What players do you think are over-rated?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Credmi, Apr 22, 2012.

1. megwatt

megwatt New Member

<blockquote>Quote from hawks2008 on April 22, 2012, 21:03
    @whips Except for cameron bruce.</blockquote>

He did a job on Hurn last week for you blokes. 13 seasons of league footy. Club captain, won a club b&f and has played nearly 250 games. Throw in representing this great country a couple of times. Would've come close to winning the brownlow in 2005 had he not got injured- he was in rare form. Never quite got back to that form after the injury which was a shame, yet was still a great player. Brent Guerra to thank from memory. I always found him to be under-rated.

my contribution is Nick Maxwell.

2. BigLance

BigLance New Member

In 30 seconds of research i can tell you Roughy has averaged 80.4 over the last 5 years and 86 over the last 4, and there is no way you should be paying 550k for him, maybe drop 100 off and then start to think about it. The only reason anyone would consider him at the moment for his price would be his scores before he got injured last year. From rnd 5 to rnd 11 2011 this is what he scored 109, 115, 126, 121, 118, 133. And thats the reason he is priced so high starting this year.

My overrated players atm include Geary, Whitecross, Dempsey, Conca, Crameri, Waite, Tippett, Stanton.

3. The_General

The_General Member

Hodge closely followed by Maxwell. Let the controversy begin!

4. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Can't believe Higgins hasn't come to the table... a SC 'mare if there was ever one

5. powerpete

powerpete New Member

I certainly dont "over-rate" these players, they are all great players, but in my sc team
    they have lost the following &#36;&#36;&#36; amounts. Thoughts?

Gibbs &#36;47k
    Swan &#36;64k
    Cox &#36;84k
    Pav &#36;74k
    Martin &#36;80k
    Kruezer &#36;15

6. PinkBatts

PinkBatts New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Moblets on April 22, 2012, 14:38
    Well not really looking at SC but here we go:

Jake Bachelor!! All the hype from Richmond on this guy he is the next big thing. I think the number 11 sits well with him because he is just as soft as Joel Bowden was.

</blockquote>

Jake Ba[i]t[/i]chelor. That is his name... Remember him when you look at the night sky!

Really?? and not in a SC context? Just wanted to put it out there???

Obviously Jake's now going out with your ex. Personally, I haven't heard anything of the like coming out of Richmond. If you turn this into an exercise in throwing stones in the proverbial, Heppell would be more like Bowden, both good footballers, but not much of an appetite for the contested stuff. How many contested marks for Dyson this year? = 0. I also think Dyson may just over-rate himself just a touch also. If you don't think Rance has improved his game, you don't watch non- essendon games too closely.

[embed]http://youtu.be/iChzzY2Eb-0[/embed]

[embed]http://youtu.be/Sw9yiT6V8rk[/embed]

7. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>My overrated players atm include Geary</blockquote>

If Geary is so overrated then why did everybody jump from Broughton to Dempsey and ignore Geary?

From a SC perspective, I think overrated players are those owned by a lot of teams but are losing money without being injured - Martin, Swan, Pavlich, Cox, Chapman, Zaharakis

Underrated players are those performing well but not in many teams - Stanton, Rockliff, Kennedy (SYD), Harvey, NDS, Ward, Rance, M Johnson, S Thompson (NM), Crameri

8. Randy_al_Thor

Randy_al_Thor New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Oodles on April 22, 2012, 20:21
    Brent Stanton Essendon supporters? Anyone?</blockquote>

Nope underrated if anything, has been in top 5/10 DT/SC scoring over the past 4 years.

On field does not leave anything in the tank, gives his all. His run and carry and delivery into F50 is second to none. Please don't lump all Bombers supporters in the same gene pool as the muppets who boo'ed him or critique his every little mistake with "see I told you he'd stuff up eventually".

9. Credmi

Credmi New Member

Some interesting names put out there, congrats. Special mention to The_General, I disagree on the the Hodge call, but you are obviously willing to put your head down, bum up & go for the ball, no matter who is bearing down on you, so hats off to you!!
    The one I most agree with is Tom scully, he must be laughing all the way to the bank. Still looks to be a boy playing against men. I suspect the only reason he was Melbourne's number 1 pick was to try to build up his confidence, Trengove was & is clearly a better player.

10. Tino

Tino Member

Names I didn't see (both in SC and real world):

Jack Riewoldt - so much promise, so much disappointment.

Tex Walker - speaks for itself.

David Myers - high draft pick, huge wraps, perma-injured.

11. frozensage

frozensage New Member

franklin
    kozzy
    the whole richmond team minus lid