Who to go, Bugg or Ellis?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by leb17, May 15, 2012.

1. 82asch

82asch New Member

<blockquote>Quote from shaken on May 15, 2012, 22:13
    Bugg out, Heath Shaw in.

Quite a few people doing this - does that mean Shaw will come up with a bizarre way to get suspended this week or does reversible trades means Heater couldn't possibly invent any more new and exciting ways to miss multiple games...

2. Dekka

Dekka Member

I've gone with Bugg as I can getter a better premium for less cash (obviously!) and will keep Ellis as a sub. The DDD (double defensive downgrades) worry me in that if you make two of them and then you have to trade them out later for premiums, you've used 4 trades. And let's face it, the defenders aren't exactly ripping it up at the moment.

3. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I gotta keep bugg my backline is too thin to flick him atm.

4. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Bugg gone for me. Gains an extra 100k right now which can be used for upgrades whenever needed. I also see Ellis with better long term JS, so for mine will be more useful in covering doughnuts later in the year than Bugg who probably only has another 7-8 games left in him for the season. Morris can slow burn a bit longer and go in round 13 for a rnd 11 or 12 premo.

5. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Fez Cam Deaney is a raw halfback flanker who is good on the re-bound. Would suggest his JS is hinged on Scott McMahon coming back in which will be as soon as he gets over his hives. Look elsewhere is my best advice.

6. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

one way to look at Ellis is that all we really need is for him to cover bye rounds 11 and 12.
    Meanwhile his price wont waver much; bugg brings better cash on the trade, another reason to dump him now ahead of Ellis. Extra cash a big part of things, its the dif between gablett and most other midfielders...

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Ellis, Bugg OUT

Spurr, Birchall IN

Round 13 Bye looks scary though.

8. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ellis, Bugg OUT

Spurr, Rance IN

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Who has better Job Security? And why? Spurr or Brennan? Or both good or both bad? Need to know!

10. Tango

Tango New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on May 16, 2012, 22:11
    Who has better Job Security? And why? Spurr or Brennan? Or both good or both bad? Need to know!</blockquote>

I'd say Spurr. He's a mature ager (24) and seems to be a decent size. Hi Freo bio says he can play a variety of positions as well, but that could also mean he cops the green vest on occasion. I guess it's all part of the rookie lottery we all play when we downgrade.

11. purple_haze

purple_haze New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on May 16, 2012, 22:11
    Who has better Job Security? And why? Spurr or Brennan? Or both good or both bad? Need to know!</blockquote>

I'd say Spurr but only marginally. The pending return of Nick Suban is a worry.

FWIW don't see the point in downgrading Ellis for &#36;100k. Hold til his bye and by then the 2 will be out of his rolling average.

12. traviso

traviso Active Member

@swalloitdown I watched the Doggies - North game on the weekend. Which North defender looked like they busted up their shoulder in the last quarter? Could give him a couple of weeks more security?

Spurr and Brennan both have the same issues experienced guys coming back as well. Just they have mature age on their side.

Another Brennan/Delaney -'ve is they are both Rd 11 though best JS would win it for me. At the moment i'm Spurr but either of the others could come into it depending on what the coaches and team selections say.

13. The_General

The_General Member

My issue is that there are no changes to Richmond's team. who gets the vest this week then if Ellis doesn't. Another sub affected score and I can't see him increasing his price prior to the bye.

14. J_C

J_C Guest

Personally I chose to upgrade Ellis this week. He appears to have shaky JS and is a constant vest concern. Plus his price will be affected for a while because of last weeks 2. If he gets the vest again and/or rested in the coming weeks you might be stuck with him for a long time.

I understand the argument for Bugg, but he was less of a concern for me because he'll still be the same price next week.

15. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

I was going to get rid of Ellis this week but see he's not on the bench (although I got screwed on that last week) but traded Bugg and Dvon Smith for Zaha and Cam Delaney in the end. Starting to tone down the GWS presence in my team, partly because of the bye round coming up and partly coz of Sheedy's rotation system. Looking to ditch Ellis and Morris soon, too, as I have too many tigers in my team.

16. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Bugg was already going and the fact that he's been dumped this week makes the decision that much easier.

Bugg to Goddard for 150.