Murphy trade???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Noswal_Mit, May 21, 2012.

1. Noswal_Mit

Noswal_Mit New Member

Just saw Murphy go down looks like at least 4 weeks who to bring in for him now what are our options?

2. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Ablett for me. Utterly destroys my trading plans though.

3. Moblets

Moblets New Member

ac joint looks like. Ouch. i don't have him but was keen on grabbing him shortly due to the price drop. may be 6 weeks!

4. Muppets

Muppets Member

Will wait on the diagnosis but hoping for AC joint sprain as could only be a couple. If it's a broken collarbone then will be forced into a trade. That will be frustrating as he will only be worth about $500K now and I was planning only 1-2 downgrade trades before the byes to stockpile some money for upgrades through the MBR's.

5. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

With Treloar and Adams on the bench I think I'll keep him and just cop it. I've made the mistake of trading out premiums far too often. Although if it's 6-8+ weeks, I may have to reconsider. Shocking season for injuries, although while I'm scoring 2400 I won't be complaining!

6. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I have just posted the same on the Round 8 Review.

Will be very disappointing whether it's a short or long term injury for those of us who hold him. Coming off disappointing scores in the previous two rounds where he was effectively tagged out of both games, both the injury and score this week compounds our issues.

His price will plummet from a season starting price of 640k to a miserable low of 504k after losing about 65k this week. A short term or negligible injury and he'll be ripe for the picking by those who don't have him (and are content he'll bounce back), a longer term injury and we're left with a 'hold or sell at a considerable loss' decision to make.

7. Dino

Dino New Member

Makes a mess of my trading plans too. Gaz comes in this week for me either way and not sure what to do next. Can go Murphy to Zorko or do a sideways. Was hoping to get Sidebottom or Danger in this week, but oh well.

8. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Murph to danger if its long term, if short term gonna hold him on my bench and get danger in for shiel.

9. Philzsay

Philzsay New Member

And I have Swan as well. Yay for me! Just when I thought I could start to upgrade instead of covering for injuries...

10. thegob

thegob New Member

after his next 2 games back Murphy's score will be around $450k! Supercheap for those without him. Dal Santo next week @$480k and Murphy whenever he has payed another 2 and that fills the mids fantastically. Awful for those with him, great for those without, thats why SC is sooo good, an emotional roller coaster.