Are Richmond the Target Team in the back half of the season????

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Manikato1, May 28, 2012.

1. Manikato1

Manikato1 New Member

At the beginning of the year to me Sydney, Nth Melb and Adelaide looked the teams with the best draw up to the bye rounds. After that the Tigers looked to have a charmed run with Melb Rd 15, Suns Rd 16, Roos Rd 17, Brisbane Rd 19, Dogs Rd 20, Freo Rd 21 (Ross Lyin’ will be in full despair mode by that time with Freo) and Port Rd 23. The rounds I have not mentioned represent harder teams but given the form of Richmond at the moment and with this kind of draw is it time it load up with Tiger players after the draw????? Can they finish better than 9th???

2. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

"Can they finish better than 9th???"

...probably best I just leave this thread alone. ;)

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Adelaide have a dream finals run.

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I've got Lids, Cotch, Dusty. Me no complain.
    Crows have a dream run full stop. Doesn't mean they're that good a team though to be honest. A few guns with a bunch of hard workers. I'm not convinced about their top team credentials, but they will be hard to toss for top 4 as they don't lose games they shouldn't. Very professional.

5. HanoiHawks

HanoiHawks New Member

The bloody Tigers tore us a new one this weekend, didn't they? I stocked up big at the beginning of the year on Tigers and am finally seeing results. Have Lids, Jack, Martin and Morris. Got rid of Ellis last week as five was too many to have coming into the bye but I'll try to hold on to the four I've got. Lids is obvious and Dusty is finally coming good (I hope). Jack will continue to frustrate but really like Morris. Not scoring huge at the moment but looks a good player and hard to see him not getting a lot of games.

6. jibba

jibba Member

I see Newman as a high value pick
    He would drop to low 400k soon, at that value for potential 95-100 avg, pretty hard to ignore

7. Corks

Corks Member

Hadn't though of Cotchin till I saw this thread, but he's numbers are good and is looking like a nice little POD in M5/6.

What's the JS of Ellis and Morris looking like? Morris seems to be safe, but Ellis spends half every game in the vest so wondering if he needs to go even though he has not made anywhere near enough $$$. Would prefer not to trade someone worth $200k if hes going to keep getting games.

8. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Cotchin and Newman wont be in the top10 mids and defenders imo at the end of the year so no point getting them in. Lids is (and was always) a must get for anyone that doesn't have him but outside of that their are no must haves. The one thing you run the risk of picking Richmond players is the incosistancy. 70 one week - 130 the next.

Corks - I reckon Morris and Ellis will play all year. Ellis getting a rest now just to keep him fresh. I'm happy to keep him as D9 all year given he hasn't made enough to moo.

9. leb17

leb17 New Member

Morris will play all year, cant see him being dropped. Ellis could go either way, but to me i think he will make money in the next 3 weeks, provide coverage for the byes and then should be traded before round 13

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have said since the start of the year that I would be picking up dusty at around this time.

He has dropped the 100k I expected him to, due to the tigers horror early season fixture.

But now wondering if it's worth it?

I think he will eventually be consistently scoring 100+ (next year perhaps)

But right now I would compare him to zaharakis (in SC terms only). He'll get you big scores...but will also go quiet in other games - especially losses.

However, a player like dusty who can score 140+ for under 500k is damn tempting, and I wouldn't be disappointed if he was all I could afford.

Cotchin is a lock in my mids next year too...will make top 20 this year just not top 10 as required.

11. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from Moblets on May 28, 2012, 13:14
    Cotchin and Newman wont be in the top10 mids and defenders imo at the end of the year so no point getting them in.</blockquote>

But they could be top 10 for the second half of the year, and that's all that matters now.

12. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_Swert on May 28, 2012, 13:56
    <blockquote>Quote from Moblets on May 28, 2012, 13:14
    Cotchin and Newman wont be in the top10 mids and defenders imo at the end of the year so no point getting them in.</blockquote>

But they could be top 10 for the second half of the year, and that's all that matters now.</blockquote>

Agree. He's top 10 mid for points right now, and 11th for average, despite Richmonds tough draw. Has Port in R24 for SC GF as well. The more I look at him the more I'm convinced he's worth considering as M5/M6.

Moblets - another great score this week - handed me my ass on a platter, so I probably should listen to you. I won't though as I want to crush you in the finals. At 140th are you starting to think more overall than league now big fella?

13. donatello

donatello New Member

All I know is,
    go tigers!!
    Oh, and the Mullet might be a good pick up as well.

14. vc_bombers

vc_bombers New Member

<blockquote>Quote from H_Dons on May 28, 2012, 13:30
    I have said since the start of the year that I would be picking up dusty at around this time.

He has dropped the 100k I expected him to, due to the tigers horror early season fixture.

But now wondering if it's worth it?

I think he will eventually be consistently scoring 100+ (next year perhaps)

But right now I would compare him to zaharakis (in SC terms only). He'll get you big scores...but will also go quiet in other games - especially losses.

However, a player like dusty who can score 140+ for under 500k is damn tempting, and I wouldn't be disappointed if he was all I could afford.
    </blockquote>

I've had him from the start and it's really frustrating. I keep track of the scores during the games and it always seems he dies off in the second half.

15. 82asch

82asch New Member

This thread has made me have a look at Cotch for M5/M6 and he's almost looking a bit underrated if that's possible. Was considering NDS but I think Cotchin will be way more consistent and I can afford the extra 40K. Real good pick up IMO.

16. jibba

jibba Member

I've upgraded Giles to the Mullet in DT, on current form, he's doing a lot better than Sandi and could potentially continue that for the rest of the season!

17. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I have been too biased in my opinion by picking 5 players. Have Mullet(brought him in for Giles last week), Dusty, Cotch, Lids and JRoo. Not too worried about bye rounds because they are all in different areas (except Dusty and JRoo). I reckon that Richmond's high possession game will cause a few headaches for people thinking about bringing some Tigers. A supercoach smoky from the Tigers is Shane Tuck. Consistent, hard at it, tackles and really consistent.

18. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Lets just hope dusty can keep churnng out those 30 touch 2 goal games for the rest of the year!

19. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Dont think tuck is in consideration. Had 49 one week, then 152 the next. Too many mids are better than him, and he tags aswell

20. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

<blockquote>Quote from hawks2008 on May 28, 2012, 21:13
    Dont think tuck is in consideration. Had 49 one week, then 152 the next. Too many mids are better than him, and he tags aswell</blockquote>

My good friend Hawks, thanks for proving me wrong. Thats okay....your just trying to salvage what you can from the Hawks big loss on the weekend :D