Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. kram

kram Member

Cheers Swalloitdown, good option but my concerns there are two crows in ruck and whether Jenkins keeps his spot when Mckernan comes back. Maybe a trade with Jacobs so the end result is a Sandi/Giles combo. Giles is going just as well as Jacobs and I could bring in Mumford later

2. Josh

Josh New Member

If murphy is only out for 3-4 weeks, keeping in mind all the money he has lost, do you trade him?

3. herb

herb New Member

Anyone know how long Swanny out for. If only playing for leagues, how many weeks can you have him sitting on the pine

4. Fez

Fez Moderator

Apparently Swan will b back round 13, I'm trading Murphy to Ablett and Magner to Zorko , looks like Murphy can't handle a tag

5. Seabass

Seabass New Member

stkildathunda just posted this on the swan & pendles thread:

Dane Swan to miss two weeks

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/136434/default.aspx

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Greene has almost made his BE and is likely suspended so will go Greene to Zorko and then Murphy to Ablett!

Bloody hard to even think about byes with all the bullets flying around!

7. guesswork

guesswork Member

With the nibbles for Jenkins, I was wondering what his JS is like. McKernan and Taylor Walker to come back in. Yep he looks the goods but where would they play Jenkins then and how would that effect his scoring?

8. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Hearing allot of love for getting in Zaha (ESS) this week (for some1 like porps) but have not heard cremeri's name mentioned as yet? Hes 25k cheaper @ 485k. He has tonned up 6 rounds of 8 so far this season (+ an 80 and 40 odd), doesn’t have a massive points ceiling but is a consistent 100 PPG performer.
    He marks well, kicks goals, and looks dangerous week in week out and being owner by less than 3% of teams is a massive POD – I’m tempted, what are people’s thoughts?

9. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from guesswork on May 21, 2012, 20:58
    With the nibbles for Jenkins, I was wondering what his JS is like. McKernan and Taylor Walker to come back in. Yep he looks the goods but where would they play Jenkins then and how would that effect his scoring?</blockquote>

Waste of a trade, even if he is the best ruck cow in history (OK, I exagerate) - you have to have the trades up your sleeve and a very very clear plan of how and when you are going to upgrade him. He would have to make &#36;200k to justify just the first trade, and another &#36;200k on top of that to justify the second. Only situation I can foresee he might pay off in terms of trading is if you have a forward/ruck like Hale/Roughy you intend to swap from the forwards to the rucks to cash him in. IMO you'll have to be certain he will make it to &#36;400k at least by X round in which case you'll be short on trades anyway and probably have to stick with him come what may.

Obviously this would be a totally different situation if he was a forward/back/mid.

Having said all that given I've talked him down he'll probably average 120 + for the rest of the season and make AA.

Edit: reread this and haven't made my thoughts clear as have been awake since 3 am and now a few beers in. Would add depends on your ruck structure - if, for example, you have 2 premo rucks there's no point in getting him in because unless you have forward/ruck dpp link you will be actually wasting THREE trades on him. If you have 1 primo and players like Giles/Oren/Redden (a structure many have) also think the trade pointless as Oren will likely now play more for the Cats given his performance on the weekend, Redden is also likely to play between now and the end of the season and Giles is still a long way from mooing and might well be a keeper anyway: if you swap Jenkins for Redden/Oren you are still probably going to waste 3 trades - 1 to get him in, 1 to trade him out and another to upgrade someone else in forwards/backs/mids wherever. So, no not a good trade all in all. A pity because the boy can play and would be fun to have in a SC squad.

10. Philzsay

Philzsay New Member

<blockquote>Quote from 22nd_best_on_Field on May 21, 2012, 21:14
    Hearing allot of love for getting in Zaha (ESS) this week (for some1 like porps) but have not heard cremeri's name mentioned as yet? Hes 25k cheaper @ 485k. He has tonned up 6 rounds of 8 so far this season (+ an 80 and 40 odd), doesn’t have a massive points ceiling but is a consistent 100 PPG performer.
    He marks well, kicks goals, and looks dangerous week in week out and being owner by less than 3&#37; of teams is a massive POD – I’m tempted, what are people’s thoughts?
    </blockquote>

I'd wait at least until the teams are named I reckon he would be a chance to be rested against GWS. Has been overcoming niggling injuries and almost rested a couple of weeks ago but played due to Hurley being out (IMO), so would not surprise if they give him a week off.

Otherwise an interesting POD, I still think he will have the occasional 40ish score especially if the Bombers drop off in form a bit but may be able to average around the 95 mark overall.

11. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I'm thinking Magner to Zorko & then Mohr/Morris/Ellis to Duffield. I'd prefer Waters (WCE) as Hurn gets all the attention but just can't trust his body, think Duffield is a nice consistent 90+ each week.

12. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Lock Waters in. I've had him as a POD since the start and he has been gold.

I'm probably going to go Magner to Zorko and Shiel to Boyd at this stage.

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

Looking at a Rd 11 Defender for Ellis....

Waters Ave 99
    S Thompson Ave 97
    Hurn Ave 95
    Pearce Hanley Ave 90

Thinking Hanley....thoughts?

14. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

I've got the Murphy dilemma to deal with. However, I haven't done any upgrades as yet as I've been burning trades to deal with injuries (Fyfe, Goodes, Ablett's knee and I still have Mumford on the bench). What is the better trade - Zorko IN or get two premiums?

Option 1:
    Murphy OUT - Ablett IN
    Greene OUT - Zorko IN

Option 2:
    Murphy OUT - Ablett IN
    Greene OUT - Cotchin IN

Or get rid of Ellis who has burned me on my backline?

Opinions welcome

15. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

hack_pwn - what does the rest of your lineup look like?

Also - not sure about Cotchin as a year-long mid premium.

16. bfish

bfish New Member

Planning on only Porps (f8) to Zorko at this stage and next week MOrris to Darley and Smith/Old Mac to Ablett. Would allow me to start get through to they byes with some chance of minimal damage. Darley concerns me though due to his JS and would need to start one of Spurr, Darley or Ellis until the byes. Currently sitting in top 300 so want to have a crack at overall and think you need Gazza.Only other downgrades coming along that I can see in immediate future may be Gibson (kangas) and hopefully Shaw (crows). Couch maybe? Tom Mitchell from Swans has played a few in the ressies.

17. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

<blockquote>Quote from chris88 on May 22, 2012, 10:14
    hack_pwn - what does the rest of your lineup look like?

Also - not sure about Cotchin as a year-long mid premium. </blockquote>

DEF: Goddard - Deledio - Scotland - Birchall - Bugg - Mohr - Morris - Ellis - Paine
    MID: Murphy - Pendles - J. Selwood - Horsely - Greene - Shiel - C. Smith - D. Smith
    RUCK: Cox - Giles - Mumford - Redden
    FWD: Franklin - Sidebottom - ROK - D. Martin - Porplyzia - Kennedy (GWS) - Treloar - Pfeiffer - Smedts

I have &#36;475,000 in the bank too. I'm focusing on leagues too. And yes I know I have 4 RND 13 bye players but I'm planning on tanking that round in my leagues.

Cheers.

18. chris88

Hey hack_pwn - reckon its definitely time to upgrade.

Plenty of room to do so, and you've got money to burn.

I'd go Murphy to Ablett for sure. But it probably means you need to downgrade Greene or one of your defenders to free up some cash for next week where you might be able to do a double upgrade.

Zorko is the obvious option - so maybe Greene for Zorko as you suggest is a good move. From there maybe upgrading Bugg and Shiel or D Smith should be your priorities, as by next week (if they play) all will be just on or very close to their peak prices.

19. Josh

Josh New Member

Hack_pwn, I'd probably go option one and then upgrade bugg and/or smith in the coming weeks!

My dilemma, is the saying 'sell high, buy low' still valid? Obviously Stanton, Thompson and co. are playing well but then I look at Mitchell and Dal Santo and think they can't be too far away from hitting some bigger scores.. I have to choose someone to trade in for Murphy, but I can't decide. Mitchell or Dal would give me more upgrade options next week, but I guess the less risk approach is someone like Watson (but is it only a matter of time before his hammy goes ping?)..

Looking at something like,

Coniglio to zorko and Murphy to midfield premium..

I hate supercoach!!!

20. chris88

Josh - you have to walk the tightrope between picking the best guy and picking the best guy at a good price.

There are some exceptions - Ablett for example - but in looking to replace Murphy you may not be able to afford him (or trading him in might really dent your trading strategies)

If that's the case, then you need to consider someone slightly cheaper, knowing they won't produce Ablett numbers.

Mitchell is one option next week, NDS another. Priddis in about 2 weeks.

But guys like Stanton and the like have the runs on the board - sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and say: "I'm going to have to pay a premium for premium scores".

I bought in Buddy and Dangermouse this week. I have paid a premium for them but I had the money to do so and was comfy doing so. Bringing them in last week would have saved me &#36;40K but would've compromised my trade strategy, so I had to decide whether I was willing to wear the cost, pay a premium and stick to my strategy, or deviate from it.

I chose Option 1 and was comfy with that - and that's the key - YOU have to be comfy with the decision.