Coulda, shoulda, woulda.....didnt

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SpoonDeWood, May 3, 2012.

1. SpoonDeWood

SpoonDeWood New Member

About this time of every season, as I watch the leaders disappear in the SC dust, I have my annual lament about the crucial errors I made in selecting my initial line up. Y'know, the final-day-before-lock-out umming & ahhing that sees you select players about to embark on utterly tragic seasons or go against your gut & leave out that guy who tears it up in the opening rounds.
    For me this year, my fatal error was not so much the 1-0-3 ruck strategy, but the selection of Mumford as the lead instead of Ryder, when I was set on Ryder all pre season. Having since done the Mummy > Sandi & Redden > Maric trades to shore things up, the masochist in me decided to add up the total cost of that pre season decision. At the end of Rd5, the damage reads: two trades, $320k and 97 points. Sigh.
    Can anyone out there make me feel any better with a similarly disastrous decision of their own?

2. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

If you were set on Ryder preseason, then why didn't you trade Mumford to Ryder when he got injured?

3. G-Train

G-Train Member

Had a gut feeling of Ryder/Kreuzer pre season. Went with McEvoy/Jacobs. Worked out ok in the end anyway.

4. SpoonDeWood

SpoonDeWood New Member

@ The_Swert

The same reason I chickened out pre season...went with the "safety" of an established star