What players do you think are over-rated?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Credmi, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Credmi

Credmi New Member

There's a lot of players who are people's favorites & seem to be forgiven for any flaws they have in their gamestyle, so this thread is dedicated to them.
    I know a lot of people love to be given thumbs up to their comments, but this thread is for people, like myself, who aren't fazed by such trivial accolades. People, who are willing to say what is on their mind, whether others agree or not.
    My number 1 over-rated player at the moment is Jarryd Roughead, who at the start of this round was $550,000. WTF!! For $550,000, I would expect to be getting a player who has, year in and year out, scored an average of 120-125 pts per game. But instead for that cash what can you get?
    - A player returning from an injury that Pat Cash never recovered from.
    - A player who can't kick for goal to save his mother's life.
    - A player who has had less than a handful of good games playing as a pinch hitting ruckman.
    - A player who over his career, would probably only be averaging around 65-70 pts per game.
    What a bargain!!!
    So who are the players you think are over-priced/rated??

2. Credmi

Credmi New Member

Probably too harsh on his career average SC pts, probabaly more likely 70-80

3. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Well not really looking at SC but here we go:

Jake Bachelor!! All the hype from Richmond on this guy he is the next big thing. I think the number 11 sits well with him because he is just as soft as Joel Bowden was.

Special mentions too Alex Rance, Michael Osborne, Bernie Vince, Ryan Hargrave and Colin Sylvia.

4. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Well somebody is pissed at Roughead...not sure what he did to you.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Credmi on April 22, 2012, 13:34
    WTF!! For &#36;550,000, I would expect to be getting a player who has, year in and year out, scored an average of 120-125 pts per game. </blockquote>

&#36;550k pre-season was almost exactly equivalent to 100 points per game. You clearly don't understand how SuperCoach works if you think &#36;550k equates to 120-125 ppg.

6. vc_bombers

vc_bombers New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on April 22, 2012, 19:50
    <blockquote>Quote from Credmi on April 22, 2012, 13:34
    WTF!! For &#36;550,000, I would expect to be getting a player who has, year in and year out, scored an average of 120-125 pts per game. </blockquote>

&#36;550k pre-season was almost exactly equivalent to 100 points per game. You clearly don't understand how SuperCoach works if you think &#36;550k equates to 120-125 ppg.</blockquote>

+1

You need to remember that the price was based on last year's average, and he was killing it. The years before that have nothing to do with it. If you expect to get 120ppg for &#36;550,000 at the start of the year, you're dreaming.

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Very harsh on roughhead...

8. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

But Dustin Martin

9. Oodles

Oodles New Member

Brent Stanton Essendon supporters? Anyone?

10. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Not Ryan Hargrave who just scored me 110 Points!! I love that man.

11. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Not having achieved the ultimate level I'm not in a position to consider any of the 800 odd players on AFL lists overrated.

12. whips

whips New Member

Agree Pie Raider. Happy to bag their SC scoring as a bit of fun but any player we watch on the weekend is a winner.

13. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

@whips Except for cameron bruce.

14. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

@whips Except for cameron bruce.

15. nick1112

nick1112 New Member

Yarran. Had him all last season and enjoyed his price rise. But at 470k I stayed away and won't look back.

Zaharakis. Looks like teams have discovered he cannot shake a tag, and he hasn't been able to impact on games.

Pavlich. Like N Riewoldt last year, Pav is being used as a fwd and isn't enjoying the freedom of the midfield like last year. I selected him instead of Fyfe, has saved me a trade but paid about 100k too much for him. Hard to seem him averaging over 100 with so many Freo players scoring well

Dale Thomas (inj). Had him from round one last year, imo was one of the biggest PODs of 2011 (back to back 150s were insane). This year has been a disaster so far

J Riewoldt. would score a lot more if the delivery was better!

16. Credmi

Credmi New Member

@ Jason +1
    Probably should have double checked my magic number calculations, if I had, I would have realised that two of the 1,000 beads on my abacus had stuck together & I had read it as 4,500 instead of 5,500. Still currently in the top 3&#37; of SCers & finished last year in the top .5-1&#37; (1750ish overall), so have some idea of how SC works.

Roughy is just one of "those" players for me & make no apologies for putting his name forward. There's heaps of others too, Brad Miller, Zac Dawson, Dan Rich etc. As well as a few others have mentioned e.g. Yarran, Bruce & Pav (although I think his coaches are more to blame than him).

17. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

People rate Miller and Dawson?

18. Credmi

Credmi New Member

They get games, so someone must, lol

19. weazel

weazel Member

20. Tango

Tango New Member

<blockquote>Quote from weazel on April 23, 2012, 20:05
    kosi</blockquote>

I think the days of Kosi being overrated were best left in 2009. Now nobody rates him :D.

My contribution is Tom Scully.