Round 7 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, May 8, 2012.

1. silacious

silacious New Member

Double downgrade looks good to me, dump magner for horse, and stanley for adams

2. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from kram on May 8, 2012, 00:09
    I'm considering a bit of a left field trade, but it would give me a full list of premiums in the forward line. I'm thinking cash in the big man Giles as he's made more cash than the other rookies. I have Jacobs and Kruezer in the rucks, plus Redden. There's not any real good ruck options, so here's the plan. Trade Giles for Adam Pattison with the R/F swing option. Then upgrade Magner to Roughead using Kennedy to swing the trade forward, as a Kennedy trade doesn't give me the cash required. This way I get a premium forward and if Kruezer or Jacobs go down I can swing Roughead into the ruck via Pattison
    </blockquote>

Similar feedback as VDH. Is Kreuzer sufficiently bulletproof to take this chance? If you need to swing Roughie into the Ruck, you then have one guaranteed nonstarter on your Forward bench so you would want to be fairly certain of your other 8 Forwards. I also think that with rucks scoring strongly, Giles is not ready for culling just yet (especially if Brogan will miss games with this arm injury).

I like the thinking however, personally, I will be looking to make this trade a bit later.

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Who to bring in first? Or rephased, who will score more this week?

Franklin vs Melbourne or Sidebottom vs Brisbane?

One will be traded in this week, the other one next week. Franklin should hit his breakeven of 117 whereas Sidebottom's is lower. But the price rises won't be much, i'd rather bank more points than save 10k.

4. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

This week
    Shiel to Adams
    Magner to Horsley
    500,000 in the bank)

Next week
    Devon Smith to Mitchell or Priddis (Who will be about 500,000 which is a bargain for a dependable, unique mid)
    Milera to a premium fwd (if there's any standing come next monday)

5. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

By the way, what do people think about Daniel Wells (495,000, averaging 95, owned by only 0.56&#37; of teams)...

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_Swert on May 8, 2012, 10:10
    Who to bring in first? Or rephased, who will score more this week?

Franklin vs Melbourne or Sidebottom vs Brisbane?

One will be traded in this week, the other one next week. Franklin should hit his breakeven of 117 whereas Sidebottom's is lower. But the price rises won't be much, i'd rather bank more points than save 10k.</blockquote>

FWIW I would look at the supercoach "predicted score" then choose the opposite !!

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Powerfan777 on May 8, 2012, 10:31
    By the way, what do people think about Daniel Wells (495,000, averaging 95, owned by only 0.56&#37; of teams)...</blockquote>

Personally I wouldn't be spending &#36;495K on a sub 100 point midfielder (granted he might improve), when for a few more &#36;&#36;&#36; you should be able to pick up someone who could average 105-110.

8. Najoman86

Najoman86 New Member

20 trades left. Obviously, like many, James Magner > Kyal Horsley will be a go

Thoughts on whether its worth dowgrading Adam Kennedy for Taylor Adams? Or should the second trade be a correction of Clay Smith > Taylor Adams?

Or is the Magner > Horsley trade the only worth considering this week?

9. Carloscity

Carloscity New Member

Is there any latest word or update on Mumford's condition...Can the man recover any quicker to get out on the field this Sat??

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Magner -> Horsely, Goodes -> Adams. Week after, Shiel -> Gaj :)

11. WillS

WillS Member

Am going Magner - Horsley, Dickson - Adams.
    Dickson just not getting anywhere by the look of it.

12. Nifty

Nifty Member

<blockquote>Quote from AngryAnt on May 8, 2012, 11:38
    Magner -> Horsely, Goodes -> Adams. Week after, Shiel -> Gaj :)

</blockquote>

Like the sound of that Ant.... Same dilemma, just not sure if to sideways Goodes or down to rookie like Adams now.......

13. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Golingo on May 7, 2012, 21:52
    <blockquote>Quote from Limo23 on May 7, 2012, 20:45
    Fitzy there is one way. Trade out a midfield rookie then at the same time on tof he trade page move Goodes to the Mids. Then add Adams to Fwds. Complete that then a second trade Goodes for a DPP Premium like Sidebum and then you can switch Adams and Sidebum. I think that makes sense :? </blockquote>

How is that any different to just trading Goods to Adams and the midfield rookie to the DPP Premium like sidebum? Am I missing something?? :eek:

</blockquote>

Good Point ..... :eek:

14. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on May 7, 2012, 23:26
    Sidey seems the best sidey if you don't already have him & are into sidey trades.</blockquote>

Sidey in a sidey trade. Gold from Fidel. :D

15. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

@Nifty, I'd prefer to get Ablett back into my side as soon as possible and although Goodes' injury is a blow, Ablett will score an order of magnitude higher than any sideways traded premium forward, with the added bonus of the return of the perma-captain. I can't see blokes like Dangerfield for example scoring even close to what Gaj will, specifically when looking at who Adelaide have over the next three weeks. Dangerfield has been extraordinarly lucky in his scoring lately imo, I can't understand how someone whose disposal efficiency was at 54&#37; and who racked up 5 clangers can score 120+.

16. Nifty

Nifty Member

<blockquote>Quote from AngryAnt on May 8, 2012, 12:36
    @Nifty, I'd prefer to get Ablett back into my side as soon as possible and although Goodes' injury is a blow, Ablett will score an order of magnitude higher than any sideways traded premium forward, with the added bonus of the return of the perma-captain. I can't see blokes like Dangerfield for example scoring even close to what Gaj will, specifically when looking at who Adelaide have over the next three weeks. Dangerfield has been extraordinarly lucky in his scoring lately imo, I can't understand how someone whose disposal efficiency was at 54&#37; and who racked up 5 clangers can score 120+.</blockquote>

Cheers again Ant... I've still got Ablett, just not sure what to do with Goodes yet.. Sideways or down to Adams.... I've burned some trades with Mummy n Fyfe already, only have 19 left...

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Ah ok made the assumption that you didn't have Ablett. I guess you need to look at it from an immediate points perspective, will a sideways trade net you more points in the short term than a rookie downgrade?

18. Nifty

Nifty Member

<blockquote>Quote from AngryAnt on May 8, 2012, 13:00
    Ah ok made the assumption that you didn't have Ablett. I guess you need to look at it from an immediate points perspective, will a sideways trade net you more points in the short term than a rookie downgrade?</blockquote>

Cheers again Ant...

19. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

am going magner > horseley and stanley > ROK.........ROK seems to be building after a slow start

20. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

rok's score may not be so good now that goodes is out. Rok might become key forward and get key backs.

Dangerfield an unwise acquisition at this stage IMO. If you missed the boat at start, he has hit good score and will hover now on price.

Sidey to face Thomas return this week...but he's def stepped up. He also has gone up almost max methinks.

to me its all about buying premiums on the decline, not already overscoring.