Who else went Broughton to Dempsey? :o

Discussion in 'AFL' started by fidelsfinger, Apr 15, 2012.

1. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from shaken on April 15, 2012, 20:03
    +1 for Broughton to Geary. Lost around 10 points (and a trade), but gained a lot of coin (and less stress!)</blockquote>
    Same, can't see broughts getting so much mid time next week

2. Turbs

Turbs New Member

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on April 15, 2012, 20:25
    +1 for Broughton to Geary. Lost around 10 points (and a trade), but gained a lot of coin (and less stress!)</blockquote>
    Same, can't see broughts getting so much mid time next week</blockquote>

Is it only me that is tipping he'll get much more mid time seeing as fyfe is gone ?? Lyon is now down a premium midfielder... yes barlow will now be used full time mid as hes fit but Broughts should start seeing more attacking roles...
    Jmo as i dont have broughts anyway

3. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Broughton didn't light it up until the last quarter really - probably the Fyfe effect. Will be surprised if Broughts gets a lot of midfield time with Mundy/Barlow/Mora in the mix. Broughts also traditionally lights it up against the Lions so no surprise there (last time to this he played them he scored 140+)

As for Fyfe - its a tough one - suspect he's gone for at least 3 months myself, but we'll find out this week I guess. Who to trade in? Mitch Robinson or Roughhead are two I'll be looking at for those not mentioned yet on this thread.

I'm dangerously short of cover for the forward line - hopefully Smedts/Dickson will be back to alleviate that situation next round.

4. scanners

scanners New Member

I have Broughton but missed the Freo v Bris game. Can anyone fill me in on the role that Broughton played? Did he get midfield time? Does anyone see him playing more mid time with fyfe out?

5. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

He seemed to me to be playing a halfback flank/wing in the second half? Seemed to be in a lot of open space in that last quarter - early on not so. He did get some hard ball gets from memory and I recall at least one of them from a centre bounce in the second half - so he was in there for that, no doubt filling in for the Knife. In summation - from my memory he spent most of the game down back but did have some on the ball time in the second half - which his SC score reflected.

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I did, and lost to a team called 'EPIC FAIL' by one point. Doesn't hurt much more than that.

On the plus side, he may be back this week.

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from TopHeavy on April 16, 2012, 09:53
    I did, and lost to a team called 'EPIC FAIL' by one point. Doesn't hurt much more than that.

On the plus side, he may be back this week.</blockquote>

lol, that's too funny seriously!

8. bama

bama Active Member

I wouldn't get to excited all you "I told you so's", it was only tightness and precautionary more than likely he will play this week if not ANZAC day. Hammy's can happen to anyone, just look at Lids in the preseason never had a soft tissue injury prior to that.

Just glad I got rid of all my bad luck this week, now bring it on!!!

9. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

Guilty your honour.....

Thought it was a season defining decision - you either keep Broughton for the long and bumpy ride or get off and cut your losses.

Still think that Broughton owners will have their time over the next few weeks of wanting to lay curses on Lyon, but this week has been a killer.

As a Bombers fan, I still think Dempsey will have a break-out year if he can stay on the park, but that is a big IF at this point.

10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Turbs on April 15, 2012, 20:46
    <blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on April 15, 2012, 20:25
    Same, can't see broughts getting so much mid time next week</blockquote>

Is it only me that is tipping he'll get much more mid time seeing as fyfe is gone ?? Lyon is now down a premium midfielder... yes barlow will now be used full time mid as hes fit but Broughts should start seeing more attacking roles...
    Jmo as i dont have broughts anyway </blockquote>

No - can't see him continuing in the mids. Mundy back, Barlow back, Mzungu, Crowley, DeBoer, Pav - plenty of mids there (and that's only off the top of my head).

More guys that can help replace Fyfe than Broughton. Broughton I'd think would be short odds to return to his previous role next week.

Plus, Fyfe may even return - which would be silly and shortsighted, but it could happen. Then Broughton definitely won't be going through the mids as much.

11. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Mundy, Barlow, DeBoer, Crowley, Pavlich and Mzungu all played on the weekend.

12. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

I went Howard > Clarke and Broughton > Goddard.

Think I did ok.

13. Mickyboy

Mickyboy New Member

I traded out Broughton last week for Dempsey, what a mistake now thinking of Dempsey for Josh Drummond, was a premium until last years injuries and at 369k could prove great value, first game back 96 sc points any thoughts???

14. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Noteworthy that Clancee went pretty well also. Any chance he picked up a few Fyfe points?