Murphy Update - What will you do?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dirty Dog, May 22, 2012.

1. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Toby Greene getting suspended?? Ahh My team is getting mowed down!!!

2. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Trade

3. Philzsay

Philzsay New Member

Just to add salt onto the wounds I just realised we can also throw using Murphy for the Rd 12 Vice Captain loophole out the window as well now!

4. whips

whips New Member

Gotta trade.
    But with all these bullets getting shot around, it places a big slow on the upgrade strategies.
    E.g. Ellis should have been traded out by now but he's now staying until Rd 13. Magner similar, must stay until Rd 12.
    The so called strategy has become "wait for the bullet and then fix as close to your original strategy as possible".

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Carlton FC ?@Carlton_FC

Murphy had operation and did not require screw to repair shoulder. Will be in sling for 4 weeks and will miss 8 to 10 weeks

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

All I can say is, lucky he was due to bottom out next week, rather than last week.

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Would be interesting to see the difference between his injury and Ben Johnson's (Johnno expected to miss rest of the season)

8. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Afl.com.au states he may be out till round 20

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Then a few VFL games like Johnno would have, and he'd be struggling to be back to full match touch by finals. A savage blow for the Blues, and I don't mean to be laughing at his misfortune.

It's not his go to be in and getting the hard ball but he did it anyway, the mark of a true champ trying to get in and lift the team by his example.

It would mean a lot more for teams to beat the Blues with Murphy. Without it, it cheapens a win, because you can always offer the excuse.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. Hope Murphy comes back at the right time, and not like Fyfe with that "comeback" that was never going to last.

10. obleex

obleex New Member

Anyone think tanking the punt on Dal Santo is worth a go? 480 geez that's cheap for a quality mid who's just had a quiet start!!

11. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Latest estimate seems to be 12 weeks, so Hornsy was pretty close to the mark :)

Any consideration being given to Judd? He may lift as a result.

12. Tango

Tango New Member

Geez TiB, this was supposed to be the year where Juddy didn't have to carry the rest of Carlton :D Always a solid pick and has Melbourne and Port Adelaide to come, plus the 87 against Freo moves out of his price cycle this week so he's due to go up in price. But he does have 4 tough weeks either side of his Round 13 bye playing against Geelong at home, West Coast away, Hawthorn and Collingwood both the 'G. On their current form, I see the Blues losing at least 3 of these pretty handily, so there's always the pie consideration.

Anyone thinking of the Rocklobster or Boyd for slightly cheaper options than Stanton, Thompson etc? A bit of a rollercoaster ride with Rocklobster, but can go very large. Boyd your more consistent scorer, but less likely to put down a monster game.

13. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from obleex on May 22, 2012, 20:55
    Anyone think tanking the punt on Dal Santo is worth a go? 480 geez that's cheap for a quality mid who's just had a quiet start!!</blockquote>

Same bye, and you make 25k out of the deal. Sounds good to me. NDS can find form and start going large again...can't he?!?

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I want the top echelon for my midfield.

NDS gets tagged out of games way to easily and way too often to be up there.

15. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

On NDS: think partially his lower scores this year are due to a change of coach and game style at the Saints - if that's the case that isn't going to change so his fall from premium status might well be permanent. I'm trading Murphy this week (obviously) but no rd 13 bye candidates stand out - Cotchin possibly but in the end I'll bite the bullet and get in JSelwood and eat the donut in rd 12 as I have Thompson and Watson as well.

16. Muppets

Muppets Member

NDS is a strong consideration for me but I'm worried I'm just being a tight@rse. He's a proven performer over past years but someone like Thompson is killing it now and I plan on getting him in at some point anyway. I'd rather I didn't have to make this decision.

17. shanaz

shanaz New Member

Real tough decision.. Will Judd lift and get more of the pie in Murphy's absence or will he succumb to a heavier tag as a result. In that case no other round 13 bye players stand out.
    NDS has shown nothing so far to suggest he will reach the form of previous years, so one would be a brave man to trade him in.

Personally im inclined to trade in Thompson, as i have 2 other round 11 bye players in gws, however one of them should go before the bye. Tough as i need to bring pendles in too, but will have 2 donuts in the midfield during round 12 if i do.
    A tough situation for anyone!

18. WillS

WillS Member

@obleex -

I will be bringing in NDS this week as an upgrade. I think he's great value with a 46 to drop out of his 3 game average this week. He's still averaging over 100ppg including that one terrible score, and he's priced at 89ppg. May not average as high as he has previously, but still a value pick for mine. Doesn't like a hard tag though does he? Potential to go huge if let off the chain however.

Depends on what you expect to get out of him for the rest of the year. M1 or M7?

Bad games vs Freo & Hawthorn - but he doesn't have to play them again this year.

On Judd - he has handled heavy tags before. Hard to knock one of the true champs of the game.
    Can't see him being a bad pick.

Edit: NDS Will probably suffer an LTI now that I have traded him in. Trade at your peril.

19. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ive traded him for Andrew Swallow.

Leaves me with a midfield of Ablett, Pendles, Thompson, the two Selwoods, Magner and JMac.

Thinking of reversing the trade and putting in Boyd instead.

Thoughts?