Round 7 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, May 8, 2012.

1. Dino

Dino New Member

As of today I've gone
    Goodes > Adams
    Shiel > Horsley

Will leave me with $851k for double upgrade of Magner and Smith next week. Sounds good now, but come next Monday night I'm sure it will change lol

2. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on May 7, 2012, 17:50
    <blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on May 7, 2012, 17:46
    I 2nd that! Double Down Grade it is!

Goodes Out -------. Adams In
    Magner Out -------. Horsely In

When teams are named then we will get a clear picture but next week I can't wait to get Chappy and Goddard into my team!</blockquote>

I would do that as well, but I want the MPP switch and have no way of getting Goodes into my midfield to trade Adams in there... Supercoach can be a pain!</blockquote>

Fitzy there is one way. Trade out a midfield rookie then at the same time on tof he trade page move Goodes to the Mids. Then add Adams to Fwds. Complete that then a second trade Goodes for a DPP Premium like Sidebum and then you can switch Adams and Sidebum. I think that makes sense :?

3. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on May 7, 2012, 18:20
    Pattay, dont have any fwds in mid so cant do that</blockquote>

Fitzy study the trade page carefully and you'll see you can move Goodes to the Mids basically in Mid trade. That way you can trade Adams into the now vacant Fwd's spot. :D

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Magner > Horsley
    Stanley > Beams/Dangermouse

Not getting on the Adams train - going to wait a touch for the next rookie to come through ... Zorko perhaps.

Plus I have plenty of GWS guys, and F/M players too. And, luckily right now, no injuries.

Next week will be upgrade and downgrade up back for my sixth premium there using the two Richmond guys - Ellis or Morris to Spurr and the other to a premium (perhaps Heppell, Hurn, Thompson even, but most likely Heppell)

Then I'm going to sit tight for a while. Will have 6 premium defenders and Bugg/Mohr at D7, 5 upgraded mids with Horsley/JMac/Shiel at M6, and 5 premium forwards with Porpoise at F6 and Treloar/Smith filling F7 for now.

5. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on May 7, 2012, 20:19
    But I want to KEEP the MPP switch</blockquote>

I tried it myself using Wingard and Goodes and to get Horsley in Mids and Adams in FWD you can do it but you'll lose the DPP.

6. banz

banz New Member

I'm with Gonaddz, has Stanley peaked? SKT??

7. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from banz on May 7, 2012, 21:03
    I'm with Gonaddz, has Stanley peaked? SKT??</blockquote>

His B/E suggests he has but hoping if we all send enough smoke signals up SKT might jump online and help us decide.

8. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

What are your opinions of Zaharakis? On the way up after two tons in a row?

9. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Hard to go past Goodes >>>> Danger.....

Shiel/Magner >>>> Horsley.

10. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Limo23 on May 7, 2012, 20:45
    Fitzy there is one way. Trade out a midfield rookie then at the same time on tof he trade page move Goodes to the Mids. Then add Adams to Fwds. Complete that then a second trade Goodes for a DPP Premium like Sidebum and then you can switch Adams and Sidebum. I think that makes sense :? </blockquote>

How is that any different to just trading Goods to Adams and the midfield rookie to the DPP Premium like sidebum? Am I missing something?? :eek:

11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from hack_pwn on May 7, 2012, 21:19
    What are your opinions of Zaharakis? On the way up after two tons in a row?</blockquote>

He seems good value IMO but it would be worth getting a bombers fan or 2 to discuss his current role and whether it might change when they get a few back from injury, he also fills a second rd12 fwd premo bye spot so would balance my team nicely!

One option I am looking at is Kennedy & morris ==> horsley/Adams plus Zaha so I would also be keen to hear sone feedback also !

12. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from gogonz on May 7, 2012, 21:49

Shiel/Magner >>>> Horsley.</blockquote>

Definitely agree dangerfield is worth a look - question is whether I want him in by round 9 or as a round 12 or 13 upgrade during the byes !

13. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TheTassieHawk on May 7, 2012, 21:58
    <blockquote>Quote from hack_pwn on May 7, 2012, 21:19
    What are your opinions of Zaharakis? On the way up after two tons in a row?</blockquote>

He seems good value IMO but it would be worth getting a bombers fan or 2 to discuss his current role and whether it might change when they get a few back from injury, he also fills a second rd12 fwd premo bye spot so would balance my team nicely!

One option I am looking at is Kennedy & morris ==> horsley/Adams plus Zaha so I would also be keen to hear sone feedback also !</blockquote>

I am a bit concerned about this soft tissue plague at the Bombers camp. At the moment I'm thinking O'Keefe to replace Goodes.

14. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

zhaka is being built into a midfield role this year and can be very clean with his disposal i cant really see anyone taking his spot thats coming back from injury , most of our injuries are forwards and backs..

yer ess have had a horror run last 2 years with injuries hird is definitely pushing the boundaries.

i have zhaka in my team from the start but sidebum and dangerfield have been impressing this year

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Re Stanley

He was never a keeper, was always a cash cow. In early games was playing above his average potential. I think and said before season he would be player that would average 50-60. After his couple good early games he was great pick cos he would sky rocket in price and had and still does have great job security. Its got even better with loss of McEvoy.

The loss of Macca should see him play bit more in ruck as i cant see Jason Blake being type player that can do it week in week out.

Just think most people have all sudden thought he'd average 100 every week cos he started season like that. At end of day he was a rookie priced player that you'd think would score 60 or so and hopefully occassionly score 90-100... Still think he has those capabilies in him.

Would have thought most people would have more important areas to fix up then him, unless you've dodged every single bullet thats been thrown at us this year!!

16. Tango

Tango New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TheTassieHawk on May 7, 2012, 22:18
    <blockquote>Quote from gogonz on May 7, 2012, 21:49

Shiel/Magner >>>> Horsley.</blockquote>

Definitely agree dangerfield is worth a look - question is whether I want him in by round 9 or as a round 12 or 13 upgrade during the byes !</blockquote>

Wasn't convinced on Dangerfield until he played some good opposition and with a decent score against the Swans on the weekend, I'm starting to come around. Tossing up with him and Chappy for my Goodes replacement. The bonus with Dangerfield is that he has the Round 11 bye, which means he doesn't really share it with any other prefmium forwards.

17. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on May 7, 2012, 23:15
    Re Stanley

He was never a keeper, was always a cash cow. In early games was playing above his average potential. I think and said before season he would be player that would average 50-60. After his couple good early games he was great pick cos he would sky rocket in price and had and still does have great job security. Its got even better with loss of McEvoy.

The loss of Macca should see him play bit more in ruck as i cant see Jason Blake being type player that can do it week in week out.

Just think most people have all sudden thought he'd average 100 every week cos he started season like that. At end of day he was a rookie priced player that you'd think would score 60 or so and hopefully occassionly score 90-100... Still think he has those capabilies in him.

Would have thought most people would have more important areas to fix up then him, unless you've dodged every single bullet thats been thrown at us this year!!</blockquote>

yer hes been a good pick , tho i think for me the hawks game was a test , would have been happy with 70 but with his next few games carl syd wc rich can you see him getting back to a point where hes not starting to bleed more cash ?

18. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Sidey seems the best sidey if you don't already have him & are into sidey trades.

19. kram

kram Member

I'm considering a bit of a left field trade, but it would give me a full list of premiums in the forward line. I'm thinking cash in the big man Giles as he's made more cash than the other rookies. I have Jacobs and Kruezer in the rucks, plus Redden. There's not any real good ruck options, so here's the plan. Trade Giles for Adam Pattison with the R/F swing option. Then upgrade Magner to Roughead using Kennedy to swing the trade forward, as a Kennedy trade doesn't give me the cash required. This way I get a premium forward and if Kruezer or Jacobs go down I can swing Roughead into the ruck via Pattison

20. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

<blockquote>Quote from kram on May 8, 2012, 00:09
    I'm considering a bit of a left field trade, but it would give me a full list of premiums in the forward line. I'm thinking cash in the big man Giles as he's made more cash than the other rookies. I have Jacobs and Kruezer in the rucks, plus Redden. There's not any real good ruck options, so here's the plan. Trade Giles for Adam Pattison with the R/F swing option. Then upgrade Magner to Roughead using Kennedy to swing the trade forward, as a Kennedy trade doesn't give me the cash required. This way I get a premium forward and if Kruezer or Jacobs go down I can swing Roughead into the ruck via Pattison
    </blockquote>

nice thinking tho you dont want to rob peter to pay paul ....works well while your 2 rucks are playing or you have 8 forwards to choose from ... but if you need to rob your forward line of roughheads 100 to cover your ruck loss or if u get a situation like this week ...
    kruzer being rested / u swing roughhead to ruck backup ..... kruzer ends up playing and you lose roughhead as a forward. if that makes sense.