So is he IN or OUT of your team? (Gary Ablett)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Gonaddz, May 3, 2012.

1. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Just playing with words right now but the real question is do you trade GAJ out now or do you keep him for a little longer? I'm thinking to hold for 2 weeks as a few things worry me. 1. I don't want to be in the situation where I won't be able to afford him after he is nice and rested. 2. I don't trust the media when they say he will be out for 4 weeks. And No.3 Sideways trade GAJ could be messy as the midfield has a lot of cover with good players (Rookie & Senior). The forward line is a bit of a mess IMO and that should be the focus. What are the rest of your opinions on this sticky situation? Would love to hear it as I'm sure its on everyones mind.

Update 3/5

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-coach-guy-mckenna-offers-hope-of-gary-ablett-return/story-e6frepf6-1226344337564

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Considering Ablett was supposed to run last Monday and as far as we know still hasnt run, i would say he is 5% chance playing next week...

3. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Go garry gooooo
    go go go go garrryyyy go

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Surely the PCL would've come up in scans

5. Dekka

Dekka Member

Source: Friend of a friend inside the Suns. "First he's got to be able to run straight, then he's got to get sideways mobility." I've acted on this advise, unfortunately for Murphy, but if it's wrong I go down as well!

6. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

And I thought it was the source that goes on a sausage roll!

Any New info on GAJ? I know I'm striving for the stars but GAJ is worth it.

7. Corks

Corks Member

30-70 to play this week, but will play game after if not.

8. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Corks!! Cheers for that info just with that bit of info I can complete my premium midfield!

9. Corks

Corks Member

Hopefully he gets to 90% Gonnadz, they sit him in a forward pocket, and he kicks 8 for a lazy 160 point outlay and no injury concerns :D

10. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Thats the dream Corks! I just want him back just lucky my midfield can hold the fort while he is away. Im going to make 4 very big trade in the next 2 weeks and if he comes back soon my team should do much better! Fingers Crossed!

11. WillS

WillS Member

Too risky to name him Captain if he does play? (risk of sub?)

12. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Yep I agree with the sub risk.

If Garry plays this week then I will have to commit a cardinal sin of SC and politely ask Garry to give the C to Pendles or Watson - he gets to pick.

13. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I don't think they'll take any risks with him, if he plays this week he'll be fit. No chance to be subbed for mine, if anything he'll go to full forward late in the game. If he plays I'll be naming him captain.

14. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Yeah its not hard to name him Captain as in interviews he seems so keen to get back to work as watching from the sidelines is eating him away. After all I picked Murphy last week against GWS and what a joke that was I think they were resting him on the field as I've never been upset with Gaz so far.

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I think this could be a case of ducks and drakes...

16. jb

jb New Member

Article on AFL Bring on Ablett: Sheeds

Ablett has missed the past two weeks with a knee injury, but has returned to running and is considered a strong chance to face the Giants.

17. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

YEAHHHHHHHHHH Come on GAZZZ Get into it!! Your first win is right around the corner!

18. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

What does that mean? A test to see if he is fit to play on Saturday?

19. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

It means trading him out last week to murphy, to try and consolidate some extra points, (with all the speculation he is out for 2,3,4,5 weeks etc), Has been an epic FAIL!!!! Fingers crossed he misses another week

20. Corks

Corks Member

The way my SC season's going he'll play, score 1 point in the opening minute before the bottom half of his leg DETACHES from the top half sailing through the air to decapitate Tim Mohr, and be out for 4 years. Drop $100k overnight and all those itchy fingers last week will get on TS and tell Gonnadz me and a few others how they "always knew this would happen".

:(