The Mullet: Big Ivan Maric

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, May 22, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Big IVAN has been great this year. As is suggested in another topic, he could be in All-Australian form. To those that have had him in SC from the beginning, kudos to you guys. I didn't have the guts to have a mid-pricer and a rookie(Giles). In SuperCoach terms, I think he is a premium ruckman. He has had one poor score (67) and the rest have been higher than 91. Last 5 weeks he has scored a hundred. My question is, Is Ivan a good upgrade target? When you're talking about these types of players, he doesn't matter what the price is. I am thinking of Giles to Maric in the next couple of weeks. Is he worth the upgrade?

2. leb17

leb17 New Member

Its an interesting point, he's the 3rd highest ruckman on points, and 5th on total average. His 5 round average is nearly 120 and 3 round average nearly 130. he is in sensational form, will play every game (barring injury), and play the number one ruck role that is conducive to point scoring. Theres alot of positives there, and i'll consider him when i look to upgrade giles. However, i dont have sandilands, so i will be getting him in most likely.

3. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

My starting rucks were Maric - Giles - Redden - Jenkins,
    still kicking myself for trading out the gameless Jenkins for Billy Longer in round 5 coz couldn't see jenkins getting a game & didn't want any rookie on the pine not earning,
    then the following round Mckernan get's suspended, in comes Jenkins, proves himself & now projected to earn 200k over next 3 rounds,
    but aside from that big regret, happy with the starting ruck setup of 0/1/3
    the money saved allowed for an extra premium midfielder & has kept me scoring well in main league.
    Am absolutely stoked with starting Ivan as my cheap ruck 1.

4. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Fidel: Maric's a great get and I guess you must have figured out he didn't have much competition for the no. 1 ruck spot at the Tigers? That's one of those selections that looks so obvious unfortunately after the fact. Nice work.

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Thnx m8,
    had huge wraps on Maric preseason but was new here at the time so my opinion didn't count for much then lol.

6. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Tossed up between Kruezer, Hale & Maric for weeks. Picked the worst of all 3 possibilities.

7. gnewitt

gnewitt New Member

I went Maric, Giles, Redden & Stephenson. Likewise been pleased with how it's turned out so far.
    Have burnt a trade on Redden -> Jenkins this week as I don't trust Stephenson to be playing Round 13.
    Of course, Jenkins is no certainty either....

8. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

I think Maric is still a great option if you want to bring in a premium ruck. Just has no internal competition at Tigerland and rucks hard all day, picking up ground level points as well hit-outs.

Also guys, check out

www.aflaftermath.com.au

we are SuperCoach brokers and give a write up each week of the Bulls & Bears of the SuperCoach stock market!

Cheers

The Wolf

9. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

I'm cursing I didn't start with him, or get him in early. If you did good on you coz he is absolute gold at the moment. Surely with Richmond's easy second half of the season he should come home strong too

10. TigersTooTough

I decided to bring him in this week for Giles and have the IVAN Nic Nat combo. 146 is a great return

11. Muppets

Muppets Member

Wolf, we get it. I'm getting close to avoiding your site out of spite.

On topic, I think Ivan is a definite upgrade target and the Tiges have a good draw in the second half. Not sure how certain I would be on him yet cos it's not a decision I will be making on my rucks for t least 5 weeks.

12. pendles_05

pendles_05 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Astro39 on May 21, 2012, 22:55
    Fidel: Maric's a great get and I guess you must have figured out he didn't have much competition for the no. 1 ruck spot at the Tigers? That's one of those selections that looks so obvious unfortunately after the fact. Nice work. </blockquote>

I made this point on here before the season started and got donuts back from everyone...

13. TigersTooTough

<blockquote>Quote from pendles_05 on May 27, 2012, 19:54
    <blockquote>Quote from Astro39 on May 21, 2012, 22:55
    Fidel: Maric's a great get and I guess you must have figured out he didn't have much competition for the no. 1 ruck spot at the Tigers? That's one of those selections that looks so obvious unfortunately after the fact. Nice work. </blockquote>

I made this point on here before the season started and got donuts back from everyone...
    </blockquote>

Well then, you deserve some recognition. Good stuff!!! :)

14. jb

jb New Member

Based on his history - how could you have been that confident with him? Other than 'only ruck they have' which wasnt entirely accurate, his last few years averages of 70, 67, 54, 72 were hardly show stoppers like his current hair do. Great leap of faith to you lot, well done.