James Magner - To early to cull?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 26, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

The one I'm tempted to cull this week is Magner. Has had role change and is now tagging players and his scoring has dropped dramatically. Do people think he can go back to 90+ or is the 60-70 ave bout his max now? Think at current ave he only has $30K left in him, is it worth downgrading him to Treloar this week and pocket the 100K or whatever it is?

Would allow me to upgrade to Pendles next week so going to have to cull someone then anyway & doesn't really look like much is on offer next week in terms of rookies on bubble.

2. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Not sure if Magner's role has changed, could be wrong though. He was given the job on Boyd on the weekend to see how the gun midfielders work at stoppages and what there running patterns are like(No doubt Neeld wanted to give him a learning experience on one of the best). He was still able to dish out a 60 odd from only 15 or so disposals which is well down on what he got during the NAB Cup and first two rounds of the year(Was getting between 25-35). He scored only 60 odd against Richmond too from memory(Rd3). Did he do a tagging job against the Tigers? I was told that he got tagged? Which could be the reason behind why he went to Boyd on the weekend, to learn how to cope with it

3. turbo

turbo New Member

Miles will be on the bubble next week SKT. Take Magner's price rise this week, see what role he plays, then downgrade him or someone else to Miles next week and get Pendles then.

4. Turbs

Turbs New Member

<blockquote>Quote from turbo on April 26, 2012, 11:58
    Miles will be on the bubble next week SKT. Take Magner's price rise this week, see what role he plays, then downgrade him or someone else to Miles next week and get Pendles then.</blockquote>

Im liking this option ... gives me an early sneeky upgrade in leagues to a gun midfielder thinking swanny atm which im desperately needing

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Too early to move Magner on. At least one more price rise, depending on how he goes this weekend.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Correct turbo. Look at downgrade options.

Magner and co will all head to about the 300k range then need to be slaughtered in succession

Keeping an eye on the bye rounds while doing the downgrades isn't the worst move either.

7. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

I like the Magner > Miles option

Ideally I'd like another week out of him, but Miles is going to make more &#36;&#36; from here on in than Magner, so time to give him the chop and move on.

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

@STK, I like the "keep Magner"idea for this week. He has a BE of 13(SC)so should better that whether tagged or doing the tagging IMO and therefore another price rise. Pendles had a BE of 191 b4 yesterday and only scored 134 I think, so his price will drop.Check again next week and move accordingly.

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

However I do think that Magner on the bench is certainly a reasonable option this week.

10. jibba

jibba Member

Have fun with Magner to Miles guys, I'll take Shiel to Miles. Ensures I'm not loaded on GWS players

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Does Miles really have that good a job security? Dont think any of the guys likely to be on bubble next week do, or are massive sub candidates.

12. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Too early to move any of the cash cows to be honest, they mostly have at least one if not more price rises to attain.

13. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

I'm not worried about having too many GWS players as they are there to moo, not stay on the team the whole season.

14. silacious

silacious New Member

I am a bit worried about Magner, will probably bench him this week. have shiel, d smith ahead of him

15. turbo

turbo New Member

@SKT - he looked good when he came on and has raps - prob as good JS as anyone else given Sheedy's rotation policy. Obviously needs to be selected tonight.

@jibba - have a look at BEs and ticker come next week. The downgrade to Miles might be Magner, might be Shiel, might be someone else depending on the events of this weekend...

16. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Got shiels and miles already.

Don;t think I'll chop Magner. Got at least one more decent price rise in him.

17. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

What's the thoughts on Milera, Greene or Kennedy to Treloar this week? Their breakeven's are all in the + and Treloar is on the bubble. Could net some early cash and take it to the bank when a couple of the others rise over the next couple of weeks.

Mo.

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

So is Miles really that good option now he has been dropped!!

19. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

In answer to the question posed by the topic title: yes.

20. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

SKT, Miles is ORFFLy good. He will be back.