Who to go, Bugg or Ellis?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by leb17, May 15, 2012.

1. leb17

leb17 New Member

Thinking i may make a defensive downgrade this week, and bring in Spurr, but im not sure which of these cows to cull.
    Bugg seems like he may be due for a rest, and i believe he has a high-ish BE this week, and has i make 200k by trading him out.
    Ellis just lost money and seems a likely vest candidate at the tiges atm. I also have morris and lids from the tiges and he shares a bye with many more of my defenders. But i only make 100k on this trade, and his JS i still pretty good i think.

Opinions please, who has to go, Bugg or Ellis :D

2. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

3. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Trade out Ellis in round 13, hope he plays til then.
    Strict SC champs dump rookies when they max, regardless of affection.
    Bugg therefore; its time to swat.

4. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I'm trading out Geary xD

5. bfish

bfish New Member

Ellis stays for me. Should get back to his max price by R13 even if he misses a game or 2.

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Ellis will not play this week, Hardwick has said so. Still, I'm trading out Bugg. He has maxed out, whereas Ellis will have the chance to increase his value again once the 2 works out of the 3 week averages

7. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Trading Bugg gets you $100 000 closer to a premium than Brandon. If you have Spurr, put him on the field and have Ellis on the bench until you trade him

8. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from chris88 on May 15, 2012, 14:14
    Ellis will not play this week, Hardwick has said so.</blockquote>

But he already had a week off (basically)

9. Josh

Josh New Member

I'd go Bugg out and hold Ellis. Ellis just hasn't made enough &#36;&#36; for mine.

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have the cash to turn either Bugg or Ellis straight into Goddard without a downgrade.

Bugg or Ellis?

11. chris88

Swert - only going by what Hardwick has said. Has virtually confirmed that Vickery will return and Ellis is likely to be the one to make way.

Who that leaves as sub I don't know.

12. Muppets

Muppets Member

Why is no one talking about Morris? You said it yourself leb, you've got lots of round thirteen bye players so by that rationale you should keep Bugg, there's no point trading Ellis now and he'll get his price back up in a few weeks, so that leaves Morris. He seems to be the best candidate for mine.

13. shaken

shaken New Member

Bugg out, Heath Shaw in.

Geary out, but looking at downgrading to either Spurr or Brennan. I think Brennan will score better, but the return of Ash Smith might affect his JS. Anyone else have thoughts?

14. leb17

leb17 New Member

@Muppets, i think Morris has superb JS and can still pump out more points, his average over the last 5 has been nearly 70. Im a tigers man, and cant see him being dropped or vested like Bugg or Ellis, and by bye time, he could be nearly 350. Im hoping that turns out to be the case anyway. Its probably bugg for me, then one of or both ellis and morris gone by rnd 13

15. Rev

Rev New Member

How about Ellis to Spurr, and Bugg to Hurn? Costs nothing (except the trades of course)

Bugg and Ellis are now both at the point where their BE is higher than their average so it is time to go.

16. chris88

Rev - I'm holding Ellis for the same reason I held Devon Smith after his sub affected score. That is, if Ellis gets full games, gets back to averaging 60-65, the 2 will drop out of the three week average and his price will increase again.

But your trades are good - trading to guys who aren't copping the Rd 13 defender bye (which is going to get ugly for a few people this year - Lids, BJ, Rance, Scotland, Morris, Ellis) is a good move.

17. Fez

Fez Moderator

Any North supporters know much about Cameron Delaney?

18. Rev

Rev New Member

I held Smith too, but I don't think Ellis has the ability to come out with 100+ like Smith did. So even if Ellis averages 60 for the rest of the season his price will still only rise to around &#36;280k. So is it worth missing out on Spurr for maybe &#36;45k (that is assuming that he isn't dropped, or worse, subbed again)?

IMO, Hurn and Spurr makes my team look a lot stronger than Bugg and Ellis.

19. bama

bama Active Member

Just with Ellis, in the salary predictor I put in scores of 65 for Ellis every round up until the round 13 bye and his price then will be the same as it is now. So obviously if he scores less than 65 in any of those rounds he price will be less. I wish he scored 50 last week instead and made 20k instead of losing 16 but I think it might be time for him to go if he has to be gone by round 13 anyway.

20. chris88

Rev - you're correct and don't have a problem with the move you're making. Spurr is a good in, as is Hurn.

More just saying that Ellis isn't entirely washed up yet. Depending on his job security in coming weeks, he may be the sort of guy you can have on the bench for the year if he is guaranteed of getting a game.

We often look for rookies like that throughout the year, and Ellis (and Morris too) might be a couple of good non-GWS options.

That said, one or both of Morris and Ellis might have to go soon due to the Round 13 bye chaos in defence. Its a tough one, with byes making the challenge more difficult.

But if you have the opportunity to do a trade like this which improves your team, then its a no-brainer, you have to go for it.