Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

I was thinking of going M.Murphy to Zorko and A.Kennedy to Zaharakis this week. Then Coniglio to Dal Santo next week. Is this a good idea?

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

And now that Greene has been suspended for a week - it might be time for him to go!

3. Josh

Josh New Member

Thanks Chris, I'll probably go to Thompson at this stage and get a value mid in next week for Smith. How much easier would it be if he didn't lose 70k this week!!

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Magner to Gazza for me. Was going to be Murphy. As well as Morris to Scotland, but that will have to wait.

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Also re Waters, I'd wait til after round 11 and dg a Richmond defender.

6. chris88

TopHeavy - spot on re Waters. Morris is still hanging on in terms of his value ... might be worth waiting.

Josh - that's not bad thinking. And Mr Thompson is, I'd argue, still underpriced. Having a great season. But Murphy's points loss is a shit.

7. chris88

The other thing too - many people looking to downgrade to Zorko this week (and rightly so) or Josh Jenkins.

A concern with Josh is job security with Shaun McKernan in the wings.

Another thought is this - Sam Darley scored 80 in his first game as a defender for GWS on the weekend. Might be a very very handy trade down or trade in option in defence for a guy like Morris or Mohr when he is on the bubble - especially if it means you can avoid a bye by upgrading another player around that time.

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from chris88 on May 22, 2012, 14:36
    Another thought is this - Sam Darley scored 80 in his first game as a defender for GWS on the weekend. Might be a very very handy trade down or trade in option in defence for a guy like Morris or Mohr when he is on the bubble - especially if it means you can avoid a bye by upgrading another player around that time.</blockquote>

Couldn't agree more. After studying the stats page, Darley is my only hope in terms of defensive downgrades. I have to start offloading them soon to combat BYE issues (Clarke, Dempsey, Morris, Bugg).

Already went Ellis to Goddard last week so happy with that.

I'm really struggling on a trade this week, but need to downgrade to free up cash for next week, and Zorko is my only option (Have Big O and Redden in rucks so pointless offloading those for Jenkins).

Who should I downgrade to Zorko out of the following:
    MIDs - Jmac (maybe he's injured?)
    FWDs - Milera, Porps, D.Smith

I know none of those players are close to moo'ing, but they are closer than my other rookies! I need to make a move now I feel, as apart from Darley...there isn't much else in the short term.

I have identified a few possibilities (Shaw, Miles, Buntine, Walsh) but it is way too early to put any serious thought in these guys - let alone count on them to become options anytime soon.

Help please?

9. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

If ellis is not named, i will go magner > zorko and porpoise > danger. If he is named, will go ellis > darley instead of getting danger.

10. Quantum

Quantum New Member

HDons i would go Porps of that bunch as he has pretty much moo'd. Thats what i have done this week, gone porps to Zorko and Cameron to Danger.

Of course this is all pending team selection

11. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

Greene out Gaj in
    C Smith out Zorko in
    I know Smith hasn't mooed yet but I don't think he ever will.

12. Muppets

Muppets Member

I've gotta deal with Murphy. I feel I've got 3 options at this stage:

1) trade him to Zorko and bank the cash for upgrading through the byes.
    2) trade him to NDS cos he's good value and a proven performer. Magner to Zorko for cash for byes.
    3) trade him to best mid available (can afford any). Magner to Zorko.

Can't work out which is the best option. Leagues my only concern.

13. simong

simong New Member

I want to bring in Zorko, however am tossing up between the following too who have probably MOO'd as much as they can in time for a Zorko trade:

1) Porps -> Zorko
    2) A Kennedy > Zorko

I don't need an DPP link as I already have D Smith in the Mids and a number of FWDs linked up.

Thoughts?

14. chris88

H_Dons - Quantum is spot on re Porps.

Also - trading Smith out wouldn't be the worst move if you want to hold Porps. You miss out on a price jump this week, but you still make some cash ... and you get to keep Porps.

But Porps is the best option in terms of him being almost at his peak

15. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Probably looking at
    murphy to sidebottom
    goodes to zaharakis (GWS and Melb) next 2 weeks

With both of these to go in the fwd line once i get gazza in the next week or two

Or

Murphy to ablett (Get him in now!!)
    goodes to zorko

Then next week get rid of porplyzia for sidebottom (problem is sidebottom is ripping me a new one everytime i choose some one else instead)

16. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I'm unsure what to do, as I need to get rid of Murphy and I only have &#36;11,400 in the bank. Money to be made on 2 rookies this week and not sure if I should go 1 upgrade/1 downgrade this week (though I would miss out on Zorko or Jenkins) or double downgrade this week to get both, and then double upgrade next week.

This is my team:

Defense: Deledio, Goddard, Birchall, Lake, Clarke, Townsend, Delaney (Ellis, Darley)

Mid: Pendlebury, Watson, Boyd, Ablett, Murphy, Magner (Horsley, McDonald)

Ruck: Cox, Sandiland (Giles, Redden)

Forwards: Franklin, Sidebottom, Cloke, Martin, Treolar, Adams, Dickson (Smedts, Hall)

Option 1: Murphy to Zorko and Giles to Jenkins and next week upgrade Magner to someone like Thompson or Stanton and upgrade one of my forwards to someone like Dangerfield

Option 2:1 upgrade/1 downgrade which would be Magner to Zorko and upgrade Murphy to a Stanton, Thompson or even Dangerfield (who I can then move to the forward line at a later stage)

I think my main dilemna is whether I should try get both Jenkins and Zorko. Not many rookie ruckman come around and it's whether I want Giles on my bench as a very good emergency or try make some coin off Giles.

Any other suggestions, feel free to add.

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Thanks for your opinions guys. As Quantum said, it does still depend on team selection.

I hate culling cows before they are ready...but I feel it might be necessary with minimal bubbles on the short term horizon, and lots of rookies about to moo and BYE's to plan for.

Speaking of which, just realised my MIDs are screwed for round 12 (I have Selwood, Pendles, Watson, Barlow).

So it gave me an idea. Since I will want to offload at least 1 of those players anyway, perhaps I downgrade Barlow to Zorko?

That way I can wait another week and get more cash value out of D.Smith and Porps. Or I can upgrade Porps to one of the various worthy candidates (Zaha, Sidey etc.). And then in the following week I can upgrade/downgrade my other forwards and avoid a donut.

18. chris88

H_Dons - Barlow is at a price where a decision like that can be considered for sure (just quietly, Barlow became Dangerfield for me this week).

Maybe a decent option there.

HotPies - the concern with Jenkins is that he might be under the pump from McKernan. McKernan was suspended for a week, and missed last week because Jenkins played well ... but you'd think that if the Crows lose, or their team looks unbalanced, Jenkins would be the first to go.

Also, given you have Horsley in your side, you could conceivably wait a week on Murphy as well to see if a cash cow hits their peak or if a premium drops in price. But that might not be ideal.

19. Dekka

Dekka Member

HPCD - Murphy to Danger, Giles to Jenkins. Strengthen your team and use the Giles money for future upgrade of one of your cows - too much money and points sitting on the bench.

20. petefisker

petefisker New Member

Hey fellas,
    As many others i did the Ablett to Murphy trade a fornight ago and has ruined by team.
    Can bring ablett back, but only through a double trade, and with 14 trades left, i can't afford to do it.

already have danger, pendles,sidbum,boyd, stanton etc

So Murphy to Sammy Mitchell is what im going to do.
    Mitchell's BE is 97 i think, and with richmond, Brisbane, North, Port coming up , he could bring some solid scores in. Plus i have no RD13 Bye round players in my mid. SO think it a good option.
    Go for it or do the double trade to bring in gaz?
    Cheers