Who to trade for Fyfe?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jesters, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Credmi

Credmi New Member

I posted this in Best Buys, but it's relevent to this thread too.
    Any love out there for Tom Hawkins? He has a BE of 14 & an average of 105 (admittedly due to his massive game against the Hawks).
    But this year with Mooney gone & an impressive finals series under his belt, his confidence & self-belief seem high. He now has more freedom up forward & looks set to finally reach the massive potential he has only shown glimpses of in the past.
    Since he is only in 11% of teams, he could be a possible POD solution to the Fyfe dilemma. Thoughts??

2. snoz

snoz Moderator

Credmi.....no.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Credmi.....perhaps.

I have had him in DT for a while. Happy so far, given the paucity of forward options and doubts over Rioli, Gray, etc. The only other one on the up would seem to be NRoo.

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

It'll take a brave man to trade in that bloke. I'd only contemplate it if he starts backing up his gf and hawks performance week in/week out.

edit: same goes for Tippett

5. Credmi

Credmi New Member

Copy & paste my comment from Best Buys, I can't be stuffed typing it again, lol.

6. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

What are the thoughts considering a sideways trade for M.Robinson. Gets plenty of the ball and is showing good signs this year..

7. AdelaideEagle

AdelaideEagle New Member

@TerryinBangkok

Paucity = triple word score.

8. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Fyfe, Lyon set for Saints

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133454/default.aspx

9. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

If Fyfe plays and we keep him then there is that chance of an injury and him being out for the season but to a certain extent every week there is an injury risk for any player, eg J.Selwood seems to me to playing on a knife edge.
    So if Fyfe plays I'm leaning towards keeping him and save/use the trade on a LTI when there is absolutely no choice.

10. jb

jb New Member

Not every player has a shoulder waiting to fall out tho...
    This sort of decision doesnt really fit into any of the sc golden rules.
    Undecided...still

11. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

Fyfe has been named in the team as an onballer......seems his second opinion in Melbourne must have been good

12. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have also put this up in the teams round 4 comments...but I'll put it here too.

Could be crazy but I'm chasing a top 500 finish so need to do something different!

Got 75k left so thinking of Fyfe->Stanley and Shaw->Goddard

I know that sounds crazy but it may be necessary to be able to stay close to the pack this week (I have Dempsey/Shaw/Lake). Then with my 285k leftover after these trades, I can get a premium mid in (Pendles) after round 5 and also can turn Hale into Cox in round 6 with a Redden->Longer downgrade.

Thoughts? I'm only 50/50 doing this...more than likely hitting 'reverse' before lockout, just would like some opinions first :)

13. obleex

obleex New Member

If I can go this week without copping a 0 (albeit playing Hall, Milera, D.Smith, Fyfe, Morris and Ellis), should I?

14. G-Train

G-Train Member

That's the thing obleex. I have traded both Fyfe and Shaw out as I cannot rely on Ellis on ground, plus if Fyfe is late scratch I am also relying on Dickson.
    Also Ellis and Dickson are currently on extended benches and may not play.
    Forced trades to stay near top as Smedts and Lake are also out.

15. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

OK so Fyfe's late Withdrawal and Dickson not making it onto the park meant I ate my first doughnut for the year.
    Question now is, is it worth giving him the flick (not just out of spite!)?
    Him being named this week scares me more than anything else, have a bad feeling it will end in a worst case scenario, i.e. he cops the Sub or a low score or re injury and bleeds cash before needing to be traded next week!
    I know it sounds crazy but I’m almost hoping to hear he needs the surgery as it would be simple decision then, would trade him now while he is still worth something! (down to Treloar and get Murphy into the mids)
    Anyone else thinking the same?

16. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I'm thinking the same...it's too big of a risk to keep him...plus he was only averaging 80+ before he got injured so was not in good form anyway = longer time to get back into form.

I'm getting Barlow in and I have Dickson too...he's going for Treloar

17. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I ate a couple of donuts this week with Fyfe out and Dickson and Goodes on the bench, plus Mummy in the ruck and Redden and the Big O on the bench. It's cost me two losses out of 3 leagues.

My big deliberations this week are on Fyfe and Mummy - and whilst I value keeping my trades, I also value collecting SC points and I'm thinking Mummy is a fortnightly proposition at the moment and I agree with you @22nd_best i'm concerned on what they might do to manage Fyfe.

At this stage, I'm leaning towards trading out both. Two sideways trades in Mummy to Sandi and Fyfe to Lewis. But really hate trading sideways.

18. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I hung onto Fyfe this week. Would ideally bring in Rusty for him but the partial lockout has screwed that up :(