What to do with Wingard?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by toast, Apr 25, 2012.

1. toast

toast New Member

I might be asking the bleeding obvious here so just call me captain, but I am wondering what you think those with young Chad Wingard should do?

Seems to be coping the vest an awful amount, a high starting price and a salary that ain't really going anywhere. Scores thus far: 71, 41, 42 17.

Even if he returns to his Round 1 scoring he'll only be ready to cull mid season, so I can't even talk myself into him being an effective slow burner... or can I?

I can't see Gray's departure offering him a spot. So i'll trow it open to you guys. I have 21 trades remaining, all other rookies going OK. But I have a number of Giants already: Bugg, Tomlinson, Greene, Sheil, Giles, Smith and Kennedy. So a trade to Trealor or Old MacDonald might just be one cherry too many.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance, hoping I can't some pre-Anzac Day posters looking to impart some knowledge!

2. Ox

Ox New Member

I'm in the same boat, i'm keeping Gaz on the sidelines and thinking of doing 2 trades ( I too have 21 trades left.) for the cash both Wingard and Coniglio for Jmac and Trealor.

I feel it is a great opportunity for earning a potential $140k extra in a week which will mean a big difference mid season. All my other Rookies are earning money and getting games. Wingard may be wearing the vest on and off all season as his body matures. I also like Trealor as a F/M his options for saving a trade later is handy.

Great to get feedback.

3. toast

toast New Member

Thanks for the feedback Ox. I agree Chad could be vest bound all year depending on injuries. Sure a trade is spent, but bang in a week there is $150K in the pocket and a higher, faster capacity for earning to follow. I like Old Mac for the earning potential but Trealor for the DDP benefit. Moving Smith into the forwards last week to cover for Fyfe was god send.

Good luck, will be interested to hear what you end up doing.

Cheers.

4. Ox

Ox New Member

They have Wingard and Coniglio both listed on field and both have the potential to be permanent players. Will we score better with these cheaper players ready for large price increase. Trealor is light frame and Jmac aging against Boyd this week. So for me I decided to save the trades this week instead of going for cash! Gaz I reckon is only out for one hopefully so with a full team and no injuries other than Gaz I am taking the finger of the trigger.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Will be a very slow burner it seems. May continue to get games but may put you behind those with quickly fattening cows...

6. Rooster

Rooster New Member

I agree Nick. I got rid of him this week along with fyfe and picked up Treloar and Selwood. More reliable premium and big rising rookie.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I have him in Trading Games, and I'm keeping him and trading Hall. Would rather have someone playing than someone who is not. And he may stop getting vest and scoring well. He had big wraps preseason.

I think it's important to have treloar and The farmer this week. If you dont have them, I'd look to see if there's a way to bring them in. Don't do it for the sake of it, but Wingard offers a good opportunity to do it.