Barlow

Discussion in 'AFL' started by damnfunky, Feb 21, 2012.

1. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

2. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Yeah, Barlow had a set back with his broken leg about a week ago after he felt pain in leg so his training schedule has reduced in a hope to give it more time to heal. I'll be steering clear.

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I reckon he will avg 115-120, I want him in as well. How much will his price have gone up come monday?

4. ABitWoofy

ABitWoofy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on April 21, 2012, 09:56
    I reckon he will avg 115-120, I want him in as well. How much will his price have gone up come monday?</blockquote>

His BE is 91 so will only go up &#36;4k to &#36;445k

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

alright thanks

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Perfect option for Fyfe me thinks...pending next week's update on his situation.

7. whips

whips New Member

My thoughts? Great to see him back to his best after such a gruesome injury.
    Unfortunately, no room in my team ATM but good luck to those who get him.

8. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I doubt he will average over 115. He has more competition from teammates now: Sandilands, Fyfe, Mzungu, Mundy, Pavlich, Broughton, Duffield, Ballantyne, Johnson, Hill etc.

History suggests only the top teams have 5 players average over 100, most have 3 or 4. So which Dockers will claim the points?

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I traded him in for Fyfe prior to this round. Happy with his ton, but hoped for more actually. Bit of a risk bringing him in. If he averages more than 115 from here on, itll be worth it, but anything less and I prob should have waited for a true elite to drop in value.
    But I think Barlow could get back to his best, and I wanted to bring him in while both sub affected games were in his 3game ave.

10. Moblets

Moblets New Member

I'm not convinced he will be good enough for M6 therefore really he is only being used as a cash cow. There are probably better rookie option cash cows. I'm staying away at this stage. I also have 3 mids (Ablett, Pendles and Watson) set for the round 12 bye so no point adding another to that group.

11. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Gaj is a rnd 13 bye, @Moblets.

12. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Think he can average 105-110 from here on. Traded him in for Fyfe this week and got a good score out of him, plus made &#36;85K on the deal. Happy with that - means I've traded in an M6 plus given myself cash to trade in another upgrade sooner than expected.

That's how I look at it - he's a good scorer, and the cash you get from a trade in is bonus.

Happy I didn't hold Fyfe. Too much up in the air there for me.

13. bigbrowndog

bigbrowndog New Member

Had him from the start and although he is doing OK now, his sub affected scores have meant he has not scored what I had hoped for him. I started with him as a POD, a possible M6 if his scores were strong enough but mostly I wanted some solid scoring from him early while while rookies were filling half my 3-1-4 midfield and I thought he stacked up better than other mid pricers I was looking at for that slot. He hasn't been better than Masten, Ebert or Lenny so far but I hope he can deliver solid 110's.

He still doesn't look right yet either, looks like he is dragging his ass around a bit at the moment so I hope he can get better.

Having said that, he might be a candidate for some rest time soon too.

14. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Xenomorph on April 21, 2012, 12:52
    Gaj is a rnd 13 bye, @Moblets.</blockquote>

Sorry I meant Selwood, Pendles and Watson

15. jb

jb New Member

Spot on anthak & chris88. You can rest assured he will be the best 450k spent this year imo. Maybe he wont be the 6th highest mid come yrs end but I would doubt many will have 1-6 & all other lines filled.

Friday night in a tough bitter match he was 91sc at 3qtr time, on his way to a confortable 115+. Few errors in the last were punished severely by the sc 'guru' scorers even tho freo won with his huge big help.
    Reckon he is at about 85-90&#37; capacity presently & goin up every game.

Im hoping more than anyone Avatar's injury doesnt stop him playing well and scoring high but he is waaay more riskier than Barlow at the mo.

Anyway each to their own, risk=reward & my thoughts are probably bias.

16. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

jb - I thought he was very harshly dealt with in the last quarter as well. Couldn't believe that he only gained 9 points from 3/4time ... reckon he earned about 110-115 overall. But the weighting of the late game efforts hurt him hugely.

That said, behind Ablett he was around my second best midfielder this week. Pridis just topped the ton too, Boys and NDS had spuddy days.

I'll take him at M6 for his price and concentrate on filling other lines in the coming weeks.

17. gogonz

gogonz New Member

best &#36;400k midfielder this year....

18. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

Bit rich with the "best &#36;400k midfielder" this year, what about the following:

Lenny Hayes - average 104p
    Liam Anthony - average 104p

or better still

Brad Ebbert - average 108p for under &#36;400k

19. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from benstar94 on April 24, 2012, 09:19
    Bit rich with the "best &#36;400k midfielder" this year, what about the following:

Lenny Hayes - average 104p
    Liam Anthony - average 104p

or better still

Brad Ebbert - average 108p for under &#36;400k</blockquote>

All well & good... But Barlow is just warming up..... He'll go bang again this year I reckon. Top 5 mids is my prediction. Hard to see those other three doing that. 115+ average I'm expecting.

20. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

Lenny Hayes has already had a mid 120's score, my bet is he is coming back into his best