Round 7 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, May 8, 2012.

1. I meant as a forward.

All named there I still see as punts at best to be honest mate. No doubt some of them will be in the leading forwards at the end of the year, but for my money pretty much none of them are any better odds at it than any of the other ones. With the injury rate this year added to the already unpredictable nature of mid-priced fantasy football players, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable vouching for any of those guys to be a top 7 forward this season.

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Goodes gone, Magner likely gone
    Horsley in, not sure who to bring in for Goodes. Thinking I will settle for Sidebottom given he changes none of my bye strategy.

3. Josh

Josh New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on May 9, 2012, 17:32
    Goodes gone, Magner likely gone
    Horsley in, not sure who to bring in for Goodes. Thinking I will settle for Sidebottom given he changes none of my bye strategy.</blockquote>
    Trying to work out my own bye strategy at the moment! Can't help but think I'm going to cop at least 2-3 zeros for two of the weeks...

4. gish

gish New Member

I have &#36;313,000 in the bank and the Goodes trade to do. Is it worth doing the double downgrade to net Horsley and Adams (will end up with around &#36;840K), which will mean another rookie in my forward line of Buddy, Martin, Sidey, Porps, Smith, Kennedy, Cameron, Smedts. This means using another trade to upgrade to a premium down the track.

Or should I do a sideways trade for Goodes (Chappy, Danger) and just trade in Horsley in the mids? I can then do one upgrade to Pendles next week.

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

The double downgrade seems a popular choice this week with the 2 standout bubbling cows.

With most of us being out of the hunt points wise now & concentrating on league,
    I suggest taking a close look at your opponent this round,
    if you're looking safe, by all means do the double downgrade for the value if you can afford that luxury,
    but if it looks like you're in for a tough match,
    then better to go 1 down & 1 up,
    keeping more cash/points in play.

If still in the running for overall points, then you can never afford to double downgrade,
    any dual trades in any given round must be 1 down & 1 up as you can't afford to leave cash in hand wasting away not earning you points or interest, not even for a single round at this stage.

& with the bye rounds getting close, (this applies to league chasers only)
    I recommend keeping close tabs on your bye round opponents in the following format -

Bye round players -
    Rounds 11/12/13 -

Me =
    D = 2/3/4
    M = 2/4/2
    R = 2/0/2
    F = 2/2/5

My round 11 opponent =
    D = 3/0/6
    M = 3/1/4
    R = 0/2/2
    F = 5/1/3

My round 12 opponent =
    D = 3/4/2
    M = 4/2/2
    R = 2/1/1
    F = 6/2/1

My round 13 opponent =
    D = 3/1/5
    M = 3/4/1
    R = 2/1/1
    F = 5/2/2

Keeping a close watch on your bye round opponents preparedness over the next few weeks allows for you to keep a degree of imbalance & depending on your own situation it may be in your best interest to deliberately unbalance your side to gain an edge in all 3 matches.

6. Noswal_Mit

Noswal_Mit New Member

Hey guys need some help I too like a lot of you have goodes and my dilemma is I only have 15 trades left due to injuries and poor rookie selection. Just wondering should I sideways him to sidey or magner to Adams put goodes in midfield. Then who would you guys recommend Stanton/pendles/JPK please help

Ps I also have chad cornes on the bench injured and not sure when he will return anyone know when he might play again????

7. Tango

Tango New Member

@fidel, my line of thinking as well, but you just managed to put it into a much more coherent and articulate post :-D. I need to claw back some spots this week in my league, so weakening my team for the week by adding another rookie for Goodes is probably not the wisest course of action for my situation. I wish I was in the situation where I could do the double, but I can't really justify making my crap team worse, so to speak.

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

While I have lost the battle for overall (ranked 12k) I still aim to get up into the top few thousand.

But I think my team is strong enough to survive a DDD this week. Scored 2257 last week with Gaz and Selwood on the bench + Dempsey's sub-affected score.

Plus I have a full midfield now anyway...so downgrading Magner early is no biggie. Through aggressive trading I plan to have my team completed during the BYE rounds with perhaps 5 or 6 trades left for special circumstances. Anything is possible from then onwards!

But you are definitely right Fidel, in that anybody chasing overall cannot risk a double downgrade, and league wins must be taken into account also.

9. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Some food for thought on who to get rid of...

Based on salary prediction through to round 10:

Magner +&#36;59,845
    Kennedy +&#36;49,336
    Milera +&#36;43,117
    Shiel +&#36;33,841

Although Kennedy has the biggest breakeven, he is set to make more money in the long run. Shiel will jump a bit in price this week, but will then have pretty much reached his peak, and has made close to &#36;200k.

Magner now in his tagging role, and an extremely tough draw coming up will be the one to go next week.

So for me it will be Goodes to Adams, Shiel to Horsly and a handy &#36;578k. Next week Morris to Scotland and Magner to Murphy.

10. kram

kram Member

I think Masten has topped out, so I've gone Masten to Horsely and Bugg to Delidio. Should net me an extra 40 ppg. That leaves next week to downgrade either Bower or Clarke to Spurr and reload my midfield by trading Magner into a premium. Unfortunately unless Gaz scores a 20 this weekend I think I'll end up &#36;20k short of getting him in, so will probably look to Jobe, Mitchell or Boyd.

11. jesters

jesters New Member

Thinking of going
    Magner ---> Horseley
    R Stanley ---> Adams

Any thoughts?

12. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Now I am not saying that Adams and Horsely aren't worth getting however I just want to know if people are trading them in onto their starting fields or not? By looking at the benches, Horsely seems certain to get the sub vest as does Adams(could be Sumner though).

13. bfish

bfish New Member

Horsely won't get the vest when Gaz is a late withdrawal...hopefully.

14. Golingo

Golingo New Member

So I expect to see 90&#37; of active teams with Horseley and Adams next week?

15. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

<blockquote>Quote from bfish on May 10, 2012, 19:52
    Horsely won't get the vest when Gaz is a late withdrawal...hopefully.</blockquote>

What?? No, why would they name him then take him out? It's too big of a game after all GAJ being talking about how good he feels.....

16. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

ANyone reckon there's merit in swinging Goodes to the MIDS and trading him out for Rory Sloane?

I do lose my MPP link but I reckon Sloane is about to explode or in the process of exploding !

17. tolla

tolla New Member

cant decide to to trade goodes to :/

fwd line of Franklin, NRoo, Pav, Goodes, Porps, Kennedy & Smith

thinking one of Beams, Roughie, Danger... idk, they arent really jumping out at me

any ideas or solid advice would be tops as im having an absolute shocker of a year

18. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

tolla, consider your bye situation.

Looking at that forward line, you already have Franklin and NRoo with round 13 byes so you probably don't want to bring in Roughead as you won't be able to cover all of them come the bye. You currently have 3 round 11 bye players but I'm guessing you might trade out Kennedy or Smith before the bye comes, if so you might be able to fit Dangerfield (rd 11 bye). Otherwise you could replace like for like and trade Goodes for Beams or another round 12 bye player.

19. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Golingo on May 10, 2012, 20:22
    So I expect to see 90&#37; of active teams with Horseley and Adams next week?

</blockquote>

a LOT will yes - but I wouldn't think 90&#37; will get BOTH !

some reasons being
    - some will prefer an upgrade (particularly those looking for a league win)
    - some will be conserving trades
    - some will expect either or both to cop the vest this week
    - some will be fairly set in the mids already
    - soem will be put off by Horlsey's straight mid status
    - soem wil be put off by Adams Rd11 bye or Horsley's Rd13 bye
    - sometimes even active teams coaches get sick, have unexpected things happen late on Friday
    - there are probably other factors I haven't mentioned

20. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_Swert on May 11, 2012, 10:08
    tolla, consider your bye situation.

Looking at that forward line, you already have Franklin and NRoo with round 13 byes so you probably don't want to bring in Roughead as you won't be able to cover all of them come the bye. You currently have 3 round 11 bye players but I'm guessing you might trade out Kennedy or Smith before the bye comes, if so you might be able to fit Dangerfield (rd 11 bye). Otherwise you could replace like for like and trade Goodes for Beams or another round 12 bye player.</blockquote>

@tolla & the swert

As most of us are probably aware those without MPP ruck links will most likely cop 2 donuts in the bye rounds. So bringing in another Rd13 bye forward (including Roughy) is simply "locking in" one of those donuts into the forward line in Rd13.

Personally I havent seen a compelling argument against "locking in" one of the donuts this week or next (considering a large proportion of us would already have "locked in" one Rd13 DEF donut, and probably another somewhere else as well).

IMO "locking in" both donuts before Rd 9 is a LITTLE risky if you are targetting overall points but each to their own. It wil be intersetign to see whether strong planning for the byes pays off as I am sure a decent number ahead of most of us will have potentially "locked in" 3 or more donuts without realising.