Potential Cash Cows - Post Round 3

Discussion in 'AFL' started by benstar94, Apr 17, 2012.

1. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

Ok,

Now that some of our cash cows are moo-ing and its time to trade up. Interested to here who everyone believes will have upside post round 3, especially those that have yet to play, but should in the near distant future.

After all we need to sell our current cash cows to upgrade, who is going to help us keep upgrading.

2. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

One week of price movements isn't enough to send your cows to the slaughterhouse.

Only trade i'm looking at is cashing in people like Caddy (GCS) who are mid $200k and only rising $20k. Just not scoring or mooing enough. Straight swap for Old McDonald looks good.

3. kevy

kevy New Member

It's way too early to start the upgrading process. There are only 4 rookies who have risen more than 60k (kennedy, bugg, giles, magnet) 60k is about a 1/3 of the kind of money you want your 'cows' to make

4. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

The trade i am thinking of making, is trade out hurley (under-achieving) and Ellis, for whitecross and beau wilkes.

i do still hold a number of rookies in defence but need to boost my forward line

5. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I'm not sure why you would do that, when wilkes isn't getting a game and Ellis is going to slowly make u money for the next 5-8rounds. Hurley to Whitecross is just a sideways fixup trade which you can do if you want, hard to give advice for sideways trades if we don't know the motives.

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Completely and utterly premature to slaughter any cows. All the decent ones have several weeks of growth left in them.

I'm sitting pat for a while so guys like Stanley, Magner, Bugg, Mohr, Shiel, Smith, Kennedy, Morris, etc start really putting on some dollars.

If one looks like they've reached their peak (or close to it), then it will be slaughter time ... and most likely it will be a couple of the GWS guys to go first considering their Rd 11 bye.

7. Chicko

Chicko New Member

completely agree with Chris88 - its premature mooing to go and trade out a cow now. Sit tight Benstar.

8. Seabass

Seabass New Member

The only one I would think of getting rid of in the near future would be Clay Smith, now that his rd1 game is out of the rolling average. And with a positive breakeven (30-odd), depending on how he goes this week I'd look at trading to McDonald, who I would see appreciating in value a lot quicker than Clay and scoring more consistently as well, barring any future brain fades.

But then again, if Clay can pull out an 80-odd this week I'd probably just sit on him for a bit longer anyway and just wait for the next decent rookie to debut well before pulling the trigger.

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Lachie Neale flying into Melbourne! Might be very close to playing finally!!

10. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

@Chris and others

Maybe it's best not to view it as a slaughter trade, but as another correction trade. I've only used 1 correction trade, so I have another planned one up my sleeve.
    Clay Smith I've been watching and not rating very highly at all. Absolute butcher of the ball.
    If I trade him out and pocket that small price rise I can upgrade of fyfe to an extra premium mid I'm sorely lacking.

It's more about who to trade in.
    Can anyone tell me anything about Newnes from STK? (I'm looking at you stkthunda)

11. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

@aerodyte

Re Clay Smith I have same dilemma. Weighing up that he may butcher the ball but has the potential to improve once he settles down and takes the pressure off himself...after all he did slot 4 goals so he can kick it??? Playing Melbourne this week so maybe give him one more chance, if spuds it, Jmac and Treloar will then be on the bubble so could be worth giving Clay one more week.
    Fyfe is a tough one for me too and his potential to lose money a real risk, but if a valuable trade is worth about $150-200,000 I may just hold him as there will still be viable sideways swap options the following week if need be.
    Good Luck.

12. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Is it pre-mature to burn a trade when you have a player doing jack? I've got Cripps and now Goodes is out for a week I have to put him on and he is terrible in every way shape and form.

13. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Smith will go alright patience boys allow for the mooing to take place it doesn't happen over night

14. Randy_al_Thor

Randy_al_Thor New Member

Dell'Olio promoted from rookie list for Essendon, played well in NAB cup (albeit only the first round robin matches), will definetely get a game either against the Scum or Filth given the short break between games. Hopefully carries some form into the big league and keeps his spot, could be a nice downgrade (if needed) around round 6/7.

15. BJWNFI

BJWNFI Member

@Gonaddz, I'm in much the same boat with Cripps!

I, like 30%+ of SC'ers, have both Fyfe & Martin but happy to stick fat with them both for the moment. I was really trying to avoid trading this week after a couple of fix-ups last week.

However......with needing to see if Fyfe plays, Goodes out and also having to watch on Hale's progress, I'm almost certainly going to have to play Cripps. To add insult to injuries, I've got Ledger using up oxygen on my mid bench.

Assuming Fyfe is picked....

TU: Keep Cripps & Ledger for at least this week
    TD: Boot their sorry arses

16. BJWNFI

BJWNFI Member

LOL - pick the newbie - there's no TU/TD function in this thread! Oh well, just your learned comments are fine :)

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'd rather is Lachie Neale waits 1-2 weeks just to on the bubble at the correct time!

18. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

seems to me the rookies will moo VERY slowly, so many crap scores from them, lots of 30s... many rookies average 52pts or so, which is not gonna reach the $360k we all want from each. This year is very interesting, im not sure previous yrs compare. i dont know if we can bank on having full premium teams by round 16/18. This might mean using rookies more wisely, keeping, and hoping for some lucky big games.
    this week for example is a time when many will need Brandon Ellis to get more than 8 kicks.

19. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Those with CHeater Shaw & Daisy Thomas will have even more to worry about now with both set to miss Saturday & Wednesday

20. SC_Dave

SC_Dave Member

Looks good for a Power victory, hey Bear.