Moo damn you! Worst rookies thus far ...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Epicity, May 2, 2012.

1. RV

RV New Member

I brought in MJohnson (freo) into my Backline to link with Smedts up forward.
    As such I plan on keeping Smedts long term to maintain that link (unless Waite or some other player starts stepping up f/d scores...).
    My hand was forced on the MJ trade due to injured premiums everywhere in my side.

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Ledger has caught the 'not playing the kids' disease that seems to be a St Kilda thing, not a Ross Lyin' thing.

3. pollypies

pollypies Member

I picked Koby Stevens for round 1 (made the cardinal sin of not confirming he was named in Round 1 team first). Persevered with him because I know he's quality but reluctantly realised (after a single, 80- plus game) he can't make money for me playing in the WAFL.

4. pollypies

pollypies Member

I also had Dickon btw, but traded him. Anyone who still has him, I would cosnider he was BOG in the VFL on the weekend, kicking the entire team's goals ... OK, it was only 3 goals, but still a fair effort. Having said that, Stephenson seems to be in the best every week for Geelong and doesn't look close.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on May 8, 2012, 15:42
    Ledger has caught the 'not playing the kids' disease that seems to be a St Kilda thing, not a Ross Lyin' thing. </blockquote>

Not really, who is he going to replace in our midfield? Dal Santo? Hayes? Montagna? Steven? Armitage? Goddard? Really isnt an option. Also in his words he just doesnt have the tank to run out a full AFL game (was actually b4 season in an interview)

As for not playing the kids, we have played heaps of kids. Cripps, Siposs, Milera, Saad, Steven, Stanley have all played under 10 games except Steven who had played under 30. Cant chuck them all in at once.

6. Muppets

Muppets Member

@pollypies

Cam Richardson would get 30-40 possies and be in the best for the Kangas every week lasy year in the VFL but barely got a game. I felt much better after I just sucked it up and traded him for a paltry &#36;50K profit. Also, Dickson is a mature-age recuit - if he's not playing now (when the Doggies are pretty ordinary, especially in the forward line) then I can't see him getting too many games soon. Hopefully I'm wrong for all those that have kept him.

7. Epicity

Epicity New Member

Totally agree @muppets. Dickson will play about as many games as Hall from GC this year ie. not enough! I cut young Billie loose last week - he wasn't angry with me, just disappointed ... my shoulders already feel lighter! Big O Stephenson is shaping up to be a mushroom of epic proportions too, folks - is anyone planning on keeping him on the pine or is the new kid that Sheeds is bringing in to replace Brogan worth the chocolates?