiteX.

11. silacious

silacious New Member

if you have a choice between JP Kennedy and Murphy who would you pick first? as i want both of these in my mids by the end of the year

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from silacious on April 16, 2012, 11:47
    if you have a choice between JP Kennedy and Murphy who would you pick first? as i want both of these in my mids by the end of the year</blockquote>

JPK because it looks like you wont be able to pick him up any cheaper.

13. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

If I can't hold out a few weeks for Pendles, JPK is definitely my preferred trade for Fyfe.

The Stanley + &#36;&#36;&#36; option is pretty tempting though!

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Boyd has to be seriously considered. Just had look at his draw and has Melbourne, GWS, Collingwood, North Melbourne & Gold Coast in next 5 weeks!!

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Mundy and Barlow look tempting also, as they are primed to cheapen up somewhat. Freo's run is a bit tougher with the blues, eagles, and hawks coming up over the next 6 rounds. But someone has to crack the ton for them? (Alongside Sandi that is).

16. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

NTS outside of Buddy in the forward half...
    I'd say Hale/Rioli have value now.
    Roughead may in about 5 weeks.
    Lewis will be solid but probably not much better than that in scoring. I personally think he's never been a SC player, much more DT if anything.

17. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Any love for Danger?

Probably on par with Sidey, maybe a touch behind Lewis. But one of the good mid/fwd options. AVG 95 atm having played only 1 home game at Aami (and that was against a tough flooding doggies team), has GWS and Port over the next 2 weeks and is the cheapest of the 3.

All this talk about 'more mid time for Sidey' to me he seems to have played a lot of mid time anyway, will it actually increase? Wellingham is more likely to be the beneficiary of Ball going down...

18. DC

DC Member

Re Franklin.

Is this the week to get him with the higher BE and playing Eagles up there?

19. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Just see your thoughts on this one. Have to get rid of Fyfe and can afford the whole board of players so should I go for a Cheaper forward or a more expensive one? I'm looking at the deep end with the likes of Lewis and NRoo or should I fatten my back a little bit with guys like Hale or Sidebottom. My first time at SC and I'm already on the top of my league. Thank you Too Serious!! Where have you been all of my life!

20. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Agree with Lucas regarding Lewis having always been more of a DT player, however the SC differentials have been quite markedly in his favour over the past two rounds, 116 vs 86 and 121 vs 86.

I would think that Beams would benefit the most from Ball's injury but could be wrong.