Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Damn it, how stupid. Just playing around with trades and you can "sub" multiple positions.. EG.

Parker to forward line with Zorko to middle. But then you cant do Roughead to forward line & Parker to Rucks... How stupid!!

2. Corks

Corks Member

I'm a bit concerned that guys like Mohr, Magner and Morris will start going backwards now, so tempted to do a couple of trades for cash and upgrade. Team needs major surgery following Mumford, Fyfe, Murphy, Cloke and Broughton spudding it, so can't afford to lose cash as well. Prefer to take short-term pain I think...who knows, every call I've made this year is wrong so far...

3. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Think my brain just went POP!!!! Trying to plan for the byes. All lines are workable except fwds where I either get smashed with 3 donuts or start working on it now. Some GWS guys have to go, but who to get in???? Might have to blow 2 trades and get in Saad and dare I say it McQualter and hope one of them provides good coverage for the rest of the season. Or cashola for last upgrade. Would be 2 very sideways trades of D.Smith and Kennedy. Would be 4 trades, For no donuts, and some cash and catchup points. Leaving very few trades for rest of the season. Again!!!!
    Also I'm tempted to get onto Pyke for ruck coverage.

4. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

What do you guys think of Bootsma or Walsh as downgrade targets this week? Forgetting their low sub-affected scores they look like they have talent. Either one's JS any good with long-term injury problems in both teams?

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Tommy Walsh will be dropped, 1 possession and 2 free kicks against. Not sure how he scored in positives! His first score was inflated due to playing that rabble called Melbourne. Not to mention he is not a AFL footballer.

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I'm glad I got in Zorko while I could. Have offloaded Morris, Bugg and Magner in the past two weeks. Really have to trade in guys like Horsely on the bubble when they come about as the opportunities seem to be drying up. Devon Smith will be my next slaughter victim, but will be an upgrade for ???

7. jibba

jibba Member

Sorry to play devil's advocate but I was thrilled to see Darley get the sub last week as I'm considering getting Darley after his first price rise.

Planning a Marty Clarke to Darley during his bye

Food for thought?

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Must agree there are no options this week!

Darley must come in though...I have this week pencilled in to start preparing for BYE's.

I also have 3 cows that are about to lose value:
    Bugg (BE 80, lost 14k this week and scored 40s in his last two)
    Clarke (BE 98, lost 4k this week)
    Milera (BE 69, scored 57 this week, but average is lower than current BE)

Assuming all 3 play round 10, and considering I have enough money to either upgrade both to low end premiums (eg Martin, Scotland) or downgrade one and upgrade Milera to Sidey....

Which two players should I get rid of ASAP? I'm leaning toward Clarke, but then unsure of my second choice.

9. Quantum

Quantum New Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on May 28, 2012, 10:15
    Tommy Walsh will be dropped, 1 possession and 2 free kicks against. Not sure how he scored in positives! His first score was inflated due to playing that rabble called Melbourne. Not to mention he is not a AFL footballer. </blockquote>

I wouldn't bank on Walsh being dropped, yes he had a bad game but the ressies had the week off so he could be safe. We need another tall up forward and he could just need a few more games to get it together.

All that being said, long term his JS doesn't look good with Goodes and possibly Matt Spangher coming back in

10. Corks

Corks Member

Any thoughts on who should be first to get slaughtered out of Morris and Mohr?

11. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Is it time to start bring in additonal and very cheap MPP's for flexibility and who may not actually play to often (assuming there are none or very limited playing MPP's).

This will reduce bench coverage but increase our hip pockets ready for the run home... ?

12. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I really need to trade Milera > rnd12 Forward this round.

Apart from Couch (hasnt played a game) and Walsh (might get dropped, terrible JS) I am pretty depressed with the options!!

Is it crazy to take a flyer on Couch to upgrade and prepare for byes?

13. Powerfan777

Powerfan777 New Member

Strongly considering bringing in Roughead - he's consistently around 100, DPP, and looks well over his achilles. Plus, Hawthorn are going to improve and start playing some duds soon so his scores will only increase!

14. homerj

homerj Member

So who's going to hold Magner? I had planned to at least til rd 12 so he could cover for byes. But has a high break-even this week and not guaranteed to get it, especially with Melb spudding it up totally.

My other option for trade is Devon Smith as need to get GWS rookies out before bye but he still has money to be made!

Thoughts?

15. Wallaby

Wallaby New Member

Ive dropped Magner for NDS, his BE is getting up there and cant see him holding value through the bye rounds plus NDS is such good value!!...I'm thinking Adams might need to go this week too, any thoughts?

16. Jay

Jay New Member

@ Dirty Dog
    Maybe not a round 10 trade, but with the downgrade outlook bleak, will definitely look at trading Orren out of R3 for a non playing cheap as chips fwd/ruck and run really lean in Rucks with Nic Nat and Giles at R1 & 2. Already have Roughy in Fwd. Just have to hope that Orren keeps getting games to boost his value.

17. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from jibba on May 28, 2012, 10:40
    Sorry to play devil's advocate but I was thrilled to see Darley get the sub last week as I'm considering getting Darley after his first price rise.

Planning a Marty Clarke to Darley during his bye

Food for thought?

</blockquote>

i agree he could now be a good buy in rd12 (if named) for anyone downgrading a DEF cashcow

18. bama

bama Active Member

My plan was to trade D Smith to Ablett next week to maximise the cash, but thinking now it might be better to do it this week. Waiting a week will probably save me 20-30k. Only going for leagues.

19. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

think my plan for this week is as follows:

trade d.smith>sidbottom
    trade s.morris>darley

cant see any downgrade option past darley, even not too sure about him. Both D.Smith and S.Morris seem to be off the boil and on there way down, best to offload before any loss of &#36;&#36;&#36;&#36;&#36;&#36;&#36;&#36;. my thoughts anyway

20. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Im thinking of going Clarke/Morris to Darley/Enright.

What does everyone think of Enright? Starting to work back into decent scoring? Already have Goddard/Lids/Shaw/Broughton