Dustin Martin - to have and to hold or sign the divorce papers?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Gary78, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Gary78

Gary78 New Member

Really thought Neck Tatts was going to step it up a level this year and hit premium status. Showed a fair bit in pre-season, but so far he's had pretty sub-par SC performances.

After beginning the year at $536,200 he has put in scores of 89, 68, 70 and 79, seeing him shed $79,900 in value with a break-even this week of 130 which on current form, seems very unlikely to hit. If he hits his average, he will drop another $24k

I'm not the Lone Ranger in this position (a whopping 33.6% of teams still have him) but the marriage is on extremly thin ice and I'm very close to signing the divorce papers on this bloke.

Whats everybody else's plan with him? I'm thinking sideways to Tippett is looking nice and juicy personally.

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I'm just so lucky that we never even went on a first date....

3. Gary78

Gary78 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from choppers on April 23, 2012, 14:59
    I'm just so lucky that we never even went on a first date....
    </blockquote>

Probably sound advice for anybody with neck tatts, either in SuperCoach or the real world.

4. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Dustin Martin's the least of my worries at the moment with so many others getting injured or suspended. I thought he played pretty well yesterday against the cats and was a little surprised his score wasnt a bit higher as i think he had 91DT. I'd say keep for now, reckon he'll come good.

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Same with me Senator, I'm just trying to avoid donuts this week, so my team selection criteria has become: if named, i keep them.

6. Turbs

Turbs New Member

I had two donuts now gaj out this week ... Ouch

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Least of your problems if he's the biggest issue.

8. ormos

ormos New Member

Martin trade would be a luxury atm, dont forgot all the trade you will burn upgrading and across the byes. Can you really afford a sideways trade when there is nothing wrong with him besides a bit of poor form?

9. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

He has been toying with having a big game several times this year but hasn't quite got there. He had about 75 SC points at 3 qtr time on the weekend and just switched off in the last. If he can put in a 4 quarter effort he will start scoring over 100.

I'm confident he can turn it around, otherwise I will go down with his ship like i did on the HMAS Riewoldt last year.

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

If you haven't gotten rid of Martin by now then there is no point, he's pretty much lost the majority of his value and you'll be getting rid of him at his low point.

11. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

Keep Dusty! Going thru a flat patch but will be in best 7 forwards come August so if you want to win finals, keep him!!

Check out our website dedicated to SuperCoach and AFL betting.

www.aflaftermath.com.au

On this week's podcast we have Bluebloods, ranked #15th overall in SuperCoach. Don't miss it!

Cheers

The Wolf

12. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

Hey wolf, we understand that you have a new site, don't need to see it on every single thread.

13. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Hey Wolfie, so Bluebloods would more than likely have a midprice team. We here are GNR disciples until death (and it looks that way this season with GAJ and Sandi looking gone for a few week).

And that'll be &#36;50 for the forum ad. Donation to be made at the top of screen. If you can't then I'm sure Walesy will accept "money on the fridge"

:D

14. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Traded Dusty before 1st price change with every intention of bringing him back. 2 consecutive scores of 110+ and he's back in. Hard to see them happening in the near future though.

15. BigFozza

BigFozza New Member

i'll keep him and hope he averages 95ish for the season

16. dontpanic

dontpanic New Member

At his current price there aren't many great options with most forwards a bit down thus far. At least he has upside should he find form. He is also sure to fire up as soon as I trade him out

17. Gary78

Gary78 New Member

Great feedback guys. I think this was more just an outlet to vent rather than there being any real danger of trading him. It's not like there's a bunch of standout forwards waiting to take his place.

18. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Gary78 on April 23, 2012, 14:42
    I'm not the Lone Ranger in this position (a whopping 33.6&#37; of teams still have him) but the marriage is on extremly thin ice and I'm very close to signing the divorce papers on this bloke.

Whats everybody else's plan with him? I'm thinking sideways to Tippett is looking nice and juicy personally.</blockquote>

Gary , whatever you do, not that. This may be Tippett's year but he's burnt heaps of us in the past and is more than likely to do it again.

Keep the faith with Martin. He was priced as a premium due to a great 2011 but is still only a kid.

You'll get inconsistency from him for another couple of years I'd reckon.