barlow under ross lyon

Discussion in 'AFL' started by VanderHaar, Apr 28, 2012.

1. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

whats peoples opinions on barlow under ross lyon (horrible picture )
    he seems to be confident and over his broken leg

disposals eff
    28 @ 64% vs carl 105sc
    30 @ 73 % vs stk 100 sc
    25 @ 48% vs bris 108 sc
    20 @ 70 % vs syd 68 sc sub
    13 @ 62 % vs geel 72 sc sub

do u think he can get to the 120 av under ross lyons rolling traffic game plan or do you think he will be the 90 to 110 weekly player

2. ABitWoofy

ABitWoofy New Member

I had Barlow locked in earlier in the week but ended up going with Ziebell. Considering how he finished last year, how he's started this year as well as Norths easy draw plus he plays GWS rd 23 and is cheaper than Barlow.

Just some food for thought

3. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Interesting Vander.
    He is definately finding a lot of the ball but like u said he is getting it in heavy traffic often.
    I think last night was an exception tho, his disposal was pretty bad.

I traded him in for his price, i reckon he'll average 100-110.
    Especially with Mundy, Fyfe, Hill all getting plenty of it.

4. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

The only difference between Barlow 2010 and Barlow last night is that Barlow 2010 would have nailed the 3 goals that he missed. If he kicked those 3 and freo won or got close he could have been 150. I think the scoring will come as he gains further confidence and I'd be taking the 100s he's serving up in the meantime.

5. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

some good thoughts there
    when i get back today ill go back and look at his goal scoring vs his scores as well
    without loading up the stats from memory i think in 2010 he was had an average of 1.x while this year hes scored 0.x average.

yer zeibel was on my shortlist as well between the 2 of them tho i was thinking theres going to be 500 ball ups a game with freo and im still not sure where norths season is heading they have looked good and bad at the same time.

6. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Barlow's score is relative to the position he is in when he gets it, more so than what he does with it. He is one of the elite minded players in that he knows where the ball will be and the speed it will come in. Like mentioned above, when Mundy gets back to fit, Barlow will start getting a fair bit more of it (and will also have somebody to give it to who will not mess it up).

On Ziebel, I'm very surprised he is the talk of so many forums. I mean he is an up and coming player, but so many people actually using a trade to bring him in before he has done anything special is amazing! I can't see how anyone can put him in the same category as a proven consistent point scorer like Barlow.

7. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Barlow should be the safer option,
    & North did get a good draw & a charmed run,
    v Geelong just after their gruelling encounter with Hawthorn,
    then v Sydney for the week Goodes sat out,
    & now v the Suns with no Ablett to contend with.
    Not knocking Ziebel, but would like to first see how he goes when the going gets tougher.
    With Barlow, can be confident in him right now without needing to see more.

8. DBY

DBY New Member

I too got Barlow in this week. Seems he's over the leg and could get some serious midfield time. Get on him soon while he's still a bargain!