Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. traviso

traviso Active Member

i think mitchell is a good trade into for a midfielder he's cheap compared to most. he hasn't been spectacular this year but still a 109 avg? can and will he improve is the question or can you afford someone better.

my question is to bring in zorko with mitchell or thompson in the midfield for magner and coniglio or bring in scotland or shaw in the backline for morris?

any thoughts either way or other ideas. no other cows mooing in fwds/mids/def and don't want to waste trades on jenkins with questionable J/S and other problems in ruc.

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

traviso - Morris has almost mooed - not going to get much more $$ out of him. What's Coniglio's situation - I thought he still had room to grow a little more.

Think Scotland and Shaw are pretty similar. Shaw's hit a purple patch but can be tagged out of games a little. Scotland more conistent maybe - and will have the opportunity to get more possies as a knock on effect with Carrots and Murphy out (and others have to be shifted around).

It might depend on your bye situation and whether you have Rd 12 or Rd 13 problems with potential doughnuts.

3. traviso

traviso Active Member

Coniglio has hit a bit of a purple patch of form of late his BE is 23? Value is 346K due to rise around 20K. But then so are Shaw, Thompson and Mitchell (~10K?)

Guess it's a bit of a toss up. Bye situation would benefit me more having Shaw in that Scotland as with everyone in defence ;-)

Not that concerned about a few donuts over byes i think most people won't have the trades to avoid them and there may not be many downgrades to come during that period so sideways trading will just be burning trades if you are desperate to win that week.

4. gish

gish New Member

I'm thinking of Murphy>Zaharakis with a view to swinging him into the forward line in Round 11 to cover my many round 11 forwards. I can then leave him there and trade Magner to Thompson in Round 12 which will leave one mid upgrade (Horsley>Pendles?) for later on.

Bit of risk not getting a "true" mid for Murphy but it seems the best option for my team which has been decimated by injuries to premiums this year.

Will also go Cameron(?)>Zorko.

Back: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Malceski, Lake, Scotland, Morris (Ellis, Townsend)
    Mids: Murphy, Ablett, Stanton, Boyd, Selwood, Horsley (Magner, Kennedy)
    Ruck: Giles, Kruezer (O, Redden)
    Fwd: Danger, Sidey, Franklin, Martin, Porps, Treloar, Cameron (Smith, Smedts).

5. Mincho

Mincho New Member

Any help would be appreciated my side reads

Delids,Goddard,waters,Clarke,malceski,lake,mohr,Dempsey,ellis
    Stanton,pendles,Thompson,Kennedy,swan,horsley,smith,macdonald
    Gillies,kruzer,orren,redden
    Siddey,franklin,chap,Pav,Martin,props,treloar,Adams,pfeiffer
    No cash
    17 trades left

Trade thoughts...

6. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

Anyone know the chances of McIntosh coming right this week?

My rucks are:
    Kreuzer, McIntosh, Giles, Redden

Want to trade Giles or maybe Kreuzer for Jenkins to free up some cash.

Thinking double downgrade with Cameron to Zorko. Cam looks to have moo'ed. Upgrades next week.

My team:
    DEF: Deledio, Goddard, H.Shaw, Burgoyne, Lake, Bugg, Dempsey (Spurr, Paine)
    MID: Ablett, Selwood, Swan, Horsley, Cognilio, Treloar (Shiel, Magner)
    RUCK: McIntosh, Kreuzer (Giles, Redden)
    FWD: Franklin, Zaharakis, CHapman, Pavlich, Dahlhaus, Martin, Porps (Adams, Cameron)

$48,100 and 14 trades.

7. benjim

benjim New Member

Is it too late to jump on the Dangermouse?
    I can turn Milera into Dangermouse but that would mean carrying 4 donuts in the forward line in Rd 11. Other option is to hold Milera to Rd 13 and trade him out then but is it too late for Dangermouse then?

8. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Any advice on the next best step?

Defence: Deledio, Goddard, Birchall, Lake, Clarke, Townsend, Delaney (Ellis, Darley)

Mid: Pendlebury, Watson, Boyd, Ablett, Murphy, Magner (Horsley, McDonald)

Ruck: Cox, Sandiland (Jenkins, Redden)

Forwards: Franklin, Sidebottom, Cloke, Martin, Treolar, Adams, Dickson (Smedts, Hall)

I only have 1 trade left for this round, and I can afford any player out there - $825,000 trading Murphy.

1) Murphy to Dangerfield (who I will move to the forwards and use him there)
    2) Murphy to a pure midfielder who would be Stanton or Thompson
    3) Murphy to Zorko and double upgrade next week

I'm leaning towards 1 or 2, but more with Dangerfield. Only because I think my forward line is the weakest.

9. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Mincho on May 24, 2012, 08:55
    Any help would be appreciated my side reads

Delids,Goddard,waters,Clarke,malceski,lake,mohr,Dempsey,ellis
    Stanton,pendles,Thompson,Kennedy,swan,horsley,smith,macdonald
    Gillies,kruzer,orren,redden
    Siddey,franklin,chap,Pav,Martin,props,treloar,Adams,pfeiffer
    No cash
    17 trades left

Trade thoughts...</blockquote>

dempsey down, kruzer up

10. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from benjim on May 24, 2012, 20:18
    Is it too late to jump on the Dangermouse?
    I can turn Milera into Dangermouse but that would mean carrying 4 donuts in the forward line in Rd 11. Other option is to hold Milera to Rd 13 and trade him out then but is it too late for Dangermouse then?
    </blockquote>

too late...will get a tag now so i think his score will come down anyway...but damn glad i started with him

11. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

Thinking:

Cameron to Zorko

McIntosh to Stephenson (for byes/js)

Will give me &#36;485,900 for upgrades next week.

Was tossing up Swan to Pendles But already down to 14 trades, so will probably hold him.

12. rbat

rbat New Member

Ok, would love it if someone could help me. This week I’ve brought in Dangerfield for Swan to be a DPP with Sidebottom. This will be invaluable to me in round 11 where it will limit me to one donut overall barring injury etc.

In round 13, I want to bring in a couple of premiums to pretty much finish my team so I need to generate some cash. Do I 1) start some downgrades of rookies such as Magner, Kennedy with an option like Zorko this week or perhaps Walsh next week? Or 2) hold the trades and see how much further my current cows moo? Note: Jenkins doesn’t fit my bye strategy at all so he’s not an option.

____
    benjim, I don't think it is too late for Dangerfield if he fits your team structure. It depends on your strategy. I think he is an awesome pick up. With the Adelaide draw, he will be in the 600,000's before too long.

13. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I've gone Greene to Zorko and Kennedy to Zaharakis this week. I'm banking (ie. hoping) he tons it up in a big way against GWS.

14. Chicko

Chicko New Member

@rbat - I think it is time to start culling some of your cows. IMO, particularly Magner.

15. obleex

obleex New Member

Who's the best option out of Selwood, Watson or Kennedy? After reading Captian's Log looks like Selwood and Kennedy might not get it done this weekend - better to wait a week?

16. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

Porpoise for Zorko is a must for mine. Zorko will get the odd sub's vest but might have done enough to stay clear of it for a few weeks. a proven ball winner in the QAFL I love that Vossy is playing him in the middle at times now too.

Also, check out our SuperCoach website for all our tips. We are SuperCoach brokers and give you the bulls & bears of the SuperCoach stock market each week!

http://www.aflaftermath.com.au/supercoach-match-committee.html

Cheers

The Wolf