Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. Triza

Triza New Member

Just did:
    L. Thompson -> Jacobs
    D. Stanley -> Adcock

Happy with that!

2. JamesNanks

JamesNanks New Member

Tapscott to Lynch seems the obvious move this week, but from there I'm at a bit of a loss. I'll only have $139,400K in the bank and that doesn't give me many real upgrade options unless I pull the pin on Didak and bring in ROK. I'm tempted to sideways trade McKernan to Watts to give some depth to the forward line. Thoughts??

3. The_General

The_General Member

Anybody got any thoughts on S Thompson vs Priddis?

4. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Priddis there General, seen alot of teams with Thompson now so a good POD.
    Looking at that choice next week for higgins or Krak.
    Maybe Hodge aswell?????

I couldn't wait til sundays teams tonight.
    Just traded out Tappy > Lynch(GC)
    and then batchelor > adcock.

Got cover if Swanny gets dropped but its only Mzungu.
    And for Higgins with Lynch.
    Hope Richardson gets a go gonna need the cash soon.

5. WLF

WLF New Member

Tapscott>Lynch
    Knights>Franklin

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Have done Grimes -> Goddard, but have two donuts so need to make a choice. Either

Tappy -> Lynch or
    Hale -> Bailey/Vardy.

The first looks more appealing on paper, but will have to trade a ruckman next week if I choose the former. If I choose the latter, I can potentially not trade next week (hopefully).

Thoughts?

7. homerj

homerj Member

@JamesNanks - I'm in a similar spot to you, getting Lynch would be good but won't really give me enough cash to ugrade to anyone decent unless I trade a player I don't really want to trade yet (ie Dangerfield who has a soft run in coming weeks). On the Watts question, I know you're a Melb supporter so don't take offence but I don't rate Watts at all and even tho McKernan is been equally as bad lately, why waste a trade?
    @TopHeavy - Tough question. Will you have a donut if you don't get Lynch? At least he's on the bubble. The other 2 you could still get next week (god forbid if one of them got injured this wk).
    But if you only are getting Lynch as a cash cow but absolutely need a ruckman I would pass on Lynch and get the ruckman now and save a trade.

8. JamesNanks

JamesNanks New Member

@jubs007 Take a look at Watts' past 4 games. I don't run my Supercoach team with bias, Grimes & Tapscott were my only Demons and they were justifiable picks. Watts' role has changed and he's an 80-90 scorer now.

Nonetheless, I'm settling on the side of hanging onto the $139K to assist in a better trade when appropriate.

9. homerj

homerj Member

Hey James wasn't trying to say you were biased mate, I know Watts has definitely improved the past few weeks (whereas McKernan hasn't). I just don't think a sideways trade is worth doing that's all :)

10. JamesNanks

JamesNanks New Member

I agree. Which is why I'm just going to hold the cash and use it to add some punch to an upgrade at a later date. So many quality downgrade options around with Evans, Mzungu, Smith & Nicholson lurking about, good to have extra cash up the sleeve.

11. way2serious

way2serious New Member

ok so Lynch? so many people trading him in and i am am one of them. But i haven't really heard a great deal about him, is he the real deal will he be able to keep up his first two weeks pace?

12. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Not so much a trade question, but a quick question. Darling on field VS McKernan on field.
    Is cold, cold blue of collingwood's ticker and the red of Brisbane's enough to get McKernan scoring higher than Jack this week?

13. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

I have enough to upgrade to GAJ, but who should I trade between Harris and Libba? I want to keep whoever should make the most cash this week so I can afford Chappy next week?

I'm thinking that I should say goodbye to Libba this week as Harris is cheaper and has a similar 3 round av, thoughts?

14. way2serious

way2serious New Member

@sainter
    both have low BE but from memory harris is very low and both have tough matches so...close call but i think keep harris

15. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Went mckernan to Jacobs and higgins to fyfe. I didn't really want Jacobs but mckernan is losing cash as is higgins, and I can get mzungu on the bubble next week. Hopefully the both kill it and fisher, shaw and Mundy also do better this week

16. Josh

Josh New Member

@Sainterz12 - keep harris, should rise very nicely this week
    scott thompson or leigh montagna!? cant decide between the two.. can see montagna stepping it up in the next few weeks.

17. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Went Polec > Jacobs and Tappy > Lynch.

Gave me 199K in the kitty. There are too many premium mids with far too high BE.

My midfield is fair decent but I might add one more in from either Chappy, Boyd or GAJ.

Backline might need one more premium but I'm pretty happy with my team at the moment.

18. Vic_Bitter

Vic_Bitter New Member

otten -> jacobs
    curnow -> montagna

i still need to strengthen my backline but there is no decent premium backmen to choose from... got enright, might pick up newman after his 1st bye. adcock and fisher seem a little expensive...

19. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Absolutely noone to downgrade to. Sexton & Darley only guys on bubble but both dont appear to have good job securrity or be good sub candidate. Think Darley is best option out of the two.

Really wanted to hold onto Luke Parker til at least after byes, or til Round 12 when could swap him for Priddis but seemed to have shocker on weekend. Although think got 17 touches still so maybe was off night.

Hopefully i get Heppell & Swan back this week, if not may trade Parker to Pendles or something as still fits bye plan as share same one...

20. silacious

silacious New Member

Funny thing i've had darley all year, i put him on field and he ends up being sub. that hurt