Heath Shaw. Keep or trade?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 20, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

As the subject says, is it time for Shaw to go with his underperforming and now 2 weeks on the sidelines, or do you stick tight, trust that he will return to his previous best. Has been giving away a lot of free kicks so far and not receiving too many which could be dogging his scores. He has always been a good Supercoach scorer and plays the "SC friendly" game. Is it smart to use a trade on him, when he SHOULD be a keeper come seasons end.

2. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Keep.

3. whips

whips New Member

I'm keeping. As you say, he should be a keeper and I might lose 60-80 points over the 2 rounds he misses. That's not worth a trade IMO.

4. DoggyODFL

DoggyODFL New Member

Well I'm trading him out... I need to avoid a doughnut. And there are not any rookie defenders that I am keen on to replace those I have on the bench not playing this week atm.

Out Shaw - in Comes Marty Clarke.
    Out Ledger - in who? Zeibel, Masten, Parker (anyone else < 436K) Looking for someone as a keep if possible

5. Nifty

Nifty Member

Should i trade Shaw out, as i have Lake, Ellis, Boumann, Smedts & Shaw.... Ellis on extended bench, if he's not named, i will have 5 non players....... therefore 3 donuts?????
    Was thinking Shaw & Lake out, for Goddard & Clarke.. Does hurt using 2 trades though???

6. DC

DC Member

Keep Shaw guys!

Nifty that hurts. Ellis should play you will find out tonight!

7. Nifty

Nifty Member

Cheers DC...

Definately hurts........If Ellis named, would you still cop the 2 Donuts???

8. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Nifty, Get rid of Boumann for Paine

9. Nifty

Nifty Member

Cheers Top Heavy..... it kills me doing trades this early... but, dont want 3-4 donuts either...

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Have weighed this one up in the thread, but worth putting here too. Really in two minds. Worries about losing games to those who don't have him, as well as rankings.

Keep Shaw:
    - not sideways trading a premium
    - Proven to be a premium defender in the past
    - Has his bye at a convenient time.

Trade Shaw:
    - As mentioned, “2 weeks” with this short-break may not be 2 rounds, it could very possible be 3 rounds. Does that change the situation?
    - Has been struggling this year already, last week looked better
    - Collingwood don’t seem to be the high scoring outfit they once were, however it is early days
    - Benching him means I have to field Morris and Ellis, one of which is on the extended bench so risk of a donut.
    - Can be seen as a correctional trade fix up.
    - Can go to Birchall or Carrots, both who are playing well.

It seems many would like to trade, but there are some sane voices out there saying to hold.
    I’m unsure what to do as trading him does has its merits as well. Trading players at this time (and getting it right) it what top players did last year to keep in distance of the leaders.

11. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

DT - Ditch. SC - Keep. There you go, simple!

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Why ditch in DT martyg?

13. trelada

trelada New Member

Anyone got their eyes on Shannon Hurn? Seems to be playing well and seems like he could be West Coasts "Shaw". Could pocket some cash from Shaw and hit up a player in good form that seems likely to rise in price in the coming weeks. Only downfall is West coast do have Hawthorn this week so it could be a tough night for their defence. What do you guys think is an option?

14. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

I'm really tempted to trade Shaw to Marty Clarke to cover the Donut and also catch a resonable cash wave till Shaw comes back. Might make me 120-130k if Shaw ends up out for 3 rounds.

15. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

traded him out for carrazzo to avoid a donut. dont think its bad as ive be lucky with minimal trades thus far and think carrots might ave more in the long run anyway...now sure how the byes afect me now though as i have scotland too back there with goddard lids lake. have i got it right??!!

16. Nifty

Nifty Member

With Birchall more than likely not playing, do you think Bouman(Listed as Emerg) will get a run, or will Bruce get the green light.......