Brent Stanton vs. Josh P Kennedy vs. Scott Thompson

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Obsession, May 19, 2012.

1. Obsession

Obsession New Member

If you could trade in one of the three, who would you?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Stanton, Thompson & then bit of gap to JPK.

3. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Ray Farren

4. 82asch

82asch New Member

Thompson. Smashed the Cats on the weekend and is criminally underrated.

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Thompson or JPK in my opinion, stanton to easily tagged out of it

6. jibba

jibba Member

Thompson, Stanton, JPK
    Thompson has the best draw from memory

7. jb

jb New Member

Crows have Blues, Pies, Freo, Bye. Not that easy.
    Stants run is far easier Tiges, GWS, Melb, Syd, Bye

8. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

JPK because he can tear opponents apart and plays better against the good opponents. Scotty Thompson is also quite good but Stants, as was said above, is too easily tagged out

9. DC

DC Member

Still fairly early in the season to say Stants gets tagged out too easy. Ill be waiting a few more games to see if he is the real deal or not this year 'SC Wise'

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Not sure when people will start admitting that he is the real deal this season. But i guess they are just losing tons of points with their stubboness.

11. malbi

malbi Member

If they keep in the top 6 midfielders for the rest of the season then I would get all three.

12. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

<blockquote>Quote from DC on May 19, 2012, 11:30
    Still fairly early in the season to say Stants gets tagged out too easy. Ill be waiting a few more games to see if he is the real deal or not this year 'SC Wise'</blockquote>

x2

13. silacious

silacious New Member

@stkildathunda I'm convinced for sure, just wanted to play it safe and grab GAJ last week so i can rest easy. I'm hoping to jump on stanton this week if he's not rested. His scores are too big to ignore. Taggers usually take Watson anyway. He seems to have the endurance to get around the ground and pick up possies

14. Corks

Corks Member

Stanton is driving me nuts this year...had him in my prelim side for ages, was talking him up, then left him out at the last minute for Duckwood. Didn't expect him to punch out the massive numbers he is, but always thought he was a far better player than many (Essendon) supporters gave him credit for.

Now I'm being shear bloody-minded, but I can't bring myself to trade him into my side at &#36;640k, &#36;100k more than when I had himn on my radar. I know its head vs heart...but this is SuperCoach. Never chase a lost opportunity (and yes, I traded Fyfe to Cloke, not Sidebottom, hence Sidebottom has averaged 100ppg more than Cloke since then).

I'm sort of hoping he has a couple of bad ones in the lead up to the Bye and drops back to an acceptable sub-&#36;600k.

JPK in this week for me. Just looks like he'll get 120-140 week in week out.

15. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Stanton played an average game on the weekend against Richmond, but still had 30 touches and kicked 3 goals.

And many of those touches and goals (apart from a bullshit free to him and against Maric) were a result of hard work and hard running.

The guy is playing a SC friendly style of game in a team that is topping the SC scoring thus far. For mine, not only the real deal, but a must-own.

16. Seabass

Seabass New Member

The only potential problem with Stants is Rd 23, aka Supercoach Grand Final week, the bombers play collingwood - and we all know how Stants scored against them last time. Could be a heartbreaker.

But for overall you're probably shooting yourself in the foot by not having him.

17. Seabass

Seabass New Member

@ silacious, I wouldn't be surprised if in the coming weeks opposition coaches try the same tactic on Stanton as they've done with Murphy and Carlton - namely give up on trying to curtail Watson's influence and really focus on Stanton. Even before Murphy got injured it was paying off bigtime.

18. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

This isn’t going to make a lot of sense but hell, not much I say does so here goes..
    I don’t have him (STANTS), and don’t have plans to get him (unless MURPHY ends up being 5+ weeks).. but reckon Stanton is the real deal and ppl should get on board ASAP.. Clearly has gone to another level this year and looks to be running in the rare pendles/gaz territory of elite elite MID… My problem is I just can’t fit him in my MIDS (already have JSELWOOD, WATSON, PENDLES, MURPHY, HAYES, and GAJ to come this week) but 8 weeks = writing on the wall ppl!
    That being said I’m a one eyed Essendon man so my 2cents are worth just about that.

19. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

It's funny how everybody was so sure that the top mids this year would be Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Murphy, Selwood and Watson. Yet here we are 8 rounds down and only 1 of those players sits in the top 5 mids (3 in the top 10).

Most of us were caught out by the rise of Stanton, Kennedy and Thompson. I wish I had them all but I currently have none and will just have to hope they start getting tagged.

20. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Can add Sidebottom and Danger to that list Swert, certainly makes SC more interesting having some new faces to the list of premiums and elite.