The Massive Mumford Mishap. What to do with him?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by nolanb13, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Chicko

Chicko New Member

@bjaensch - thanks mate, that's some outstanding work. Appreciate the numbers. Thinking I will def go Mummy into Nic Nat. Thanks again!

2. bradw

bradw New Member

Must trade Mummy out, but have you thought about rd11 bye, which is shared by nicnat and giles??

3. DBY

DBY New Member

Get rid of him.. can't afford to have a prem sitting on your bench for a month esp if you have gone a 1-3 ruck combo.

4. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Hmac looking like a more attractive replacement with Goldstein being subbed off last week and dropped for this week? If this continues there will surely be more points up for grabs for Hmac. Although, Nic Nat hasn't dropped below 100 yet and looks like the more consistent choice atm. I'll be picking one of these.

5. Tino

Tino Member

I got HMac as my R2 but I'm gonna hold Mummy for the moment. Giles is doing an OK job holding the fort and Ryder is the only other ruck I'd consider. Mummy will come good. Heard it here first.

6. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

I've got Kreuzer and Giles to cover Mummy. I'm sitting tight on Mummy right now, got other more important moves this week. Will hold him and see how the rucks look next week. HMAC will have a small price rise this week and Naitanui will probably decrease a little, so no great losses there.

Tempted to keep him as a POD, since Giles is doing great. The big drop in value will be the concern. You might be onto something Tino.

7. rbat

rbat New Member

I have Hale and Giles to cover Mumford however I have Ablett, Mumford & Shaw all on the bench this week. I'm loathe to actually replace Mumford with another mid as I already have Hale however the rookies besides Giles are not playing consistently. Any thoughts about getting another mid instead of premium? Ie: Hmac or perhaps Nic Nat but he is more premium priced.

8. bradw

bradw New Member

I like Hmac out of the choices above. Not too happy with him sharing the rd 11 bye with Giles, but I think he'll outscore Kreuz, and the extra $90 000 is a big saving from Nicnat.

9. silacious

silacious New Member

If you still have the burger would you trade him into Nic Nat? I already have Kruezer and Giles.

10. guesswork

guesswork Member

I've got Hmac & Giles so I think I will ride it out this week. Will probably keep him. My SC/DT are stuffed so it's leagues focussed now. Will save the trades and bring Gazza & Mummy off the bench when they back. Poss be POD?

11. sean

sean New Member

Any love for going to Roughhead?

12. rbat

rbat New Member

Not sure about Roughhead, his numbers haven't been that great. Similar to a mid-pricers figures. Depends if you think he has room for improvement. On averages, Ryder has the best form of the mid's but of course it is too late for him this week anyway.

13. jibba

jibba Member

I'll take the Roughead, My rucks were fked for the bye anyway. Mumford, Sandi and Stephenson share same bye, at least getting roughead will fix that

14. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I have both MUMFORD and LEUNBERGER.

I have copped 2 donuts due to Mumford in Rd 2 & Rd4, however I am going to stick with him and trade out Loonyburger instead given he sounds like he'll be out for a longer period gettign over his achilles.

My concern is who to bring in. Cox is out as I can't afford the $$$ and Ryder due to the lockout. My shortlist is HMAC/NicNat/Jacobs/Kreuz/Roughy/McEvoy and as a smokie/cheap option Maric.

All have their pluses and minuses - who would you pick ??

Cheers
    TTH

15. obleex

obleex New Member

I reckon people will regret jumping off him when he's pumping out the 140s in the second half of the season!!

16. jibba

jibba Member

Going Roughead, I still have the option of moving him into the fwd line and trading a forward to Mumford if he hits form again.
    I'm sold
    (I'm in for some Roughead in the next few weeks, oh gaaaawdd)