Anzac day teams (& best buys)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by jprockbelly, Apr 25, 2012.

1. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

Ok, so I'm sweating bullets here.

Does anyone know when we can expect the team sheet for tomorrow's clash? Also will we get a best buys article before then? I have Sandi, Fyfe, Robbie Gray and GAJ and desperatly need to make some wise trades this week :)

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I think it's going to be rolling lockout.
    So put Pendles vc relax and worry about Friday's decisions then.

3. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

Teams need to be submitted to the AFL by 5pm, but expect changes to those as the two sides sweat on fitness.

4. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Keep in mind, trades cannot be reversed after tomorrow's game due to partial lockout.

So if have made some tentatively trades and are waiting for Friday's teamsheets before finalising them, beware you may not be able to change them.

5. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Make sure you check the final teams about an hour before the game as hirdys flagged the possibility of there being a late change or two from whatever gets named tonight depending on how some of the sore players pull up etc.

The only players you need to worry about are the ones you have from essendon and collingwood all the others can be done friday.

@the swert im wondering how many people that is going to trip over even though it does say it pretty clearly when you go to your team. people that trade in anger sunday night/monday morning might not realize until friday that it cant be undone.

6. graeme

graeme Guest

"trade in anger" Senator? Perish the thought, as it can mean you repent at leisure and munch on donuts.

7. Seabass

Seabass New Member

As has been discussed in previous topics, Robbie Gray to Sidebottom sounds like a plan to me - I'm tossing up between Sidebottom, Clancee Pearce and Dahlhaus, but I'm expecting Rusty to have more consistency over the course of the season points-wise.

8. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

He looked great on the weekend. Gray to Rusty is straight forward as he's out for the season. That's all I would do until Friday

9. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I'm sitting on Fyfe and would go straight to Rusty but waiting for the teamsheets on Friday before executing that one.

10. Chicko

Chicko New Member

apologies should add - that would be executed next week.

11. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

What I'm worried about is having donuts on multiple lines. Would hate to (for example) trade Gray and cover for Gaz, then find out that Birchall and Fyfe will both miss. Or that my GWS rookies won't get named leaving no cover.

Not much I can do about it I guess.

12. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Quite a valid concern there JP, especially with all of the team selection silly buggers going on last week! If you don't have your heart set on an Essendon/Collingwood player to absolutely positively put in this week, save yourself the stress mate and wait till Friday to make the decisions. As Lucas said, it's a rolling lockout this week.

Though if you're anything like me with Supercoach you'll still stress about it till Friday regardless :)

13. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Bombers pulled a few from Bendigo’s match on Saturday,
    Reimers, Slattery, Davis, Steinberg & Baguley.
    Dempsey & Colyer may be chances too.

Hirdy says -
    "We haven't confirmed our team.
    We'll put as good a team as we can in at five o'clock.
    But there'll probably be some guys who we will wait and see tomorrow morning with how their soreness pulls up, just to give them that extra time"

Hird nominated 3 players who could replace those with sore bodies, Carlisle, Dempsey & Colyer.

For the Pies, They dragged none from reserves, Didak put in a ripper, but if they include him there'll be no extra days rest advantage.

Finding it hard to believe pies lack such foresight & expect Daisy & Shaw's injuries to be just a ruse & reckon they were set for anzac return all along.

14. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Seabass on April 24, 2012, 16:12
    save yourself the stress mate </blockquote>

ha ha, great advice although I'm not sure I'm able to :D

15. Seabass

Seabass New Member

I hope they give Dempsey another game off, even though he's in my SC team - if they were playing it safe with him not playing against Carlton why not give him an extra 11 days (from the Carlton game) to recover and make sure he's cherry ripe.

16. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Dempsey was initially listed v blues on saturday & was a late withdrawal,
    indicates he was just about right but they perhaps thought it safest to give him that extra 4 days & keep him fresh for the pies.

17. Credmi

Credmi New Member

One query I have: Can you make a Ess/Coll trade that will be irreversible & use your other trade after that match has been played? Or will you not be able to make any more trades for the rnd?
    The mighty Credmi Carnivores aren't planning on recruiting any Pies or Dons, but there maybe a few teams who are & would like this clarified b4 tomorrow's match. Does anyone know the answer to this question??

18. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Good point Fidel - but with the conflicting reports coming out of Essendon during the week (pretty sure even a couple of days ago they said Dempsey would miss again along with Lovett-Murray) to me that suggests a more cautious approach at the end of the day. Also with it most likely being a wet weather game tomorrow I'm not sure if that will negate his natural pace and they might go the extra inside player?

19. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

You can make whatever trades you want after the Anzac day match,
    but any trades made before then, regardless of if they involved pies/bombers or not,
    cannot later be reversed,
    so best advice is don't do any trades at all until just before friday night's match.
    VC Pendles or Watson if you have them though.

20. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

@Seabass,
    Pies also ruled out Shaw and Daisy for anzac, just like bombers publicly ruled out Dempsey & Colyer,
    don't be surprised if it all turns out to be smoke & mirrors though...

Was Priddis really injured when he was left out of Eagles match v GWS?
    or was he really just rested to give em a fresh gun v Hawks the following round?