A Hard Trading Round.

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Gonaddz, May 29, 2012.

1. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Well this is tough as cows are not mooing but sitting on the crapper dropping bombs. What are you guys saying? As much as I'd like to admit I'm thinking to cull Mr. Ellis at his less than desirable price of 200K to get Darley IN so then I can boot Mr. Greene for Dal Santo leaving me with 40K in the kitty. Is this a good option? Am I better off waiting another week? Prices will move then I'm not sure if I can foot the bill. Cheers in advance.

Signed

A very confused Supercoach.

2. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

It's a tough round with the downgrade options being so unclear.

The only obvious one is Darley.

Given the price peaks of some rookies, is this kid a must have?

3. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

He's probably going to end up sitting on your bench for the rest of the year too. Might pass on this one. Rather keep Morris or Bugg.

4. jibba

jibba Member

I would say it's unwise to cull Ellis at this stage (although it is worrying he has been subbed three times in a row)
    He still has more scoring potential, and great JS

Getting NDS is a great move though

5. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

mmm, can't afford to have another Spurr on my hands really! Especially since Morris is currently in my starting 22, and Ellis isn't a great replacement since he gets the vest every damn week.

6. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Its hard to decide but to get NDS in it just might be done because his price is rising and I don't think it will come down again. I'll be nice and full with premiums with 5 in the midfield. I'll still have 40K in the bank as waiting might make things worse. So bad idea culling Ellis but good to get NDS.....

7. BenWyld

BenWyld New Member

It's not so much a downgrade, but is Brock Mclean (280,000) a must have with M.Murphy out for 10-12 weeks

8. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

No way is Brock Mclean a must have.... Never

9. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Surely not...I think even Aaron Henneman could have tonned up against the Dees in their current state.

10. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from BenWyld on May 28, 2012, 19:37
    It's not so much a downgrade, but is Brock Mclean (280,000) a must have with M.Murphy out for 10-12 weeks</blockquote>

Is there a VFL Supercoach going on that I don't know about ;)

11. bfish

bfish New Member

No way in the world re: McLean. However Mitch Robinson deserves a look. He was the nominated player to take over Murphy's mid time. Think he can pump his average up to 100+.Sunday was a good start. Tougher run coming up though.

12. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BenWyld on May 28, 2012, 19:37
    It's not so much a downgrade, but is Brock Mclean (280,000) a must have with M.Murphy out for 10-12 weeks</blockquote>

Thanks Dude. POTY. Just printed it and framed it. Will provide lots of lulz for the remainder of teh season.

13. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from aerodyte on May 28, 2012, 18:39
    mmm, can't afford to have another Spurr on my hands really! Especially since Morris is currently in my starting 22, and Ellis isn't a great replacement since he gets the vest every damn week.</blockquote>

My problem as well aerodyte.

Currently have Morris (Spurr, Ellis) in the final 3 spots. Morris - Darley would generate the most cash, and would work with my byes, but then having Darley/Spurr/Ellis in D7-9 is probably SC suicide leading up to the bye rounds.

Will more than likely go Milera - Sexton even though Sexton doesn't look like having the scoring potential of Darley it's only an F9 swap, and with his DPP I'd rather be playing the likes of Treloar, Devon Smith, Zorko the Great etc if he fails so less risk.

14. Josh

Josh New Member

I have Smedts, so I want to get rid of him before Ellis because at least Ellis is getting a game! I think Darley will be a good option and I think he will get games in the second half of the year. Hopefully a few more rookies start to get games because the downgrade options are drying up very quickly... Jamie Elliot is a talent but might find it difficult to keep his spot in the Collingwood side.

15. gogonz

gogonz New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Josh on May 28, 2012, 21:56
    I have Smedts, so I want to get rid of him before Ellis because at least Ellis is getting a game! I think Darley will be a good option and I think he will get games in the second half of the year. Hopefully a few more rookies start to get games because the downgrade options are drying up very quickly... Jamie Elliot is a talent but might find it difficult to keep his spot in the Collingwood side. </blockquote>

I still have smedts. But I softened the blow with getting M.Johnson who's going well. I swap them in and out of the fwd/back line as required. Still hopeful that smedts will do something but with Johnson, at least I can cover him.