The Great Gaz Debate

Discussion in 'AFL' started by homerj, May 16, 2012.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I've already done the trade in DT and I'm happy with it. My only worry is his fitness. I just hope he is better for the run and plays predominantly in midfield from here on in.

2. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Didnt trade him. Never trade the SC freaks and, for mine, he's in a league of his own on that one.

3. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Won't put the C on him this week, but he's still the #1 SC player

4. WillS

WillS Member

@gogonz That's the mindset I had last week and I put the C on Pendlebury instead.

Didn't work out so well...

5. thegob

thegob New Member

not sure what the discussion on this is anymore really. Question marks existed last week but he is through the worst of it. Cant see why its not business as usual for Gaz and SC from now on

6. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from thegob on May 17, 2012, 15:42
    not sure what the discussion on this is anymore really. Question marks existed last week but he is through the worst of it. Cant see why its not business as usual for Gaz and SC from now on</blockquote>

+1

7. whips

whips New Member

I traded Gaz out and thought I'd wait for him to drop in value to get him back in.
    Since then, my captaincy choices have been awful.
    Welcome back permacap.

8. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Not really sure why people traded him out to be honest, and it sounds like a lot did.

He was never going to drop a lot of value because he still scored highly in the game he got injured.

Maybe if you thought the injury would drag on, but they said 2 weeks and he missed 2 weeks. For mine you should only trade out premiums if it's 3 or more weeks.

9. purple_haze

purple_haze New Member

I traded him out for a number of reasons but mainly as it had all the hallmarks of the great Sandi debacle of 2011 and I had just been burnt by Mumford's 1 week to 1 month back injury. The incident didn't look good and Solomon's comments on SEN didn't help. A sideways to Pendles and &#36;100k was a juicy offer at the time too.

I'm not convinced moving him on was a poor decision at this point. Although my view on this may change after this weekend.

10. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

noone had any idea when he'd come back