Potential Cash Cows - Post Round 3

Discussion in 'AFL' started by benstar94, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

@benstar - definitely hold steady. The only reason to trade a rookie at this stage is if they are injured, not getting a game or simply not scoring when they do get a game. Clay Smith is on the way out for me this week under some exceptional circumstances, however, I wouldn't dream of touching the other 13 cows I have until their price peaks. Check the stats section to work out your trade timing in relation to this...

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from SC_Dave on April 19, 2012, 17:35
    Looks good for a Power victory, hey Bear. </blockquote>

Would have been much more confident if Jacobs had been dropped instead of Matt Thomas, and also with Redden there - Renouf only had a good last 45 minutes for Norwood last week, in the first half he was getting smashed by the Port Maggies rucks.
    And how the hell Pfieffer gets picked ahead of Rodan is absolute garbage - some of Primus's selections are mystifying, he had the chance to pick a team who could beat the filth yet he undermines the good performers by selecting garbage!!!

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on April 20, 2012, 00:15
    <blockquote>Quote from SC_Dave on April 19, 2012, 17:35
    Looks good for a Power victory, hey Bear. </blockquote>

Would have been much more confident if Jacobs had been dropped instead of Matt Thomas, and also with Redden there - Renouf only had a good last 45 minutes for Norwood last week, in the first half he was getting smashed by the Port Maggies rucks.
    And how the hell Pfieffer gets picked ahead of Rodan is absolute garbage - some of Primus's selections are mystifying, he had the chance to pick a team who could beat the filth yet he undermines the good performers by selecting garbage!!!</blockquote>

Probably going to be best for all of us trying to get an insight into Port if you start speaking your mind and stop holding back like that Bear :p

4. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

Miles has been named in the GWS team, though im sure he will be scrapped pre-game....may get a game in the near distant future

5. jibba

jibba Member

Dell'O will definitely be the sub this game, wouldn't consider him an option at all unless Essendon has a couple of soft tissue injuries over the next week.

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Aaron Cornelius ? @AceCornelius

Be great to see DAYNE Zorko run around for his first game for the lions this weekend.

7. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

Miles had a good game for GWS on the weekend, will be interesting to see in he in named for this weekends game.....if so may be on the bubble for round 6

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on April 24, 2012, 09:51
    Aaron Cornelius ? @AceCornelius

Be great to see DAYNE Zorko run around for his first game for the lions this weekend.</blockquote>

This is GREAT news! Been waiting for this guy. Perfect downgrade for D.Smith or A.Kennedy.

And if Magnet continues to get tagging roles he will be great to downgrade into Miles. At the start of the year he was the talk of the town along with Shiel as being one of the best midfield options at the Giants. Good to see him play finally!

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Seems like GWS rookies are still the most valuable, with many other teams' rookies getting the vest and mooing much slower. However this could be offset by GWS's rotation policy that is hitting us all now (Greene!).

Makes me think trading into (another!) GWS rookie in Treloar isn't too bad...

10. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

This GnR strategy is not easy. I thought it was vitally important to keep getting the best cash cows asap to improve my team or just get left behind....but all I seem to be doing is chasing my tail.
    Round 3 traded in C.Smith and Greene, which now seems problematical.

So the question is, given the importance of the cash verses the trades is it wise to burn two trades this round chasing Jmac and Treloar, who seem streets ahead of other rookies who are in the pipeline when it comes to cash generation, or just sit tight on Smith and say Kennedy and watch JMac and Treloar sail away?

11. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Ran into similar situation last yr. my answer: Hedge ur bet and get one only, u feel like ur winning this wk by saving a trade, then u feel like ur winning when the cash cow appreciates, that being said it meant I grabbed Libya (dogs) and missed curnow (blues)

12. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

Ramked 400 overall, dont know if I should keep Ablett ot not....

13. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Cow slaughtering is illegal

14. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Hey Junkie, that is the question isnt it?! Doing my head in!

Nothing wrong with some slow mooing from a couple of guys as we can only upgrade 2 a round, so you dont want them all skyrocketing to 250k (about as good as we will get this year apart from maybe Giles and Stanley?) and be left with an upgrade Dilemna.

I think Clay Smith might be worth keeping he might get some more games and moo another 60-100k and also moo slower than the others, I mean he scored a 4 goal 100 game cant have been a total fluke can it?

Ledger is my problem child .. and with the little master out I have a doughnut unless I make a move, so he might go to Treloar. Reports that he has attitude and got dropped to the VFL sound ominous to me.

So as 22nd said, maybe keep one and cull the other?

For me its keep Clay and cull Ledger.

15. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

<blockquote>Quote from TheOnion on April 24, 2012, 21:32
    Cow slaughtering is illegal</blockquote>

Thats cause their still just calves :) and what you say is good advice but some calves just won't respond even to hormones or forced feeding....mmm this is sounding yuckie!!!

Maybe good advice above to hedge bets and trade for 1 premium rookie and cross fingers the right one.

Shame about Ledger and agree he should go, but from what I've read we'll all have the Ledge back in our teams at some point....apparently there's a bit of Magner in him, he just can't get on the paddock to show it.

I'm thinking picking the right rookie is just as hard as picking the right breakout midpricer from the beginning.

Thanks, good luck.

16. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Junkie & Jim
    Count how many nerds you will need to trade out of ur team, and how many upgrades you have to do.
    Roughly 2 trades per upgrade, if u have under 4 trades left for LTI then your balls are on the line by sidwayzing rookies. And when did beef production become illegal?

17. Chicko

Chicko New Member

Its the hardest part of this game - chasing Rookies. I traded into Greene from Ledger and was happy with that till last week! On OldMac, I'm in a dilemma as well. Do I trade Coniglio for OldMac, bank &#36;111k and then bet on him rising faster than Coniglio. I'm leaning this way but mindful of burning trades. I've used 2 fix-up trades over the last two weeks. At the same time, I still have the dilemma with Mummy and Fyfe - so waiting till Friday.

18. Just as a side note I think if most of your cash-cow choices don't hit 300k then they're probably not the right ones. On current averages there should be at least 10 rookies at 300k or so after the next three rounds

19. Also on that, take Steven Morris as an example:

RIC DEF starting price of 113.2k average over first 4 games 62ppg.
    Current price 211.8k predicted price at round 8 285k.

62 is a solid but not particularly impressive average for a rookie, so a decent amount of other rookies, GWS etc, will average more than that and get close to 350

20. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Whats Morris's last 3 game average though? Once that shocking couple weeks go out his system it should see him hit 300-350K soon.