Who to trade for Fyfe?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jesters, Apr 15, 2012.

1. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Don't have him myself,
    but N Roo, Tippett & Sidebum would be the options I'd be looking at in those shoes.

2. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Line per line, assuming no other MPP options.

3. obleex

obleex New Member

Would rather keep him and save the trade if he's named. Back him in - Ross wouldn't risk him if he was a danger of re-injuring and missing finals! (Surely?)

4. Tango

Tango New Member

I'm looking at NRoo. He's had a fairly easy run up until now and he's got Freo at Etihad and Melbourne for his next 2 opponents followed by a tough run of 4 games against the Hawks, Blues, Eagles and Swans. Anyone else think he can recapture his circa 2010 form?

Tippett has the same type of run as NRoo. GWS and Port next 2, but then Sydney in Sydney, Geelong, Carlton, Collingwood and Freo in Perth. Could be in for a very tough time over that 5 game stretch.

Chappy also being considered. His next 3 are Richmond, Brisbane and Melbourne. He does have a B/E of 137 this weekend though.

5. gogonz

gogonz New Member

If he's named he stays. If he isn't, gonski.

6. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

If he does go, I thinking a pod in Ziebell. Risky.....history of injuries/reports but need to make up some points.

7. pollypies

pollypies Member

Why is no one mentioning boomer? I was put off at the start of the year by rumour he would be palying more forward with only the occassional stint in the mids. But after two 30 plus disposal games, including 38 he must be playing midefield.

8. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Have said it in the round 3 review, Get on Roughead with his F/R link will be able to downgrade either giles/redden/stephensen (depending on who you have) to a cheap R4 (wont make cash with R4 but will open up F/R links!!!) That way will still have the option of covering the byes!!

If he plays in the ruck like he has done he will AVG 100 IMO with some good 120plus games chucked in for good meausre! The downside is he has come back from injury but according to himself he has been ready to go for weeks!!

9. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from pollypies on April 17, 2012, 10:09
    Why is no one mentioning boomer? I was put off at the start of the year by rumour he would be palying more forward with only the occassional stint in the mids. But after two 30 plus disposal games, including 38 he must be playing midefield. </blockquote>

Loose across half-back mainly. Hence lots of uncontested ball and plenty of points. So glad I started with him as a POD.

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I just get too scared of the whole achilles situation. I once read they were going to avoid using roughy in the rucks as much as possible...but on Sunday I saw him in the center square on multiple occasions (probably due to MaCauley out).
    I got burned badly by roughead last year (traded him in the week before he did the ankle) so definitely not going down that path again! I chose rucks that don't share the BYE anyway so Giles just gets put on the field with one of them each week.

11. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

I'm with Lethaldons, Roughie looks a solid option, and they have now tested him for a match in the rucks and the achilles held up.

Having gone with the 1-3 rucks strategy, that makes Fyfe for Roughie an attractive proposition with future trades in mind.

12. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I've got Hale already up forward, so I have the "extra" ruckman as well as the 1-0-3 fit out. In a few weeks I can see a guy like Redden being traded out, moving Hale into the ruck and bringing in a rookie forward for cash.

If I didn't have Hale, I'd definitely look at Roughead though. Think that's a good solid common sense (and forward thinking) trade.

13. Dun1

Dun1 Member

Fyfe has to go. Already got Porp in my team. One dodgy shoulder in my team is enough. Thinking Lewis as a straight replacement.

14. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Don't think Fyfe's shoulder is that bad at all just a scare. The more people doubt him and burn a trade the more likely he will belt out a decent score against St.Kilda. The smart move is to wait and see and if he's named he should stay for sure.

15. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on April 17, 2012, 12:29
    Don't think Fyfe's shoulder is that bad at all just a scare. The more people doubt him and burn a trade the more likely he will belt out a decent score against St.Kilda. The smart move is to wait and see and if he's named he should stay for sure.</blockquote>
    He didn't look scared on the weekend, he looked in agony.
    I only have him in my DT, but I have traded him already and wont regret it regardless of whether he plays or not.

16. Daz

Daz New Member

What Gonaddz said! Don't trade before the teams are released!

17. Credmi

Credmi New Member

I have Fyfe up forward & a ruck combo of Sex on the beach, Giles & Redden, so my plan is:
    Rnd 4 - Trade Fyfe for Stanley & bank the &#36;&#36;&#36;.
    Rnds 5-10 - Trade out Redden when he is mooing loudly for a &#36;94,700 F/R option, earn some more &#36;&#36;&#36; & I will just carry them for the rest of the year.
    Rnd 11 - With both Cox & Giles sitting out the rnd, my ruck combo will be Stanley & Sandilands.
    Rnd 12 - No Sandilands, so ruck combo of Cox & Giles, with Stanley up forward.
    Rnd 13 - Back to sex on the beach.
    It requires 2 trades, but generates probably &#36;500,000-550,000 & gives me good ruck coverage in the byes. I'll probably do the Fyfe trade out & treat it as an LTI trade, even if he plays this week, unfortunately he has lost my confidence in him this year, but I love his game style & will be one of my 1st picks next year.
    Thoughts???

18. stowie

stowie Moderator

Stanley is a FWD only this year...

19. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Daz on April 17, 2012, 12:49
    What Gonaddz said! Don't trade before the teams are released!</blockquote>

There are revisable trades this year... You can trade whenever you want and all you have to do is hit the 'reverse trades' if you change you mind before the round lockout

20. Credmi

Credmi New Member

Damn, that stuffs up that plan, I was so proud of it too, lol