Jenkins or Zorko?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, May 25, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

If you could only grab one of these cash cows who would you get? Both appear to have decent job security, Jenkins even more so I'd say as Adelaide are injury free and he's still in and has played a great role in the Crows two biggest wins of the season. Zorko could be in and out.

Zorko may have a higher ceiling in terms of big scores, but I can see Jenkins being a lot more consistent.

Also Jenkins will never be sub, where as there will always be the risk with Zorko.

I can't shake the feeling that Jenkins could be another Giles or Zac Smith, and I definitely don't want to miss out on that.

Even though it may seem like I've answered my own question, I'd love to hear other opinions as I am still a way from deciding. Cheers.

2. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

Taylor Walker back from suspension next week means a massive question mark over Jenkins' job security. I want the cash by downgrading to him but he's just not going to play enough games.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Hasnt Jenkins already played a game with Walker in the side?

4. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Havent really watched the Crows besides flicking channels and watching for 5-10, so I wouldn't know how Walker's return would affect him. Jenkins has been playing forward then I'm guessing?

5. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

Jenkins came in for the suspended McKernan against Geelong, then Walker got suspended. An ordinary game or two would see them go back to McKernan.

6. Christos

Christos New Member

He only needs 3 games to potentially make you $200K on current average. I've still got Mummy and am thinking of trading him down to Jenkins then back to Mummy or another ruck in 3-4 weeks.

7. kram

kram Member

I think Mckernan coming back is the concern. Also, isn't it reasonably common to sub a tall for a runner late in the game. I'm going Zorko as I plan to downgrade to Pattison after the byes and use Roughead as the switch if needed

8. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

Zorko.

I know I have 3 or 4 mids/forwards that need culling in the next few weeks. Already have BigO and Redden in reserve, soon enough they will be culled down to Sam Rowe for his fwd/ruck availability, and the cheapest bloke listed.

Every year there seems to be downgrade options for the entire season. I'm guessing this year will be no different.

9. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Zorko by a long way.

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from alex_naumovski on May 24, 2012, 21:38
    If you could only grab one of these cash cows who would you get? Both appear to have decent job security, Jenkins even more so I'd say as Adelaide are injury free and he's still in and has played a great role in the Crows two biggest wins of the season. Zorko could be in and out.

Zorko may have a higher ceiling in terms of big scores, but I can see Jenkins being a lot more consistent.

Also Jenkins will never be sub, where as there will always be the risk with Zorko.

I can't shake the feeling that Jenkins could be another Giles or Zac Smith, and I definitely don't want to miss out on that.

Even though it may seem like I've answered my own question, I'd love to hear other opinions as I am still a way from deciding. Cheers.</blockquote>

Sounds like you want us to talk you out of Jenkins. Go with your gut.

FWIW, ive traded Giles>Jenkins. Giles is/was my R3. If He was my R2, I'd probably would've gone Zorko.

11. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

*IF* you are using Jenkins as a cow, *AND* you have your R1 and R2 sorted out, unless you have a player with DPP link between rucks and another position, and that player is slotted in the other position not in the rucks, you are forced to downgrade Jenkins rather than having the choice of upgrading or downgrading him. And in such a scenario you'll be forced to use two trades to get another player rather than one.

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I'll be keeping Jenkins. I watched both matches he played and I feel the spot is there for his taking. Giles was the cow that mooed, and I make more &#36;&#36; doing it this week than next week (when Giles will peak &#36;wise).

Cash I make this week will allow me to make 2 trades over the next 2 weeks to upgrade my fwds (and get rid of the yet to peak GWS clan).

13. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

Guys, has to be Zorko in this debate! Jenkins looked awesome against the Blues, especially when he ran, bounced twice and goaled from 50. Looks the goods, but give me a guy who could spend time in the midfield over a big guy any day.

Jenkins is one for the future though.

Also, check out our SuperCoach website for all our tips. We are SuperCoach brokers and give you the bulls & bears of the SuperCoach stock market each week!

http://www.aflaftermath.com.au/supercoach-match-committee.html

Cheers

The Wolf

14. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Jenkins loked great in the 2 games he has played, took contested marks, kicked goals, everything you want for a KPF which is where he is playing.

He came in for suspended McKernan as mentioned, 2 games ago, and Walkers suspension means he kept his spot.

The question is when Walker comes back does he make way or does McKernan? I cant see them dropping any of their small forwards as Petrenko and Callinan have been playing very well also.

On current form Jenkins > McKernan but 1 or 2 spud games and he will be back in the SANFL.

Its a risk Giles > Jenkins x 10000 if Giles is a starter on your team. I am not even 100&#37; comfortable doing it and I have Giles at R3, with the injury carnage this year think I might enjoy having some bench cover in my rucks!!

Still ... he has played great! :)

Also was Zorko's 48 he scored a subbed affected score??

15. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Zorko's 1st game was a sub affected 16.

16. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

I did both. :-D

Taking a punt on getting some/enough points out of Jenkins or the Big O over the next couple of weeks to justify a series of trades in other lines to full premium compliment and have enough left over to also get a premium ruck back that works in the bye weeks.

Technically I have "full coverage" for the byes in RUC, but it does depend on these two guys getting a few more games.

I know, I know, very risky. :)

17. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

Jenkins score were against Geelong(73) and Carlton(95) Zorkos were against Coll (18)and GWS (100) given GWS are just kids getting 100 isn't that big a deal don't you think? Jenkins scores against 2 quality teams I'm going with Jenkins
    Just something to think about

18. ANTMAN

ANTMAN New Member

Zorko is the one to downgrade to

19. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy New Member

What about if Yeo rips it up this week