Who will the Cats poach?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Oodles, May 25, 2012.

1. Oodles

Oodles New Member

Cashed up, Travis Boak would be a great 'get' for Geelong at the end of the year and Boak would probably enjoy not recieving the number one tag each week too. Other possibilities? Is Jamar too old to chase?

2. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

If Boak wants to go, let him go. In all honesty he has not done all that much in his 5 years at Port to deserve the money that will be thrown his way by other clubs. Port may have something to do with this by hindering his development by not having the resources that some other clubs do. But at the same time, I have seen nothing from Boak to suggest that he is going to be an elite AFL midfielder. His kicking skills are pretty ordinary and some of the decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

Having said all that, I do know that at the moment he is getting painkilling injections before each game and at half time for a foot injury.

3. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Danger>Menzel trade rumor was floating around a couple weeks back, but with Menzel resigning who do you think the cats would give up for bait??

4. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

I agree with Steve, I"m not sure the Cats should rush and get Boak especially when they have Selwood as their 'slow' inside midfielder. You don't want too many of them or too many of the same type in your midfield (just ask the Kangas!).

Cats need speed and burst from the contest, Danger would be perfect but if he signs with the Crows then someone like Harley Bennell, Dylan Shiel, Stephen Hill these types that can burst.

Also, check out our SuperCoach website for all our tips. We are SuperCoach brokers and give you the bulls & bears of the SuperCoach stock market each week as well as a comprehensive AFL betting guide each week. We preview all 9 matches and look for value in the betting markets.

http://www.aflaftermath.com.au

Cheers

The Wolf

5. Oodles

Oodles New Member

I believe the two first round picks they will have (one from GAJ) will be the bait and a few front ended contracts thanks to Lingy and Otto retiring will be the source. Didn't realise Boak was playing on injections but I do think he would greatly benefit from less tags. We've seen a lot better players than him stopped week in week out by the heavy tag. Cats are stiff Danger has improved out of sight this year as all reports were that they were a massive chance of snagging him. Although it didn't seem as good then as it would now. Not sure I can renmember such a maligned plyer improving so quickly. Sando is either a genius or Craig a, well, cycling guru.

6. Oodles

Oodles New Member

On a sidenote I'm about 99% sure that the cats were to pick Travis Boak with their pick 7 in the 06' draft. Port went with Boak at 5 and the catters had to settle for the injury plagued Joel Selwood.

7. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Oodles, if you want we will take Duckwood now in return for Boak. We will even throw in any other spuds you want from Port as well, lol

You can forget about Dangerfield, he is signing a 3 yr contract with the Fruit Tingles.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Arent they trading Menzel for Dangerfield..... :lol:

9. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

I think Boak will re-sign - Port have a very good recent record of signing young guns despite the lure of returning home e.g. Jackson Trengove.

Although if he did go I'd be fine with that also - He's a good midfielder, but not an elite and if we could get two first round picks in return (Ablett compensation pick and geelong's pick) I think that'd be an acceptable swap.

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

11. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Dangerfield was always going to be a star, you could see it in his gait. Was played badly out of position by Craig not unlike Thomas at Collingwood under Malthouse - to get an education while he built his tank.

Now he has the tank, he's going to be able to destroy sides.

I'm just dirty on myself I didn't get on for the ride this year.

Danger actually reminds me of Nathan Buckley, which says something for the esteem I hold him in. Next year he will be seen as elite if he can keep the form going.

12. wombat

wombat New Member

Boak we'll have a good crack at, Wells loves him that's no secret.

We're also pushing hard for a couple of GC fringe players, and a certain other midfielder who is struggling for gametime at his current club.

13. Pivotonian

Pivotonian New Member

Why would we want GC fringe players and some dud who can't get a game where he is now?

14. traviso

traviso Active Member

Brent Maloney? who? Some of the GC players are showing?

15. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Pivotonian on May 25, 2012, 17:22
    Why would we want GC fringe players and some dud who can't get a game where he is now?</blockquote>

I like your name :D

16. ormos

ormos New Member

Cats wont go after some fringe player, going to want go all out and get some decent players. Id love it if could score dangermouse but i don't think it would get over the line. Not sure on players but at a guess will be going after a established mid and defensive back.

Clubs i feel sorry for going to be clubs like Melbourne who are struggling, they will loose a few decent players with free agencies kicking in soon.

17. Oodles

Oodles New Member

please do not mention Maloney. Overrated butcher. The watermelons under his arms are holding him back. You'd only need a packet of salt n vinegar Samboy chips to get him.

18. Oodles

Oodles New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Steve on May 25, 2012, 15:31
    Oodles, if you want we will take Duckwood now in return for Boak. We will even throw in any other spuds you want from Port as well, lol

You can forget about Dangerfield, he is signing a 3 yr contract with the Fruit Tingles. </blockquote>

I have to ask Steve, Fruit Tingles? haven't heard that before. Agree too with earlier post about Port signing its young guns. They've got more than most Vics give them credit for. If Hartlett stays upright and isn't a star down the track then I have no idea.

19. Buttkicker

Buttkicker New Member

<blockquote>Quote from wombat on May 25, 2012, 17:09
    Boak we'll have a good crack at, Wells loves him that's no secret.

We're also pushing hard for a couple of GC fringe players, and a certain other midfielder who is struggling for gametime at his current club.</blockquote>

There's no way Geelong will be going for Couch