Seeking a ticket to the Hawks v Eagles match on 21/4

Discussion in 'AFL' started by anthak, Apr 12, 2012.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Since I moved over to WA in 2010, Ive been able to get to all the games that Hawthorn have played over here.

They are coming over in Round 4 to play the Eagles, but the game is already sold out.

Was meant to be going with my boss. He said he would be able to get tickets. He is no longer going, and didnt think to tell me. :( SMH

I have found tickets on Ebay and Gumtree for $80, but I'd rather spend less if i can.

Does anyone have a spare ticket, or have access to a ticket for me? Or have any suggestions about where to get one?

There may be some tickets that go on sale to general public on the 20th April, but I would rather sort something out before then.

Thanks

2. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

yer the best avail online is 4 tickets at 69 each
    a very very long longshot...an old gf of mine once rang up the local radio and begged for anzac day tickets live , she got 2 lol

gl hope u get to the game

3. anthak

lol, maybe I should try that
    I did wonder if there would be any competitions I could enter

4. anthak

Oh and those tix at $69 - I contacted them and their taking bids for them, and min bid is actually $80 ATM.

More than I would like to pay. I will consider it though, if I can't find anything else.

5. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

That's the way AFL has gone nowa days. I tried to go to the Gold Coast vs Collingwood game at metricon last year, and couldn't get a ticket (except behind the goalsquare!)from ticketek and that was 2 weeks before the actual game.

However I looked on ebay and found all the other tickets there, and all at extremely high prices. That's the way all these tickets are getting sold now. The sad part is that the crowd was only 3/4 full!

6. anthak

:bump:

7. anthak

Wooooooo hooooo!
    I managed to get a ticket today! :D

I put an ad online (gumtree) saying I was looking for a ticket, and someone called me this morn as they had a spare.

Paid face value - $30 :)

Gonna be sitting with Eagles members but that's how it goes over here I suppose.

GO HAWKS!

8. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Just as long as you wear blue and gold to the game mate ;)

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

In 2001 I used my mothers members ticket to go watch the Saints get annihilated by WC at Subi with my dad, despite my insistence on wearing full colours people were pretty much 100% friendly.
    Not sure they would have been if we were winning, but members tend to be a bit more schooled in the game, you should be fine!

10. jb

jb New Member

Be afraid anthony, be very afraid. My tip is you will win this in a close one and those members will turn ugly on you. Which means you will have a great time. I have in the past with our Derbys.

Hardest thing will be if you have a couple of the eags in your sc team. You want then to smash it but not win it.

Nice score on the tix tho.

11. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Just had a friend offer out two spare! knew it would happen eventually but glad you have a ticket already!

I'll be working at the Subi Hotel if you're out celebrating after!!!

12. jb

jb New Member

When the Hawks beat my mob over here, afterwards alot of them rocked up to the Brisbane Pub. Classier and more eye candy. The ladies were all over them in minutes.

Sorry Julz no offence - Subi is great for the pre-game wet of the whistle tho for sure.

13. anthak

I had no idea this thread had gone off so much.

I've only got Cox from the eagles, so won't have to worry about cheering on opposition too much JB.

I reckon the hawks are gonna have a big win. The Eagles are gonna get a bit of a shock after having played against witches hats for the first 3 games.

don't think I'll be able to go for a drink before. Gotta take my daughter to a birthday party in morn and will be stretched for time before game. Maybe after though...

And thanks for thinking of me for those tix Julz. I'm glad I was able to get one when I did... Didn't want to leave it too late in the week