Clancee Pearce - WTF?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by easty01, May 29, 2012.

1. easty01

easty01 New Member

Good 'ol Clancee was shaping up as a nice little POD, especially after his 130 in Rd.7, then last 2 weeks he pulls out 58 v Hawks and 36 v Eagles.

I haven't seen either game but he wasn't subbed and I've heard no word of injury - did he suddenly cop a hard tag? Did Ross Lyin start giving him a defensive role?

I'd appreciate any word from those who saw the games, with a b/e of 178 and games coming up against Adel/Rich/Ess/Coll he may have to go.

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Pretty sure he was subbed.

3. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Took a head knock and was subbed off in his match two weeks ago.

4. easty01

easty01 New Member

Welcome to following the AFL from Canada! How about last week, concussed or just everywhere the ball wasn't?

5. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Most of freo had a shocker.

6. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

If Freo know what is good for them, they will cut their loses with Lyon. He is suffocating that team

Clancee wasn't the only player to have a shocker. The entire team was down. But if you were thinking about going a sideways trade with him I'd do it this week (breakeven of 178!)

7. easty01

easty01 New Member

Cheers, all - I appreciate the info :)

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Easty, you can check on the substitutions after the round is completed on the official AFL website (afl.com.au). Go the the Match Centre:

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Default.aspx#fixtureid=7725&tab=Recap

and down the end of the match report for each game is the details of who was substituted and when it happened.

"SUBSTITUTES
    Hawthorn: Paul Puopolo replaced by Shane Savage in the fourth quarter.
    Fremantle: Clancee Pearce replaced by Jay van Berlo in the third quarter."

9. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

KTBFFH, Lying had a similar impact at the Saints, we didn't make the finals his first year IIRC. I suspect it will pay off for Freo in 2013, particularly if they can figure out how to score, which the Saints never quite could.

Although I have respect for him on some level with what he did with the Saints, I am in no way disappointed that he left (I think the boys were worn down and needed a change) and really like the way Watters has the Saints playing.

10. Muppets

Muppets Member

Yep, not happy with Clancee. Brought him in 2 weeks ago and he hasn't even managed 100 points total. Now I'm gonna have to keep him at least at F7 until finals. The only positive is he will likely be an even bigger POD if he hits the 100-point range again. If.