Ablett or Stanton?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Knucklebusters, May 25, 2012.

1. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Hi all,

Can you please help to make my decision easier, I was going to put in Ablett but being that Stanton is up agains GWS and his BE is much lower than Ablett's i now think i want to go Stanton and the other factor is if Ablett goes in i then have 13 people out in RND 13 so putting Stanton in gives me 12 and 8 for RND 12 which seems a bit more justified of a trade. The only thing im worried about is i dont think i will get Ablett in until possibly RND 15/16 or so as i only have $121k and 9 trades left.

2. jibba

jibba Member

Ablett
    Ideally you want both in your side, but I think Stanton's more prone to the odd poor game to drag his price down

3. DBY

DBY New Member

Ablett, hands down.

4. DBY

DBY New Member

Ablett, hands down.

5. Superwolf

Superwolf New Member

Go Ablett!!! It's all about winning finals and your league in August. You need Ablett in your side to have any chance in a big final, where as Stanton is a bit more unreliable and could even be rested if the Bombers have some irrelevant matches later in the season.

Go little Gazza!!!

Also, check out our SuperCoach website for all our tips. We are SuperCoach brokers and give you the bulls & bears of the SuperCoach stock market each week!

http://www.aflaftermath.com.au/supercoach-match-committee.html

Cheers

Wolf

6. Knucklebusters

Cheers for your responses guys, I ended up putting Ablett in just couldn't go Stanton in the end. It will affect my bye's but im only going for leagues so ablett is the better choice imo, Hopefully i can afford Stanton after his bye.

7. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

Stanton just scored low against GWS (he was tagged by Scully I don't think he was really trying), so that'll bring his price down a bit by round 13.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ablett will drop with his score aswell.. on that how on earth did he score 111? Does he seriously just get points for turning up!!

9. bfish

bfish New Member

The same questions were being asked after his efforts last week. He still isn't really going to be that affordable.

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Drops to $687,598 this week, then if hits 146 next two weeks will be 675,255 heading into round 12. Say he scores 130 next two weeks he will be $656K. Thats affordable if you make the right move. Horsley will be about $400K by then, could pay to trade him earlier then most people.

11. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

I traded Thompson and Stanton in this week. Cheers boys

12. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I reckon I've got one of the most frustrating midfields possible.

13. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

lol Ratmata dude why would you trade a really decent premium like Thompson out?

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

He said he traded Thompson & Stanton IN...... no mention of trading Thompson out at all ;)

15. silacious

silacious New Member

I was so close in getting stanton, but chickened out at got a safe bet in j Selwood. might cost me a truckload of points. But you never know

16. Hellraisers

Hellraisers New Member

lol misread it, thought it said "traded Thompson FOR Stanton", clearly it doesn't...

17. Knucklebusters

Im happy in a way i traded ablett in instead of stanton but not really the score i wanted :), What to do this week though lol. I have 9 trades left ( i know i know trigger happy ) My mids and forwards are set now so no more fiddling with them but backline i have goddard, deledio, Broughton, Suckling which i am happy with but the others i am not. Bugg, Mohr, Morris, Ellis and Shaw(adel) now should i just go with them and keep my trades or upgrade this week and only have 7 trades left which is VERY SCARY?