NDS Vs. Cotchin

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 82asch, May 31, 2012.

1. 82asch

82asch New Member

This question has been asked around the place a bit and I think it probably warrants a separate discussion. Both players are well priced to come into the team this week but it is a real tough one to choose. Cotch looks like being more consistent while NDS could go anywhere from 70 to 150. Both get tagged with Cotch looking like he can handle it better. NDS 40K cheaper. Both have easing draws and they play each other this week. Help me decide...

2. The_General

The_General Member

Really tough one, I'd say NDS due to the higher ceiling.

3. The_General

The_General Member

Really tough one, I'd say NDS due to the higher ceiling.

4. turbo

turbo New Member

Just posted over the other side, one thing to remember is Lenny Hayes is now back munching on Dal's points and looking pretty dominant.

5. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from turbo on May 31, 2012, 09:28
    Just posted over the other side, one thing to remember is Lenny Hayes is now back munching on Dal's points and looking pretty dominant.</blockquote>

Agree. Also NDS is established as an elite mid...who sometimes struggles with a tag.

Cochin is an up-and-comer from a developing team who IMO has far greater potential and is going to be one of the best in the game.

If I decide to burn a sideways trade in the mids during BYE rounds...Cotchin is pencilled in as my number 1 option.

6. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

I hear a lot about Dal Santo struggling with a tag but doesnt everyone? Kerr of late, Pendleberry in round 3, Judd last week. Taggers have good games too.

How about the games where Dal Santo is tagged and pumps out 115+ games? He is a proven Supercoach scorer over many years and I think the "struggles with tags" is not entirely accurate. Sure, he has bad games when tagged on occassions but I reckon he performs well in far more games when tagged than he doesnt. His 48 earlier in the year is undoubtedly poor but so was Pendles 62.

Might be picky but think his 110+ average over many years doesnt deserve the "struggles with a tag". Cotchin an awesome player too!

7. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I agree Tiger he has a bad rep of struggling with a tag. He has avg in the top 10 mids for the last 3-4 years and is now at a bargain price. I brought him in last week and enjoyed him churning out a 130.

Also Hayes eating his points is another myth IMO, him and Hayes have played together for years and with Joey and they have all had great SC success.

They are both good .. you probably cant go wrong with either.

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Probably not the correct forum to post this so I hope no-one minds. I already have Cotchin but need to trade in another Prem mid with round 13 bye.
    It's between NDS and Lenny but I'm undecided. Any thoughts?
    Thumbs UP: NDS
    Thumbs DWN: LENNY

9. shanaz

shanaz New Member

Cant give you thumbs in the forum mate. Id personally go with NDS at this stage ahead of lenny. His price is too good to pass up and he'll probably outscore lenny from here anyway

10. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Hayes actually helps NDS scoring, rather than mitigates it.

11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

My worry with Cotchin (as a Tigers supporter) is that he'll attract the first and best tagger. That can often leave him really battling a bit more for points.

That said, the Tigers' draw opens up a bit after this week. Might be interesting to see what happens.

12. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

Wouldn't they tag Deledio first?

13. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

They say playing SC is similar to playing the stockmarket, buy quality stocks when they are down in price and sell when you have made a few bucks on the speculative ones. Dal Santo at present price is like getting BHP below &#36;20 in the middle of a mining boom.

14. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Dal Santo has the skills but you have to love Cotchin's work. He tackles, runs hard and kicks goals and Dal doesn't do all of those things. Cotchin gets tagged nearly every week and apart from the Kane Cornes match, he has done well. In saying this, he will probably get tagged very heavily by Jones this week so he mightn't score too well. I have had Cotchin from the start of this year but if I didn't have either of them....I may lean slightly towards Dal Santo but only because of his price.

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Tigertime on May 31, 2012, 10:43
    I hear a lot about Dal Santo struggling with a tag but doesnt everyone? Kerr of late, Pendleberry in round 3, Judd last week. Taggers have good games too.

How about the games where Dal Santo is tagged and pumps out 115+ games? He is a proven Supercoach scorer over many years and I think the "struggles with tags" is not entirely accurate. Sure, he has bad games when tagged on occassions but I reckon he performs well in far more games when tagged than he doesnt. His 48 earlier in the year is undoubtedly poor but so was Pendles 62.

Might be picky but think his 110+ average over many years doesnt deserve the "struggles with a tag". Cotchin an awesome player too!</blockquote>

Spot on, fact is he gets tagged EVERY week. Its just sometimes he has off game. He's an elite scorer in supercoach and at his price it staggers me people are questioning whether to bring him in or not!

16. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

You've made the point very well,STK. NDS is on his way in......

17. traviso

traviso Active Member

Why not throw Mitchell in here too same price range as NDS

Both NDS and Mitchell have had 2 off weeks but others mostly consistent 100+ scoring. Cotchin has been more consistent 1 off week.

The draw would favor Cotchin. History favors NDS then Mitchell. Hawks would probably have a a higher win ratio hope than the other 2? Do these guys score more in wins or losses or no difference?

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Just bit more on Dal.

Dal Santo averages 114 if you take out his 1 poor game of 46.

Has scored 148, 112, 117, 87, 110, 46, 101, 107 & 130 this year.

People have said he has started slowly, yet this season he is averaging more then at same time last year. From this stage on think he averaged 134 last year!!

19. traviso

traviso Active Member

Same with Mitchell take out his 55 and you get a 113.5 avg too. What was the sainters run like last year? Similar to this year? I also lied earlier he has had an 83 a 91 and a 55 not just 2 x sub 100. His other scores are a little higher than NDS. So similar results.

So it's gut feel at this point? Future predictions? :)

20. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

Dal averages

2009 - 115
    2010 - 112
    2011 - 119

Surely he has been tagged during these years if "everyone" knows he cant handle a tag and he still produces top 10 mid SCoach scores yearly. Pretty handy player to be picking up for 500k and cant see why people think it is risky or he cant play through a tag.

Priddis a risk too come round 11?