Who to trade for Fyfe?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jesters, Apr 15, 2012.

1. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Credmi on April 17, 2012, 13:23
    Damn, that stuffs up that plan, I was so proud of it too, lol</blockquote>

You can still use Roughead to make that plan work, but obviously he costs more.

2. Credmi

Credmi New Member

Just had a good look at F/R players, I'd choose Hale b4 Roughead, at least then the plan would generate &#36;300-350,000. Bloody CD, first Gibbs loses his defender status, even though that's where he plays & now Stanley, it's a bloody outrage I tell ya, lol.

3. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_Swert on April 17, 2012, 13:44
    <blockquote>Quote from Credmi on April 17, 2012, 13:23
    Damn, that stuffs up that plan, I was so proud of it too, lol</blockquote>

You can still use Roughead to make that plan work, but obviously he costs more.</blockquote>

I'm considering roughy for this as I have Sandi/Mummy (both round 12 byes), and don't want to rely on Giles/Redden, even if it is only for a week.

I'm expecting redden to be replaced as No.1 ruck at Port by then anyways, and when that happens bring in Rowe (will he get a game?) or the 94k stk bloke (can't think of his name atm).

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Question - if Fyfe is named to play (and luckily Freo play on Friday, which sorts out any late withdrawal issues) - why would people still keep him in their side despite his obviously dodgy shoulder/s being one decent bump away from coming out again.

I reckon the bigger fear would have to be Fyfe playing on rather than having time off, going off injured a couple more times this year, scoring crappy scores, dropping value and killing league and overall standings for those who hold him.

And that's before his expected &#36;50K price drop this week (if he plays and scores his average)

We all take risks in SC, but I just think Fyfe is too big a risk to take.

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Just as an adjunct to that - we've all seen the impact chronic injuries can have on players SC scores.

I remember having Judd in my SC side the year he hurt his groin and continued to play ... 2007 I think it was. He killed teams late by notching up 50s and 60s. Cost teams finals.

Similarly, Ablett the year he hurt himself mid-season, struggled on for a couple of games and finally took a break of a couple of games. Again - that hurt given his scores dropped away, and then he missed matches anyway.

I have this fear Fyfe may end up the same way.

6. DC

DC Member

Hey Chris

Great question and going by what you just said it sounds like you will be moving him on...

Pretty sure Fyfe dislocated his shoulder mid last year and missed a week or two (I kept him) then I remember him smashing out scores of 100 for most of the games remaining in the season.... (obviouslly missed last round) but yeah.. Think I will keep him again if Ross Lyon allows him to play!

Absolute gun when he is on fire!

7. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

this week sounds so similar to Round 1 BLake hysteria (came out and scored 110); Round 2 Broughton hysteria (scored 110).

8. DC

DC Member

Kennellys shoulder continually dislocated during games back a few years ago and he just got it popped back in and kept going haha

9. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from GaryReal on April 17, 2012, 15:40
    this week sounds so similar to Round 1 BLake hysteria (came out and scored 110); Round 2 Broughton hysteria (scored 110).</blockquote>

And for the third week, I'm keeping that particular player.

(unless he doesn't get named) :)

10. Credmi

Credmi New Member

@GaryReal
    Slightly different scenarios, Fyfe suffered a re-occurrence of a potentially season affecting injury, whereas Lake & Broughton just had low scoring games.
    @chris88
    From reading through this thread, I got the gist that most people were trading out Fyfe, hence the title "Who to trade for Fyfe". As I said, i'm treating it as an LTI.

11. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Im probably going to risk it and hold him if he plays this week and luckily we'll know before lockout friday. Having said that im not going to let it turn into the sandilands disaster of last year. Different injury i know but freo didnt seem to have a clue what they were doing with him and I was one of those who held and held all the way to the SC finals before finally getting rid of him. Then he came back and did pretty well of course. The ones who are laughing are the people who dont currently have fyfe, they can sit back watch and see how his shoulder copes over the next few weeks and then possibly bring him in whens he cheap for a maxed out rookie. If he goes i'll probably go back to chapman even though he didnt have a very good game on sunday

12. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I think you also cannot underestimate the value of a saved trade - come deep into the SC season. I'm sitting tight and seeing what the teams are on Thursday. If he's named and plays, I will of course be sweating bullets on his shoulders and potential drop in value BUT you save a trade and give your cows more time to moo - and we all love a good moo.

13. Random_Man

Random_Man New Member

Any love for Shannon Hurn...averaging 100 at &#36;460k.....looks to be playing a nice sweeping role across half back....could be a sneaky little POD...thoughts?

14. theclaud

theclaud New Member

Fyfe played most of last season his the same injury and still was one of the highest scoring forwards in the game. I wouldn't be trading him out just yet.

15. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

They just said on AFL 360 that Fyfe will not go for surgery and play on this year and is putting his hand up for Friday night. Then they decided to throw a curve ball and say the next time it pops he will go in for surgery, which makes no sense - either do it now or post season! Will wait for a proper article explaining the situation I think...

16. Credmi

Credmi New Member

He may have put his hand up to play, but I bet he used the arm that doesn't have an injured shoulder, lol.

17. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

thats a good one credmi.

thanks for that update thokash, if it pops in the first quarter of friday nights game the cat might want to be in another room

18. snoz

snoz Moderator

Is Scott Selwood fools gold ? I understand he's played Melb & GWS.....but a 135 Ave is nothing to sneeze at.

19. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I'd say there will be some articles coming out today then.
    I'm not sure if I'll trade him or not. Even if named, I think I may trade him. But really not sure yet. It's great that he has game on Fri night, as he could even end up sub, and we will find out before lockout. Lyon has had players returning from inj as sub so far, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Fyfe as sub after an injured week on training track.

20. Devoed

Devoed New Member

The problem with holding onto Fyfe is that he's going to start bleeding &#36;&#36;&#36; and if his shoulder goes again and Freo decide to mothball him, then, unless you have coin in the bank, your options for a sideways trade will be limited.

@Simonoz - I'm asking myself the same question. I haven't seen any WCE games this year. Does anybody know who's taken his place as a run-with player? My fear is that when push comes to shove and they need to shut down an opponent, he'll be back tagging.