Worst Trade Of The Year

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Oodles

Oodles New Member

You win Thunderbay

2. shortsandahoody

shortsandahoody New Member

Anyone who traded in Dempsey wasnt really a bad trade, a bit unlucky. Think the thought process was okay. Some smart people did stay away because Dempsey was coming back from injury.. The problem is why did people trade out Broughton? or even trade Ellis out so early? And trading out Shaw also looks like it would be a bad move, Shaws out for 1-2 weeks and you trade him?.. If Dempsey wasnt in your starting team the only reason to bring him in is an injury. (easy in hindsight)

Mumford had be traded IMO, trading to Sandi makes sense but theres always a risk he might miss some games through injuries, thats why he wasnt popular in many starting teams this year, and people took a risk in bring him in which didnt pay off.. not a bad trade.. just risky

Trading Parker to C Smith is a bad trade, should have maintained the faith with Parker lol, and C Smith was lucky to get his big score, kicked a few lucky goals..

Prediction, in a few weeks anyone who traded in K Tippet will have the worse trade of the Year! Crows had an easy early run, he was top fwd scorer! he'll spud it up now!

3. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

i traded shaw -> carrots and mummy -> sandi the same week as it all happened...season and hopes DONE in a couple of clicks

thanks

4. Thunderbay

Thunderbay New Member

Yes, much shame and sorrow in the House of Thunderbay. That said, I only regret the Parker trade, which was downright silly. Ellis to Dempsey was marginal... I was always iffy on having both Ellis and Morris, and expected greater scoring potential with Dempsey at a good price.

But yes, still super shizzy overall.

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote>Quote
    Prediction, in a few weeks anyone who traded in K Tippet will have the worse trade of the Year! Crows had an easy early run, he was top fwd scorer! he'll spud it up now!
    </blockquote>

Very happy with Tippett so far & with McKernan suspended don't be surprised to see Tippett getting some quality time in the middle, my prediction's he'll go large @home v the cats this Saturday.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Thunderbay interestingly enough you also had the misfortune to pick Mumford and Shaw in your starting lineup. Surely that needs to rate a mention.

It's all nice and easy when you get those initial picks right and they just stay on the ground scoring nicely so you don't need to trade.

That's why the need to trade premiums is so annoying.

I've traded Ablett, Fyfe and soon to be Goodes.
    I've held fire on Shaw and Birchall.

5 of my premiums injured early in the year isn't great going though I guess all of them had some sort of cloud.

If there's any advice for the future it is to pick durable players who are between the ages of 22 and 28. It saves "worst trade of the year" picks.

7. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Bad trades aren't as bad as initial bad picks, specifically crabs like Tory Dickson or Jackson Paine who needed to be traded out for proper rookies who actually not only play but actually score more than 20 points per game when they play.

8. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I did Broughton -> Fisher a while back, that hasn't been great.
    My mate last week did Kruezer -> Natanui.
    Nicnats out again this week, that trade must be up there!

9. silacious

silacious New Member

I was almost going to go sandi to nicnat last week, but heard the rumour on friday, he'd be a late out against roo's so i picked up ryder, which hasn't paid off. But it could this week

10. bwright

bwright New Member

First post and thought I'd make it a trade whinge.

Mumford to NicNat last week (where do you hear rumours of that silacious??)
    Could be made worse if Ablett plays this week considering my other trade was Ablett to Pendlebury thinking Ablett would miss at least a month

11. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I have gone the good old Mummy> Sandi, Sandi> Nic Nat and have copped the donut. Cost me last week and am very afraid that I will log on and press T on Nic Nat for big IVAN. Won't bother logging on just in case I become impulsive and do trade him.

12. silacious

silacious New Member

@bright Sign up for SGt Supercoach or DT Talk on Twitter got it from there.

13. huvaduva

huvaduva New Member

How about this one:

Started the year with Minson as R2 - hopeful Doggies man wanting this to be his break-out year. But got an itchy trigger finger and went sideways to Kreuzer after round 2 (Kreuzer started 125, 100; Minson started 84, 50). I have since lost 34ppg, coupled with a year-to-date price differential of &#36;59.8k (likely to grow even more in coming weeks).

Could be horrendous if current averages continue.... *gulp*

14. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Too early to call it the worst trade yet, i'll wait an hour for the teams first. Traded out fyfe for pfeiffer last week, only to find him named the sub, get a reprieve with an early injury and then suck to the tune of just one kick for the match. I'll be staggered if he holds his place this week given the cameras showed primus when his one kick was a turnover, he looked about as pleased as I was with my trade.

I know it should be premium for premium but i needed the cash to get in mcintosh as was munching ruck donuts every week. If pfeiffer can generate some cash it might work out alright in the end but pretty hard to do that from the sanfl.

15. husslar

husslar New Member

My trade last week easily one of the worst. Downgraded Mumford to Pattison for cash and future MPP with Roughead,
    Then decided against bringing Deledio in and went for Dalhaus instead!
    Lids= 143
    Dalhaus= 38

Lost 3 league games by less than a 100
    Lids went up in price
    Dalhaus to drop in price

shocker!

16. obleex

obleex New Member

Shaw to Carazzo was an absolute shocker (the week Carazzo did his shoulder). Has put me behind the 8 ball all year!

17. hongDOGhua

hongDOGhua New Member

Confessions:

Started with Robbie Gray and due to unforseen circumstances missed the fact that he was injured. Not a good start.

Worst of the trades since (but by no means all of them):

Broughton to Dempsey (...)

Fyfe to Ward (W>T>F> I compared Ward and Kennedy closely, thought the 30K or so I saved by getting Ward was worth it and might allow me to get an earlier upgrade elsewhere. Ward gets 78 followed by 71; Kennedy goes BANG 173 and 118 BANG!)

Smith to Dahlhaus (Smith pulls out a decent score and Dahl goes pfffffftzzzz. I think I had the money for Dangerfield or maybe Sidebottom too.)

Roll on 2013 ;)

18. hplate

hplate New Member

@hongDOGhua

Yikes with the Ward pick. I kinda went through a similar thing:
    After round 4 I traded out Christensen + Saad and picked up Whitecross & Dahlhaus instead of J.Lewis & Sidebottom. Oh the stupidity...

19. Muppets

Muppets Member

I'm pretty peeved with my trade of Pfeiffer to Dickson last week. I was even nervous about doing it but was just sick of Dickson sitting on the pine and me copping a donut. What a complete waste of a trade. May as well have not done anything.

20. AngLee

AngLee Guest

R3 Broughton > Dempsey
    R4 Dempsey > Carrazzo
    R5 Carrazzo > Deledio (Finally!)

Also Fyfe to Goodes!

21. AngLee

AngLee Guest

R3 Broughton > Dempsey
    R4 Dempsey > Carrazzo
    R5 Carrazzo > Deledio (Finally!)

Also Fyfe to Goodes!