Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on April 30, 2012, 21:58
    Just in case anyone hasn't checked...Pendlebury's BE is 102 this week. So that means he is at his cheapest point (for weeks to come anyway) and therefore the best time to get him is now.

Yes if he scores his average he will only go up 10k...but are you going to take the risk of waiting when he could score 140+ against the dogs? I'm not taking that risk. Shiel may be getting cut too soon, but there are plenty of options (Horsely, Adams, Miles) coming up to replace him, and I can keep those players in longer as all my other cows are plumping up nicely ready for harvest. </blockquote>

He's only forecast to be 6k more expensive after his bye if he hits his 126 average, so no huge rush to bring him in.

2. Nifty

Nifty Member

<blockquote>Quote from Ox on April 30, 2012, 21:39
    Yes I agree wait till later in the week. pendles is awesome and cheap at the moment but looks to be better value in a week. I would choose Sheil as well to trade.

On another note that flashing advertisemet on Tooserious is doing my head in!!</blockquote>

I'm with ya Ox.... I seem to be the 999999th visitor everyday... :---)

Geeez, i've just gone back to home page.. & i'm the 999999th visitor again.....

3. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

Thinking of getting in Barlow or Beams for D. Smith and Shiel/Magner - Pfieffer as the downgrade target.

Thinking that with Barlow starting to score consistently and a nice little run of games that the increase of Shiel could be outweighed by having Barlows scores. Very cheap at the moment too.

Beams should get decent time through the middle and has a good scoring history and I think Collingwood will get better as the season progresses meaning more of the points pie. Also, Beams and Barlow offer a Round 12 bye which is handy for my structure.

What do people think about this option? Also, is Pfieffers JS solid? More so with Grays injury but how has he played in his 2 starts?

I think from here that Barlow can average 115, although his yearly average may be closer to 110 due to his sub affected start to the season. Beams around 100-105 form here but that might be ambitious. If The Porpoise is out then I think that will force me to go with Beams.

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on May 1, 2012, 11:27
    Just in case anyone hasn't checked...Pendlebury's BE is 102 this week. So that means he is at his cheapest point (for weeks to come anyway) and therefore the best time to get him is now.

Yes if he scores his average he will only go up 10k...but are you going to take the risk of waiting when he could score 140+ against the dogs? I'm not taking that risk. Shiel may be getting cut too soon, but there are plenty of options (Horsely, Adams, Miles) coming up to replace him, and I can keep those players in longer as all my other cows are plumping up nicely ready for harvest. </blockquote>

He's only forecast to be 6k more expensive after his bye if he hits his 126 average, so no huge rush to bring him in.</blockquote>

This is true, but change a handful of those scores to 140, and his value increases 40k.

Highly possible he will outscore his average too...playing teams such as Melbourne, Gold Coast, Brisbane, and Bulldogs. I understand the logic, but I'm just going to get him in now.

My team has been gradually losing touch with the top 500 so I need him! Shaw and Dempsey returning should help also, and if Gaj plays I'll have a full midfield which should help.

5. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on May 1, 2012, 12:29
    <blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on May 1, 2012, 11:27

He's only forecast to be 6k more expensive after his bye if he hits his 126 average, so no huge rush to bring him in.</blockquote>

This is true, but change a handful of those scores to 140, and his value increases 40k.

Highly possible he will outscore his average too...playing teams such as Melbourne, Gold Coast, Brisbane, and Bulldogs. I understand the logic, but I'm just going to get him in now.

My team has been gradually losing touch with the top 500 so I need him! Shaw and Dempsey returning should help also, and if Gaj plays I'll have a full midfield which should help. </blockquote>
    That's fair enough then. I'm ranked just inside the top 3000 so the chase for overall glory is done for me, so I will wit for Pendles.
    My bigger problems are Dickson, Hall, Townsend and Smith on the bench earning hardly anything with no viable downgrade options likely to make any more money than them. Pretty much just have to sit and wait with them now don't I?

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Muppets on May 1, 2012, 11:22
    Bearfly/Steve/anyone - what are your thoughts on Pfeiffer's JS? Not thrilled to be bringing him in this week but looking at it. I would think I only really need him to play consistently up to the byes when he'll then get the chop. </blockquote>

Just had a chance to read through all 3 pages of this thread and noticed a few things.

With Pfluffer, er Pfieffer, news this morning that Wingard will miss at least a couple of games with a grade 2 AC joint injury could quite feasibly aid Pfluffer's JS, however not sure he'll play consistently until the bye - he'll be a risky pick but on his 2 games so far he would probably be good for around 50-60 ppg when he plays (more if he could actually stop butchering the ball/giving away stupid frees/kick a goal or 2).

Also noticed the Porpoise mentioned somewhere on page 2 I think - very unlikely to play again this week with reports he has a strained muscle (obviously had a hard time swimming out in the gulf Sunday arvo/evening when he should have been lining up in the Showdown and making us a few more &#36;&#36;&#36;'s the selfish bastard)!!!

Another player to keep your eye on from Port is Aaron Young who debuted in the Showdown - spoken of in glowing terms by coaches & team-mates alike and looks like he could be given a chance to establish himself in the line-up - won't be used as a sub again if selected this week as Optimus really tries to avoid using the same player 2 weeks running.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Nifty on May 1, 2012, 12:03
    Yes I agree wait till later in the week. pendles is awesome and cheap at the moment but looks to be better value in a week. I would choose Sheil as well to trade.

On another note that flashing advertisemet on Tooserious is doing my head in!!</blockquote>

Geeez, i've just gone back to home page.. & i'm the 999999th visitor again.....</blockquote>

Get Adblock mate, it will be your friend for life!! No more ads on any page!!

8. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

Chris Masten - Is now the right time to pull the pin on him? has risen &#36;150k and has a breakeven of 90. Really cannot see him rising much more, and now have the opportunity to upgrade him (to Pendlebury via downgrading Devon Smith). Or do I downgrade him to Horsley and stash the cash?

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Stashed cash doesn't earn you points, might aswell get Pendles now before his price skyrockets.

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Pendles plays dogs, will he or Swan get Picken? Whoever doesn't could score 140+

11. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

We (and the WBD) have seen the possible effect on Collingwood's performance when Pendles gets the hard tag, Pendles is just such a valuable cornerstone in Collingwood. Is Swan taggable, is he ever?
    Could add just a slight element of risk bringing Pendles in this week.

12. Nifty

Nifty Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on May 1, 2012, 13:27
    <blockquote>Quote from Nifty on May 1, 2012, 12:03

Geeez, i've just gone back to home page.. & i'm the 999999th visitor again.....</blockquote>

Get Adblock mate, it will be your friend for life!! No more ads on any page!!</blockquote>

Cheers Thunda......

13. Muppets

Muppets Member

Ling tagged Swan out of the GF last year.

14. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

Have around 800k in the bank so went D.Smith > Chappy, then might consider a Shiel > Pendles trade, but I dont know weather to hold onto the 500k after bringing in Chappy to use on Ablett,

15. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Should i get rid of Kreuzer this week?

Was thinking MK out for someone like Orren and then using that cash plus the 100 odd thousand on my bench to upgrade to Pendles.

Yes? No? Thoughts?

16. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from FixEmUp on May 1, 2012, 22:38
    Should i get rid of Kreuzer this week?

Was thinking MK out for someone like Orren and then using that cash plus the 100 odd thousand on my bench to upgrade to Pendles.

Yes? No? Thoughts?</blockquote>

absolutely..big chance of him being rested this week too

17. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

But is Orren going to a) play well enough to score decent points and b) be picked consistently

Or is there another ruck I havent thought of? Got Redden and Giles already. Sam Jacobs is my R1

18. Micksdemons

Micksdemons Active Member

Dickson ??

Up > pfieffer
    Dwn > no trade
    sorry no thumbs so thoughts please

19. demonspud

demonspud Member

No one tags like Lingy, which is one of the reasons the Cats aren't doing as well this year.

20. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

With the injury developments of Ablett and Fyfe, I have 3 trade options I need to choose two from and I'm interested to hear some thoughts and opinions.

Trade 1: Ablett > Rockliff. Hindsight is a wonderful thing in Supercoach and if I knew Ablett could be possibly be out for 4 weeks last week I would have completed the trade then. Made this trade is DT last week, should have stuck to my guns in SC as well.

Trade 2: Fyfe > Beams. Another injury I need to deal with, but can it wait a week? Not convinced Beams will be this cheap again. Forward premiums are hard to find this year.

Trade 3: D. Smith > Pfeiffer. Forward Rookie downgrade. Smith's BE is 65 and he has only scored 60+ once before. Rookie cash generation is going to be difficult obtain this season so jumping on as many downgrade targets as possible is essential, even if it is for only &#36;100k.

There are my 3 options. Of those, what 2 would you choose? I'm currently in favour of trades 1 & 3.