Vice Captain loophole - round 5 (Ess v Pies)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by DC, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Marcus45

Marcus45 New Member

Got swans 180 as VC. Assuming all my other players are selected or an emergency, my concern is if it's worth putting the C on an emergency player thus running the risk of my emergency being a late inclusion.

Guessing I'll just have to risk it..

2. powerpete

powerpete New Member

big risk there i reckon marcus.

if you put the C on an emergency, and he plays, the likelihood is he will be a sub or not get much ground time, then his score will be low (say 40pts.) doubled gives you 80 for your capt. yuck.

just have to check the team sheets carefully and any injured players that are named and could be late withdrawals?

which players are your options ?

3. powerpete

powerpete New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Marcus45 on April 25, 2012, 20:54
    Got swans 180 as VC. Assuming all my other players are selected or an emergency, my concern is if it's worth putting the C on an emergency player thus running the risk of my emergency being a late inclusion.

Guessing I'll just have to risk it..</blockquote>

maybe just take the 180 on swan, go with another good captain choice, depending who is in your team?

4. Corks

Corks Member

Once again Ablett retains his perma-captain status. Pendles 140 is enough for me to put the C back on GAJ this week :D

5. powerpete

powerpete New Member

isnt ablett out injured?

6. powerpete

powerpete New Member

and this loophole thing better work because it feels wrong putting goddard on the bench as an emergency !

7. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote>Quote from powerpete on April 25, 2012, 21:39
    isnt ablett out injured?
    </blockquote>

That's Corks point,
    with the big C on the non playing master, Pendlebury becomes the captain.

8. Marcus45

Marcus45 New Member

Assuming everyone is selected from last week and Redden and Stephenson come back in the only option would likely be Dickson. ( I have Ledger but will be trading for Macdonald).

I'm thinking i take the risk. Worst case, Dickson is a late inclusion and scores 20 points. Assuming my other captain would of scored 120 then I've lost 100 points in my efforts to gain the extra 60 (180-120). I'd say only a 5&#37; chance of a late inclusion, so as a betting man it's probably a worthwhile risk/reward situation.

On top of that I'm about 400 off the leader so I've pretty much decided to have a crack over these next 2-3 weeks to try and get myself in the frame, so these are the sort of things you need to get lucky with

9. powerpete

powerpete New Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on April 26, 2012, 01:08
    <blockquote>Quote from powerpete on April 25, 2012, 21:39
    isnt ablett out injured?
    </blockquote>

That's Corks point,
    with the big C on the non playing master, Pendlebury becomes the captain.</blockquote>

Yeah, sorry fidel my bad.
    can you tell im a newbie ???
    cheers. :)

10. powerpete

powerpete New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Marcus45 on April 26, 2012, 06:38
    Assuming everyone is selected from last week and Redden and Stephenson come back in the only option would likely be Dickson. ( I have Ledger but will be trading for Macdonald).

I'm thinking i take the risk. Worst case, Dickson is a late inclusion and scores 20 points. Assuming my other captain would of scored 120 then I've lost 100 points in my efforts to gain the extra 60 (180-120). I'd say only a 5&#37; chance of a late inclusion, so as a betting man it's probably a worthwhile risk/reward situation.

On top of that I'm about 400 off the leader so I've pretty much decided to have a crack over these next 2-3 weeks to try and get myself in the frame, so these are the sort of things you need to get lucky with
    </blockquote>

Nice work marcus, 400th!

Fwiw, Redden plays on sunday we wont know final lineups till after lockout.
    he is also a chance to play this week

Stephenson? or dickson? doggies playing gws, they may give a young player like
    dickson a run?

Good luck

11. Marcus45

Marcus45 New Member

Should have said 400 points off, so 1000th place, so still close enough, but gotta take some risks and get lucky over these next few weeks.

Noticed rain is forecast for Brisbane on Saturday, so fair chance Big O may not get selected anyway. Although I have sandi as well so that mightn't be a good thing..haha.

Guess I just wait till teams tonight