Ablett out 1-3 weeks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 23, 2012.

1. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Are you sure you should be on the internet Jason? You might accidently stumble across a site showing naked ladies and get all offended and/or freaked out. Let it go my friend, it was merely a bad joke about North Melbourne, you don't even support them and the North supporter didn't even get offended, it's time to move on.

2. graeme

graeme Guest

retaining GAJ does allow one to leave the C on him and VC young master Pendlebury. It's nice to not have to make a final decision until later in the week when you are better informed about Pendlebury's score and any update on GAJ.

An recommended sites I should "stumble" across AA? In the interests of research of course ........

3. JamesNanks

JamesNanks New Member

Not one suggestion to sideways trade Ablett for Stanton, the clear cut 2nd best in the game, and also pocket a cool $120K???

Seems the obvious move to me.

4. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Do you really think Stanton is going to maintain this run? Only a matter of time before he gets the hard tag and he has proven he can't cope with it. As Lucas said the other day, opposition clubs should be tagging Stanton ahead of Watson as Stanton is the link player who can run the lines and deliver the ball. Teams should be going one on one with Watson.

Ablett to Murphy is the only trade to consider if you are going to get rid of the him.

5. The_General

The_General Member

Ablett to Selwood and C. Smith to Rocliff. Yay or Nay?

It does mean I miss both Treloar and JMac!

6. JM

JM Member

Haha damn Supercoach-Jumkie I hit 4 outa 5 there, didn't have Mumford.

I think if you are going for league win you just have to sit the son of God on the bench.

7. JamesNanks

JamesNanks New Member

@Steve

Any player copping a hard tag can be taken out of a game (except perhaps Ablett), if Pendlebury can be shut right down, there's no sure things, but Stanton is at the peak of his powers and will keep putting up big scores all year.

Furthermore, I already have Murphy & Pendlebury, so Stanton is the remaining logical selection.

8. 82asch

82asch New Member

Stanton is in ripping form but going sideways from Ablett is (pardon the pun) a knee jerk reaction that will cost you IMO. I think Stanton averaged 99 last year and is going along quite nicely at the moment but do you really see him maintaining that form all year? If Stanton can average 120+ for the rest of the season it is certainly worth considering the trade but it is very unlikely he will add 20-25 points to his average in one season. Additionally, if you can't get GAJ back in when he pumps out a 190 and Stanton goes 90 that's gonna hurt!

I'm not saying don't trade GAJ but a sideways that sees you lose him is not worth it IMO.

9. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Those with an itchy trade finger on Ablett should just trade him out in DT for someone like Mitchell who will average around the same as him. Can't risk losing him from SC where that 190 score is more than possible if he can return in time to take on the GWS.