Bootsma, Shaw ect....

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, Jun 1, 2012.

1. crew

crew New Member

Have Darley looking for a backman downgrade ??. To be honest I don't like the JS of these two but I'm in a spot a rookie will be coming in. Does anyone have the oil on these players. I usually follow players in the ressies but work commitments over the last few weeks have made me time poor. Note the time this is posted lol.

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Shaw is worth keeping an eye on.

A lot of Adelaide supporters felt he looked the goods early in the year when in, but he got injured and the guy he replaced (Andy Otten) took his spot. Note that Andy Otten isn't in the side and hasn't been for a few weeks.

The general consensus was Shaw was an upgrade on Otten. I've been surprised he hasn't returned until now, but I guess that's because Adelaide haven't lost, and you don't disrupt a winning combo.

In fact, Shaw has almost come back at the expense of Ricky Henderson this week to be honest.

I'll be keeping my eye on him to see if he holds his spot after the bye - if he does, and Spurr doesn't return, it might be a quick step across and trade there before Shaw's third game. Let's face it, given Adelaide's good draw, Shaw would be a chance to retain a spot for a while if he plays passably and the Crows keep performing and beating up on teams like GWS.

3. kevy

kevy New Member

It's worth noting that in Shaw's only game against the giants he only had 13 touches at 54% disposal efficiency (in a full game)

71sc is generous for that return, he did have 6 rebound 50's though...

4. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Big wraps on Shaw apparently. And for him to be forcing his way into the Adelaide team after their start shows that they think enough of him.

Very much looking like my last downgrade player... :D

5. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Oh... and Bootsma is a SC mirage. A young kid way too skinny for AFL football getting a cple of games at senior level due to an extended injury list. Plays a few games, scores OK, but gets dropped as soon as there are real men available to play.

Carlton had another one of them in the fwd line a few years back. Goes by the name of Garlett. Anyone care to remember how his 1st year panned out?

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Garlett is still as skinny as Bootsma

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I don't really like Shaw

I have Johncock, Otten and Henderson in my ORFFL team and basically Shaw has destroyed all of them.

Hope he does an ACL and dies in a ditch :D

8. crew

crew New Member

LOL Lucas :). Sound like a tick for me. Thanks good people your've thrown a fellow SC'er a large bone. Consenses is Bootsma's a spud from the bottom of the barrel (Skinny kids go down like hookers in the big game)so Mr Bootsma kiddy game down the road >>>>>>>>>>.
    Good point that Shaw forced his way into a winning side. Action speaks louder than words.